THE EFL HEARING THREAD

12 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

If we were relegated because of a points deduction, the only person culpable is DC

Totally agree with this. As poor as some of our performances have been since Christmas the team have done enough on the pitch to be playing championship football next season. if we go down now then it is DC and DC alone who is responsible. Having said that, the 12 point deduction may not even happen. 12 points seems to be what the fans have settled on for some odd reason.

Edited by wmb

3 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Loving how this 12 point deduction is a given. 

Agreed , some of our fans will take any info from Tom, D**k or Harry on twitter as gospel. 

Edited by s29wfc
  • Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Ferkorf said:

Should have got him in. Millwall are on the way to the play offs

When will people realise that whatever manager we get in, the outcome would be the same.

I`ll say it for the millionth time, THIS CLUB IS A SHAMBLES FROM TOP TO BOTTOM!

1 minute ago, wmb said:

Totally agree with this. As poor as some of our performances have been since Christmas the team have done enough on the pitch to be playing championship football next season. if we go down now then it is DC and DC alone wo is responsible.

Maybe if the players had performed better and more consistently, befitting the investment DC put into them, then we may have been looking towards the top end of the league. 

What else did you want DC to do, can't sell players if nobody offers for them, tried to comply with FFP by being frugal of late, sold Joao, sought permission from EFL to buy the stadium, which was granted. Shall we go back to the days of selling our prized assets for peanuts and replacing them with free transfer journeyman?

Not everything is DC's fault, some things, but not everything. 

• Like 3

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Strange innit how Admin gets ya  an automatic 12 point penalty, but swfc are going to get that or worse for some financial goings on. 

Given the EFL rules state the penalty for administration as 12 points, and for FFP breaches as 'up to 21 points' or even relegation... Which bit is strange?

13 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Totally agree with you, however had we taken all 3 points from a very poor Huddersfield team we stood a chance of taking a 12 point deduction and still being in a position to stay up.

perhaps huddersfield didnt want to give us 3 pts, just a thought

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Maybe if the players had performed better and more consistently, befitting the investment DC put into them, then we may have been looking towards the top end of the league. 

What else did you want DC to do, can't sell players if nobody offers for them, tried to comply with FFP by being frugal of late, sold Joao, sought permission from EFL to buy the stadium, which was granted. Shall we go back to the days of selling our prized assets for peanuts and replacing them with free transfer journeyman?

he did have offers, he has openly said he doesnt like selling players, not sure of your point. The offers werent for peanuts either, again, not sure of your point

• Like 1

Just now, Grandad said:

Given the EFL rules state the penalty for administration as 12 points, and for FFP breaches as 'up to 21 points' or even relegation... Which bit is strange?

The posts so matter of "fact" that the points deduction has been decided and its 12,thats what's strange. 

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, striker said:

We do need to start looking at player trading as a way to balance our books - so yes, sometimes selling our prized assets is a necessary evil

We were offered £12m for FF in 2017. He's been one of my all time favourite players - but had he been sold for such a huge profit that enabled us to invest in 2 or 3 quality young players, I could have lived with that

Guest Grandad
Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

The posts so matter of "fact" that the points deduction has been decided and its 12,thats what's strange. 

Nobody has a clue what the points deduction will be

Or even if there will be one.

All of this damaging speculation is a result of the total silence surrounding it

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

Our owner also got us to the play-offs, twice.

Sometimes, you've got to place the blame at those who are paid handsomely to don the shirt and cross the white line for reasons of our failure

Chansiri's failures are interlinked with the failures of the players; against Hull and Huddersfield at home in the play-offs especially.  I am a big critic of Chansiri, but the players are the only ones who can put the ball in the net or stop the opposition from doing so when that whistle blows.  

Hang on a minute...if the players are responsible for what happens on the pitch,  then why don't they get credit for the playoffs?

And why does DC get credit for when they succeeded, but only a part of the blame when they failed?

Sorry, but the guy has been at the helm whilst a huge miasma has descended over the club. I accept that managers (who he appointed by the way) and players are culpable too, but it starts at the top as far as I am concerned.  

Like everyone I am praying for some good news this week, but whatever happens I will still be furious at where this guy has taken us. Regardless of what the EFL authorised or didn't authorise, the fact that we even had to ask whether we could backdate a stadium sale, is beyond fizzing ludicrous. 

Financially, everything he has touched, has been a fiasco.

Hopefully this whole mess has taught him some sense, otherwise let's hope he walks into a door soon, and it knocks some into him.

Edited by Sheff74
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

perhaps huddersfield didnt want to give us 3 pts, just a thought

I watched the QPR match thinking of the Bowyer man city game many years ago, a few on here will know what I mean

whereas Huddersfield had something to play for 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

When will people realise that whatever manager we get in, the outcome would be the same.

I`ll say it for the millionth time, THIS CLUB IS A SHAMBLES FROM TOP TO BOTTOM!

If only dem blades had thought the same after six years in division 3 and not bothered appointing wilder eh?

or better still Leeds had kept monk and not replaced him with a far better manager. 

We would all all be happy now

Edited by Plonk
  • Like 1