THE EFL HEARING THREAD

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Nixon stirring the pot , couple of tweets about looking to sign a few and told someone we’ve loads of money 

He just guesses. He gets things right but when fans ask him questions he usually makes an educated guess and people take it as if he knows more than he lets on. 

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’ll give you one perfect example of our transfer policy versus our manager’s player management philosophy.

Everyone was screaming for a centre-half, a leader when Loovens’ legs were going.

We signed Venancio, never saw him until CC left and Jos came in.  Perfect replacement, loved it here then we weren’t in a position to make his loan a permanent signing.

What was the player management philosophy? 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He just guesses. He gets things right but when fans ask him questions he usually makes an educated guess and people take it as if he knows more than he lets on. 

Said he was surprised we looking like spending to buy a couple 

In my experience, he’s never usually far wrong 

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

Getting promoted is not a plan, it's a desired outcome or target. A plan is a series of actions and resources needed to achieve the desired outcome. From a business perspective, I have seen little or no evidence that this has been been carried out in a correct or efficient manner. The evidence that it hasn't is the continuous failure to meet financial constraints, firefighting and "fag packet" solutions to cash flow issues.

As I have said on here numerous times our financial plan was based on the PL income and it hasn't worked out. More and more clubs will fall foul of P&S and although it looks nailed on now for Leeds to be promoted they would have been next. 

The clear out of big earners continues in the summer and we will see one if not more seasons of consolidation etc. At the end of the day the club and the chairman gambled and came up short and we will have to come up with another plan to move forward with

• Love 1

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

As I have said on here numerous times our financial plan was based on the PL income and it hasn't worked out. More and more clubs will fall foul of P&S and although it looks nailed on now for Leeds to be promoted they would have been next. 

The clear out of big earners continues in the summer and we will see one if not more seasons of consolidation etc. At the end of the day the club and the chairman gambled and came up short and we will have to come up with another plan to move forward with

Preceisely as you say - a gamble and not a plan. Gambles are wonderful when they come off but problematic when they don't Signing players that the manager or coach wouldn't pick if he only had ten others available is not an efficient use of financial resources and shows that there is something deeply wrong in the background.

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What was the player management philosophy? 

The chosen ones in a nutshell.

Train when you want, do what you want, declare your own fitness, play when you want etc etc.

Actively encourage conflict with squad “outsiders”.  It’s a philosophy that all goes titsup after year 2 but great when it works.

Pound Shop Mourinho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Preceisely as you say - a gamble and not a plan. Gambles are wonderful when they come off but problematic when they don't Signing players that the manager or coach wouldn't pick if he only had ten others available is not an efficient use of financial resources and shows that there is something deeply wrong in the background.

Untrue - a gamble of course can be a plan. You say signing players that a coach wouldn't pick but this has been dispelled in that CC had an input on transfers. The other managers since then have had no real money to spend.

• Like 1

Suspect outcome is due shortly 

If Nixon is getting tips about signings we’ve got feelers out in the market, club must be aware of likely outcome 

4 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

It’s not just a gamble it’s a rinse like most other clubs these days.

100m of dark money is well worth 50m clean.  50% commission.  If people can’t see this they’re blind.

However, I’d rather have that than local ten-bobs asset stripping the club and putting fuckall in.

The End.

• Like 2

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

Untrue - a gamble of course can be a plan. You say signing players that a coach wouldn't pick but this has been dispelled in that CC had an input on transfers. The other managers since then have had no real money to spend.

Not in my book. I have found that business people fall into two categories, gamblers and strategists. The latter always sound like negative fekkers because they tend to focus on the things that can go wrong. The rationale is, if you plan for failure and have a strategy, you are far more likely to be successful.

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It’s not just a gamble it’s a rinse like most other clubs these days.

100m of dark money is well worth 50m clean.  50% commission.  If people can’t see this they’re blind.

However, I’d rather have that than local ten-bobs asset stripping the club and putting fuckall in.

The End.

Aye, if you took Dejphon's money and added Thiramphong's business acumen, we would now be in a far better position. I am convinced of that. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Errrrr the scouts are the same now as they were when Steve Bruce was here

Have another go but next time try talking facts

The scouts remain the same, but the problem is higher up the tree. Chansiri's "advisor" remains the same. Stuffing boy  and his "associates" are the common factor throughout our failed transfer policy since DC bought the club. 

Mr Chansiri is to be awarded the Prestigious 

"EFL Shiniest of Brass Necks" award for his persistent loyalty to Advertising D-Taxis around the stadium during the matches in these uncertain times ...

An EFL spokesperson was approached for a presentation date of the award...

When asked they could not confirm the date of presentation, but stated that it will be coming soon ......

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Which bit? If you think something I posted was incorrect be mature about it and say why it was wrong and which bit etc

About managers admitting they dont choose players

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Mr Chansiri is to be awarded the Prestigious 

"EFL Shiniest of Brass Necks" award for his persistent loyalty to Advertising D-Taxis around the stadium during the matches in these uncertain times ...

An EFL spokesperson was approached for a presentation date of the award...

When asked they could not confirm the date of presentation, but stated that it will be coming soon ......

Come one ... I bet you haven't even phoned D-Taxis ?... if you did you would know that ..... there is an answer machine to take your message because they are so busy 🤣

• Haha 1