THE EFL HEARING THREAD

46 minutes ago, Animis said:

Our accounts for 18/19 should be out this week - they were released 16th July last year, which presumably was the latest they could have been filed.

I assume this will be important in the general scheme of things, particularly if we are found not-guilty of the charges. Is it likely we'll be celebrating one day, then the EFL put us straight into sanctions the day after?

Our accounts for last year were very late & should have been filed by 30th April. This year's should have been filed by 30th April too but all companies have been granted a 3 month extension due to the coronavirus outbreak so our accounts should now be filed by 31st July.

22 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

The rules are reyt stupid.

The rules were brought in to protect football clubs and communities from wayward and errant owners. There’s nothing wrong with the rules and well over 90% of clubs stick to them. 

• Like 6

Just now, vulva said:

The rules were brought in to protect football clubs and communities from wayward and errant owners. There’s nothing wrong with the rules and well over 90% of clubs stick to them. 

There is a lot wrong with the rules - especially the parachute payments which are making the second division completely unfair. 

• Like 4

Just now, vulva said:

That’s the Premier League. 

I understand the point in the parachute payments, but whoever is paying them needs to significantly reduce them. The rules are also slanted towards the clubs that have come down, allowing them to make a 60m loss for three years - even though they also have massive amounts of cash handed to them to cope with coming down already. So the rules and the payments are stupid. As I said, reyt stupid. 

5 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Our accounts for last year were very late & should have been filed by 30th April. This year's should have been filed by 30th April too but all companies have been granted a 3 month extension due to the coronavirus outbreak so our accounts should now be filed by 31st July.

I thought we'd changed our accounting period to end of July ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daizan10 said:

I understand the point in the parachute payments, but whoever is paying them needs to significantly reduce them. The rules are also slanted towards the clubs that have come down, allowing them to make a 60m loss for three years - even though they also have massive amounts of cash handed to them to cope with coming down already. So the rules and the payments are stupid. As I said, reyt stupid. 

Reducing parachute payments would be turkeys voting for Christmas. The only change I would make would be to match FFP limits with the parachute payments. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, vulva said:

Agreed and taking into account the examples of Bury, Macclesfield, Bolton and Wigan, you’ve got to say the rules are working a treat.

• Like 3

We will stay up if we have a points deduction or not, i have confidence in the boys to pull through for the next 3 games and get some results. Ideally 9 points, but i think we will get 5. Draw with Huddersfield and Fulham, win against 'boro to stay up like we did in 2013. I just think the teams below us are too poor and in too much of a rut to have an effect on us, even if we do lose 12 points. 

All the best, god bless

SwintonLad99 x

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Agreed and taking into account the examples of Bury, Macclesfield, Bolton and Wigan, you’ve got to say the rules are working a treat.

Without the rules and governance there could well be another 40 Bury’s etc. 

The EFL and the rules aren’t the issue with football. It’s the foreign money chasing TV revenue that’s the issue. That’s driving the morals in this game and has left us with business devoid of any commonsense. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

We're the lowest scorers at home in the league and I think Huddersfield will be happy with a 0-0 draw. 

Strange how we're lowest scorers at home but highest scorers away.

Funny old game as Greaves use to say.  

6 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Strange how we're lowest scorers at home but highest scorers away.

Funny old game as Greaves use to say.  

shows we are a "counter attacking" team...doesn't really help at home....

When the onus is on us...We fall short...

I suggest "subterfuge"...Like them birds do to lead a predator away from the nest...Yer get yer central defender to "pretend" to limp while yer goalie "pretends" to have a fit or summat, to lead the oppos to advance on the font foot...then hit 'em wiv a counter attack...

Or..... camouflage..

.Wear the green kit at home and lay down....

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

Without the rules and governance there could well be another 40 Bury’s etc. 

The EFL and the rules aren’t the issue with football. It’s the foreign money chasing TV revenue that’s the issue. That’s driving the morals in this game and has left us with business devoid of any commonsense. 

OK, could be, but then how has FFP helped? 4 clubs mentioned above have still found themselves in trouble. 

The name of the regulations are Financial 'Fair' Play. What is fair about parachute payments giving clubs coming down a few free hits to get back to the Prem? 

The rules might not be the root of the problem, but what do they do? They don't seem particularly fair to teams without parachute payments, and they haven't stopped 1 club going to the wall and 3 others being in admin. 

Each Club to give a monthly update on profit and loss to the EFL, any Club found to be in breach of exceeding spending

limits, and in breach of FFP at any time during the Season would not be eligible for promotion in that Season, if they finish

in the top 6 then they are demoted to 7th place and further actions taken against said Club in close Season, ie, points

deduction / fine, this would deter Clubs trying to buy a place in the Premier League.

2 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

OK, could be, but then how has FFP helped? 4 clubs mentioned above have still found themselves in trouble. 

The name of the regulations are Financial 'Fair' Play. What is fair about parachute payments giving clubs coming down a few free hits to get back to the Prem? 

The rules might not be the root of the problem, but what do they do? They don't seem particularly fair to teams without parachute payments, and they haven't stopped 1 club going to the wall and 3 others being in admin. 

Why shouldn’t clubs go to the wall? Why should football, as a business, be a protected specie? It’s simple really, and wages are the main issue. Just don’t spent more than you bring in. And to encourage that, enforce a wage cap. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Man City, PSG, and the like can spend what they like and break the rules but they're still ok to do. Money is everything in football at the moment and it will continue like that unless by some miracle they make it a more level playing field.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

Each Club to give a monthly update on profit and loss to the EFL, any Club found to be in breach of exceeding spending

limits, and in breach of FFP at any time during the Season would not be eligible for promotion in that Season, if they finish

in the top 6 then they are demoted to 7th place and further actions taken against said Club in close Season, ie, points

deduction / fine, this would deter Clubs trying to buy a place in the Premier League.

Any companies accounts are based over the full year, monthly updates would not give a true figure.