THE EFL HEARING THREAD

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair it's been absolute years since we went to Wembley and a lot's happened since then

I think it would be very strange to judge a chairman's performance on a successful period years ago when the subsequent years have been 'rocky' and we've landed up in a mess.

Why Not!!!! That's how most on here judge Forestieri.

lol

8 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

For me the only reason he’s still putting money into the club is because it’s his business and he has no other choice. He’s the one that’s mismanaged the club in an appalling way and duh himself a huge huge hole. He’s the one that won’t listen to advice and has never had any long term plan or strategy for the club. It’s his reckless spending that left us with no wriggle room; all his own making. And remember when he always said he was spending money to avoid relegation to league one?

Why did he give all the staff 100% of their wages then when Furloughed. By furloughing them he proved the club could afford them. Easy saving that if he had wanted to.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Why did he give all the staff 100% of their wages then when Furloughed. 

Because quite simply he's a really nice person and a family man.

Yes he's a businessman and he's made mistakes at Sheffield Wednesday, but he's also a principled man with good intentions

I had absolutely no doubts he would look after our staff and he did.

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Why did he give all the staff 100% of their wages then when Furloughed. By furloughing them he proved the club could afford them. Easy saving that if he had wanted to.

Because for all his many faults as a football chairman so far, he's above all else honourable.

At least that's the impression I get.

• Like 1

as much as chansiri has got us into this mess he is the only one who can get us out of this mess, without him funding the club there wont be a club , if the efl get there way and send us down i really fear what will happen next , will there even be a league 1 and 2 next season? not without paying supporters there wont be . one thing we must not do is to hound him we need him more than ever if we go down . i hope we either get off or they give us 9points like brum and we do just enough to stop up. starting next season on minus points we might as well have it now. 

4 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Because for all his many faults as a football chairman so far, he's above all else honourable.

At least that's the impression I get.

Would you still class him as an honourable person if we are found guilty in all this? Would selling the ground at an inflated price and putting it in the wrong years accounts be classed as honourable?

• Thanks 1

There is no way that you can call SWFC a business.  The guy has pumped in so much money that even if we reach the prem he would not be likely to get the money back.  I don't get the impression he is doing it as a good business move, its more of a play thing but fair play to him it would be easy given the grief he has faced to just cut his losses and go enjoy his money elsewhere but I think he is a very honourable man and would see that as a be-trail.  

Given the alternative of Dave Allen calling fans cretins and taking legal action against innocent fans I will take Chansiri any day.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

as much as chansiri has got us into this mess he is the only one who can get us out of this mess, without him funding the club there wont be a club , if the efl get there way and send us down i really fear what will happen next , will there even be a league 1 and 2 next season? not without paying supporters there wont be . one thing we must not do is to hound him we need him more than ever if we go down . i hope we either get off or they give us 9points like brum and we do just enough to stop up. starting next season on minus points we might as well have it now. 

I just don’t see how we as fans could support him if it is his decisions that have relegated us to sh1tty league one. 

49 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

so because we apparently have an owner that always tries to spend his money, you sure he’s got much left by the way? We should just sit back while he makes decisions that will probably cost the club a place in the Championship. Very rich people are always on the look out for their next big business venture. 

Tell me one especially one that ain't dodgy 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I just don’t see how we as fans could support him if it is his decisions that have relegated us to sh1tty league one. 

I would gladly go into lge 1 if it meant some of our keyboard warriors on here would disappear

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would you still class him as an honourable person if we are found guilty in all this? Would selling the ground at an inflated price and putting it in the wrong years accounts be classed as honourable?

HMRC don't seem to have had an issue with it which seems strange to me.  There are two ways of doing accounting, Cash accounting and traditional accounting.  I am only guessing here but basically the difference is one is where you account for the money when the money comes in/goes out, the other is you account for it when you invoice or when you get and invoice.  

Both are valid accounting practices.   I would guess SWFC have used traditional accounting and so have put the sale in the year when it was invoiced rather than when the money was actually paid.  As far as HMRC would be concerned my understanding is that this is fine.   I think EFL have an issue because it is being used as a loophole and are throwing their toys out the pram cause its not in the spirit..

I could be wrong but that is my guess.  Im sure there is more complications to is.

• Like 1

Just now, catdog1121 said:

HMRC don't seem to have had an issue with it which seems strange to me.  There are two ways of doing accounting, Cash accounting and traditional accounting.  I am only guessing here but basically the difference is one is where you account for the money when the money comes in/goes out, the other is you account for it when you invoice or when you get and invoice.  

Both are valid accounting practices.   I would guess SWFC have used traditional accounting and so have put the sale in the year when it was invoiced rather than when the money was actually paid.  As far as HMRC would be concerned my understanding is that this is fine.   I think EFL have an issue because it is being used as a loophole and are throwing their toys out the pram cause its not in the spirit..

I could be wrong but that is my guess.  Im sure there is more complications to is.

I have no idea about accounting but that sounds understandable to an ordinary ignorant person like me

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

From Championship twitter Feed 

Tonight regrettably. The @EFL have tonight informed #swfc @swfc that the commission has to decides in they broke rule 5 E1,3 over financial fair play and will immediately be docked 17 points and 2 points for breaking rule 4.2.  No further comment will be made at this time.

It's a parody account mate and they write like a 9 year old off his head on spice

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop