THE EFL HEARING THREAD

13 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

What a bunch of fu**in hindsight hypocrites we've got in our 'fan' base. If he'd have pulled it off you'd be amongst all the others shouting his name from the rooftops.

To be fair it's been absolute years since we went to Wembley and a lot's happened since then

I think it would be very strange to judge a chairman's performance on a successful period years ago when the subsequent years have been 'rocky' and we've landed up in a mess.

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

To be fair it's been absolute years since we went to Wembley and a lot's happened since then

I think it would be very strange to judge a chairman's performance on a successful period years ago when the subsequent years have been 'rocky' and we've landed up in a mess.

Don't worry Neil, their day trip to London will sustain them for at least another 2/3 years yet

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Bit of a thin argument to be fair Mr Hypocrite.

If they HADN'T been promoted they would have been royally fu**ed.

To be replaced by?????

ha ha name calling because someone doesn’t agree with your opinion. Got to love it. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Guest Ronson
1 minute ago, peter f goulty said:

After this I'd want thee gone, I hope there is no racial element here !

How can you construe any racial element in that post, you've got me interested.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really thought he would take notice of me. How disappointing. Then again didnt he say it was the fans that made him sign Rhodes, so you never know :tango:

And who would you recommend pays £100,000000 fof the privaledge  of owning us. 

We've got an owner who's got the money and always tries his best to spend it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Yeah. The toe rag who tried to spend his own money to get us promoted in exactly the same way as Wolves did.

Assume you will be one of the hundreds of billionaires queuing down Penistone road to throw money at us if he did leave.

What a bunch of fu**in hindsight hypocrites we've got in our 'fan' base. If he'd have pulled it off you'd be amongst all the others shouting his name from the rooftops.

Absolutely 

Just now, akbuk said:

And who would you recommend pays £100,000000 fof the privaledge  of owning us. 

We've got an owner who's got the money and always tries his best to spend it. 

so because we apparently have an owner that always tries to spend his money, you sure he’s got much left by the way? We should just sit back while he makes decisions that will probably cost the club a place in the Championship. Very rich people are always on the look out for their next big business venture. 

Guest Ronson
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

so because we apparently have an owner that always tries to spend his money, you sure he’s got much left by the way? We should just sit back while he makes decisions that will probably cost the club a place in the Championship. Very rich people are always on the look out for their next big business venture. 

Yeah, we've seen how big the queue was before didn't we.

25 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Yeah. The toe rag who tried to spend his own money to get us promoted in exactly the same way as Wolves did.

Assume you will be one of the hundreds of billionaires queuing down Penistone road to throw money at us if he did leave.

Absolute garbage 

• Like 1

Guest Ronson
Just now, WalthamOwl said:

how do you know how big the queue was? 

Well, I remember Mammadov and Sheard being in the queue, and that American consortium, can't remember their name now so I reckon 3.

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

On what planet is Sheffield Wednesday the "next big business venture." 

Football is a rich man's play thing. Very few get involved to make loads of cash out of it at the end, bar the Milan's of this world. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

On what planet is Sheffield Wednesday the "next big business venture." 

Football is a rich man's play thing. Very few get involved to make loads of cash out of it at the end, bar the Milan's of this world. 

that’s the spirit SiJ. Maybe we can be a play thing for a multi billionaire then. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Guest struckanerve
3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

that’s the spirit SiJ. Maybe we can be a play thing for a multi billionaire then. 

Knowing our luck it would be Jeffrey Epstein.

Guest Ronson
Just now, WalthamOwl said:

perhaps there where others behind the scenes. We don’t know. 

Do you think Milan kept hold of us as a philanthropic gesture whilst he had a queue of buyers waiting to splash the cash? Are you serious?