THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest mrbluesky
32 minutes ago, Nut said:

And Gibson doesn't get the final payment we owe Boro for Rhodes and Reach. 

He will, when he starts breathing down Chansiri`s neck!

57 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

So it`s lawful what SWFC have done, but we`ll be found guilty because Steve Gibson has been heavy breathing?

Never said it was lawful,  nobody knows yet do they ,  I was replying to someone who said the EFL wouldn’t wanna make an example of us , I belief they would under the pressure they are been put under by certain individuals who have forced them to rush this case through 

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Whatever happens it will be a massive freak out for about 3 weeks, then it will die down, then people will realise we still have a football club, and things will go back to normal

Hope the new server is ready for the meltdown mate. 

Our accounts for 18/19 should be out this week - they were released 16th July last year, which presumably was the latest they could have been filed.

I assume this will be important in the general scheme of things, particularly if we are found not-guilty of the charges. Is it likely we'll be celebrating one day, then the EFL put us straight into sanctions the day after?

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Never said it was lawful,  nobody knows yet do they ,  I was replying to someone who said the EFL wouldn’t wanna make an example of us , I belief they would under the pressure they are been put under by certain individuals who have forced them to rush this case through 

I was being a tad sarcastic, but at the same time giving you a scenario, basically, it matters not if Stevieboy is heavy breathing. 

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

Our accounts for 18/19 should be out this week - they were released 16th July last year, which presumably was the latest they could have been filed.

I assume this will be important in the general scheme of things, particularly if we are found not-guilty of the charges. Is it likely we'll be celebrating one day, then the EFL put us straight into sanctions the day after?

Nailed on we will have breached FFP again. 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Nobody knows whether this is true either, just inklings and suggestions from journalists. At the end of the day, the EFL said they wanted this resolved before the end of the season, we wanted it resolved before the end of the season, and certainly didn't want to be fretting with 3 games left. So we shouldn't be annoyed that a timetable was put in place to get it all wrapped up.

I dread to think how long it might have taken had noone pushed to get it moving, whoever they were. I'll be dead at this rate before we hear anything.

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Yes it is lawful we have not broken the law

Probably been answered, so sorry if I'm repeating a question. 

Does FFP take into account parachute payments? If so, how can that be classed as 'fair'? You've got clubs with Prem wages coming down and basically give them a few years to smash the league whilst the rest 'live within their means'. 

Since FFP has come in, it's not stopped Bury go down the pan, Wigan and Macclesfield to struggle etc etc. So it's not stopping clubs going under or massive spending from happening, so what is it supposed to do? 

Not trying to make excuses for us - if we've broken the rules then that is that, but the rules seem bloody stupid anyway. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Probably been answered, so sorry if I'm repeating a question. 

Does FFP take into account parachute payments? If so, how can that be classed as 'fair'? You've got clubs with Prem wages coming down and basically give them a few years to smash the league whilst the rest 'live within their means'. 

Since FFP has come in, it's not stopped Bury go down the pan, Wigan and Macclesfield to struggle etc etc. So it's not stopping clubs going under or massive spending from happening, so what is it supposed to do? 

Not trying to make excuses for us - if we've broken the rules then that is that, but the rules seem bloody stupid anyway. 

The rules are reyt stupid.