THE EFL HEARING THREAD

7 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

On the pie chart at the bottom of the page we were the 2nd most popular bet to get relegated, don't know when we went 3/1.... must have been after qpr and 'impossible' to get relegated.

Any lumpers on here?

We could have been 3/1 just before the hearing started. The bookies aren’t daft, they’ll have removed us until the outcome is known 

2 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Still think at this stage IF we are found guilty it will be on some lesser charge with fine and suspended sentence. 

This is what I'm hoping. Having lived through 2020 so far and been a Wednesday Fan since birth though, it's not a hope grounded in any sort of reality. I've looked at every side of this and the only thing that gives me hope is that our accounts were signed off by firms who won't fiddle books. It won't happen, full stop. I'm just praying to a god I don't believe in that we have some sort of paper trail from the league giving us permission to do what we did. This brings us to why the inquiry has lasted so long, it's obviously not an open and shut case. 

Guest Ferkorf
5 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

Don't unless you want another Gary Rowett scenario.

Should have got him in. Millwall are on the way to the play offs

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Helps when you have an owner who knows what he is doing.

Our owner also got us to the play-offs, twice.

Sometimes, you've got to place the blame at those who are paid handsomely to don the shirt and cross the white line for reasons of our failure. 

Chansiri's failures are interlinked with the failures of the players; against Hull and Huddersfield at home in the play-offs especially.  I am a big critic of Chansiri, but the players are the only ones who can put the ball in the net or stop the opposition from doing so when that whistle blows.  

• Like 8

11 hours ago, A12owl said:

Jeff Stelling says there is a conspiracy theory. 

Wait until the EFL know how many points we get then deduct enough to keep us up. 

That would upset the bottom 3 but who cares. 

Hope he's right. 

With just two games to go now, this is beginning to look like an increasing possibility IMHO. I wonder if there is the possibility that they might take the same approach with Wigan - or is the 12 point deduction fixed in the EFL rule book somewhere with no room for manoeuvre ?

Happy to be corrected but....

I don't think any team has ever been hit with a points deduction which was so late in the season, or so large, that they couldn't save themselves by getting enough points on the field.

A points deduction is meant to be a penalty, not an automatic relegation.

So my theory is that any deduction we get now will be set to be too small to relegate us, or will be applied next season.

Hope I'm right!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Let's hope so because on the face of last nights performance we haven't got the manager, players, mentality to stay up.

If we were relegated because of a points deduction, the only person culpable is DC

• Like 7
  • Haha 1