THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I’ve got a lot of time for the owner, but he will take full responsibility (as he should) for any guilty verdict or FFP in general ,  so the ones coming on here spouting stories to defend him or exonerate him of blame are just either on the wind up or plain daft to be honest 

I'm not convinced he will, this will go all the way to Court of Arbritration for Sport. Wonder what happens to a points deduction if there are appeals!

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

I'm not convinced he will, this will go all the way to Court of Arbritration for Sport. Wonder what happens to a points deduction if there are appeals!

Never said he wouldn’t do anything possible to avoid a deduction, but he will 100% take the blame for the whole issue 

If there’s a process there to be used , I’d imagine he will use it

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You can already see what's coming just from reading this thread..

Fan vs Fan

How sad.

It’s an opinion based forum and the majority of us are just speculating right now. If results were going well I think more fans would be more together.

So long as the fan vs fan thing doesn’t turn nasty then healthy debate is good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I’ve got a lot of time for the owner, but he will take full responsibility (as he should) for any guilty verdict or FFP in general ,  so the ones coming on here spouting stories to defend him or exonerate him of blame are just either on the wind up or plain daft to be honest 

I don't doubt he is well intentioned but then again isn't that the road to hell?

Trouble is he is proud, arrogant and naive. For Wednesday that is a very dangerous combination.

• Like 1

Just now, Swiss Toni said:

It’s an opinion based forum and the majority of us are just speculating right now. If results were going well I think more fans would be more together.

So long as the fan vs fan thing doesn’t turn nasty then healthy debate is good.

Agreed 

It's just disappointing to see name calling and mocking creeping in

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

I don't doubt he is well intentioned but then again isn't that the road to hell?

Trouble is he is proud, arrogant and naive. For Wednesday that is a very dangerous combination.

Proud, maybe arrogant and maybe naive ,  but I do still think he has the clubs best intentions at heart though accepts what he can and can’t achieve here now 

I’ve always said I think there will be a statement about his intentions at the end of this case, and I still think there will be 

not too fussed what ever the outcome  Just as long as its the end of the matter and we can start again from scratch  . ...we are a big enough club to overcome  a year or two  in the 3rd divison while we rebuild on hopefully on a more  solid business plan 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

That’s not entirely true is it, I for one when we were 90 minutes form the premier league with a squad and the biggest player wage bill we have ever had, backed him to the hilt !!!   Ok it didn’t pay off but since then Mr Chansiri has done and doing everything he can to get us promoted.  I know I’m not alone, Chansiri has my backing 100%.  UTO 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Proud, maybe arrogant and maybe naive ,  but I do still think he has the clubs best intentions at heart though accepts what he can and can’t achieve here now 

I’ve always said I think there will be a statement about his intentions at the end of this case, and I still think there will be 

Problem is, he should have changed track after the first embargo to get us back on acceptable financial terms as far as the league were concerned,  but instead has tried every trick going to get round the rules. It's the EFL's reaction to that which is going to be the problem. 

Sooner or later they are going to throw the book at someone. It could easily be us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kevtheowl said:

That’s not entirely true is it, I for one when we were 90 minutes form the premier league with a squad and the biggest player wage bill we have ever had, backed him to the hilt !!!   Ok it didn’t pay off but since then Mr Chansiri has done and doing everything he can to get us promoted.  I know I’m not alone, Chansiri has my backing 100%.  UTO 

Maybe my post was misleading , wasn’t saying don’t back the owner , but don’t try and defend him against a situation in FFP that’s Ultimately his responsibility and he fine well knows it and accepts it 

4 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

Lets have it right the shocking and bizarre decisions, the utter recklessness, total lack of strategy and mismanagement really started after full time of the playoff final. 

• Like 3

Sorry but he broke the financial rules and got us embargoed. Next season more of the same and another embargo, now another season we have this tribunal.

That is not the sign of a man who deserves our backing, it's the sign of someone who risks everything to get his own way regardless of the cost, not just to him but others as well.

He's had plenty of chances to change his ways and run the club responsibly but for some reason just won't do it.

How anyone can continue to back him is beyond me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, kevtheowl said:

he as mine as well but that don't mean he's not fecked up big time …..if he's learned from whats happened and still happy to put the money into the club within the confines of FFP then long may he continue …..

Just now, Utah Owl said:

Sorry but he broke the financial rules and got us embargoed. Next season more of the same and another embargo, now another season we have this tribunal.

That is not the sign of a man who deserves our backing, it's the sign of someone who risks everything to get his own way regardless of the cost, not just to him but others as well.

He's had plenty of chances to change his ways and run the club responsibly but for some reason just won't do it.

Amen

no point arguing though as for some they’ll defend him no matter what. I find it utterly bizarre 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bazapeps said:

Lets have it right the shocking and bizarre decisions, the utter recklessness, total lack of strategy and mismanagement really started after full time of the playoff final. 

That’s miss guidance, his heart is with Wednesday and he wants the best for us.  UTO 

That’s miss guidance, his heart is with Wednesday and he wants the best for us.  UTO 

Miss guidance? The blokes been here 5.5 years. At what point does he have to start taking responsibility? Literally unbelievable 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Very harsh mate, hook or by crook he wants the very best for us  UTO 

• Like 3