THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest mrbluesky
10 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Motivation can come from a number of places.

Competition for places is one that can provide that, hand on heart do we have that?

Exactamundo! and so can demotivation  

29 minutes ago, billyblack said:

it must be easy to only focus on one thing and not look at the bigger picture

Billy I’m merely pointing out that sometimes the reason a club is struggling is because of poor managerial appointments ( ie the blades for around ten years and Leeds for God knows how long), and that a good manager will overcome other issues at the club, as both wilder and bielsa have. Put a poor manager into a poor situation and disaster will follow.

8 minutes ago, Nut said:

The stream I watched last night had commentary from Radio Leeds and they said the verdict would be announced by the end of this week. Obviously I've no idea where they got that from. 

Trouble is coming on this thread, someone convinces me that we are going to get the book thrown at us the next time I read it, someone convinces me we are going to be fine.

• Haha 1

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Billy I’m merely pointing out that sometimes the reason a club is struggling is because of poor managerial appointments ( ie the blades for around ten years and Leeds for God knows how long), and that a good manager will overcome other issues at the club, as both wilder and bielsa have. Put a poor manager into a poor situation and disaster will follow.

I like the bits in bold, did you know Chansiri and Carlos are bezzy mates? I mean "bezzy mates" still in regular contact.

8 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Well i have to say, im unsure how any fan can believe selling the ground was good for the club

Very puzzled with all this ground selling, what did Chansiri buy when he bought Wednesday, did he not buy the ground with the club because his name is all over the f----in place. So what difference dose it make if on paper he sells it back to himself, he can't sell the club without a ground or ground without a club so why is everyone getting so fizzed up about it

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Trouble is coming on this thread, someone convinces me that we are going to get the book thrown at us the next time I read it, someone convinces me we are going to be fine.

The problem with this site at the moment is that posters are stating opinions or rumours, often based upon nothing much. That is fine, but then others are using these opinions/rumours as fact. As far as I can tell nobody know owt, but you would never guess that reading some of the posts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Derick Mills said:

Very puzzled with all this ground selling, what did Chansiri buy when he bought Wednesday, did he not buy the ground with the club because his name is all over the f----in place. So what difference dose it make if on paper he sells it back to himself, he can't sell the club without a ground or ground without a club so why is everyone getting so fizzed up about it

I knew there had to be someone

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rafterowl said:

The problem with this site at the moment is that posters are stating opinions or rumours, often based upon nothing much. That is fine, but then others are using these opinions/rumours as fact. As far as I can tell nobody know owt, but you would never guess that reading some of the posts.

The FACTS are that nobody knows anything about the hearing, the result of it, or the outcome that's going to be announced

Once you keep that in the front of your mind you can read this thread and just laugh at people putting out rumours or trying to tell us  what's going to happen or what they've heard

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, rafterowl said:

Yep take everything with a pinch of salt.

9 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Hey, our managers may not have been good appointments, is that because we dont have an owner who knows what hes doing or a board who know what they require in order to achieve the targets they have set the club? Whats the mechanism to appoint a manager, is there a plan to share? Who is responsible for these appointments, the manager himself or someone else? The manager may not work out but they dont appoint themselves. 

Guest wilyfox
13 minutes ago, Derick Mills said:

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

i think he could .......

Yes, Duchatelet did exactly that at Charlton. ESI bought the club, but Duchatelet still owns the stadium & training ground. 

I only come on here to read cos' a few people on here know more about this case than me.

I probably could find this information elsewhere on the internet but at least  you can have a laugh on here.

But the verdict is another story.

It's obvious most of the stuff about  the verdict is just a hunch.

It's just the way and timing it's been conducted is doing nothing but creating tension in our supporters.

At the moment I come on here every 10 - 15 minutes to see if anything has happened and have been for over a week now.

Most of it is rumours and made up stuff but I just know that the minute I stop visiting something will happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s quite simple really.  He, along with others, have identified a potential loophole to offset spending which aimed for success but ultimately failed inside a “system” that is inherently outdated and unfair.

You can argue all day about the journey that got us here.

You can speculate forever about the unknown details and the unknown outcome and eventual consequences but I think the motive is pretty clear.

All the clubs who have gone for the loophole have spent lots of money and just missed promotion apart from Villa who arguably are in the biggest trouble of all involved if they do get relegated.

They HAD to go up last year but even that may not have saved them IF they do come back down but the crime may have been worth the punishment.

You could actually argue ironically that we should have done a Wolves and properly gone for it to compete with the parachute payment clubs.

Edited by sonofbert2

24 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

I like the bits in bold, did you know Chansiri and Carlos are bezzy mates? I mean "bezzy mates" still in regular contact.

No, but I’m not surprised I also don’t understand your point