THE EFL HEARING THREAD

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Maybe cut a bit of slack (or "spread love") for the guy who's spent fortunes trying to achieve what everyone was screaming for.

Wonder how many of them have already forgotten DCs attitude to refunds after trousering the cash and how any of the would be replacements they demand would have handled it.

A lot more cynically than DC did you can bet.

it’s not about him spending fortunes it’s about him selling the ground to himself and putting the sale in the wrong years accounts that most probably will result in us being relegated this year. 

• Like 1

I hope we get found not guilty.

However if we are found guilty and a points deduction is given then I blame DC, none if this EFL blame game, DC is in charge he makes the decisions.

If we do get a points deduction its shameful, its basically saying you tried to cheat and got caught and it's not what our club should be about.

If we end up in league one it's over, Fans will be massively split, DC and Monk will be under huge pressure, abuse will follow all while them lot are riding high in the premiership which makes it 100 times worse!

• Like 2

Just now, jonnyowl said:

I hope we get found not guilty.

However if we are found guilty and a points deduction is given then I blame DC, none if this EFL blame game, DC is in charge he makes the decisions.

If we do get a points deduction its shameful, its basically saying you tried to cheat and got caught and it's not what our club should be about.

If we end up in league one it's over, Fans will be massively split, DC and Monk will be under huge pressure, abuse will follow all while them lot are riding high in the premiership which makes it 100 times worse!

100% how I feel about it all. 

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Running finances at a football club with a rod of iron will result in what though ?  

Club ticking over in league one at a guess 

If that's what it takes then fair enough. How long do you think the EFL will put up with clubs continually breaching FFP rules and effectively just giving them a slap on the wrist?

In the pst clubs have suffered massive point deductions for rule breaches regarding financial impropriety (weren't Luton docked something like 30 points 10 years or so back which saw them effectively relegated from the EFL) and in some cases even been expelled.

Guest struckanerve
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You can already see what's coming just from reading this thread..

Fan vs Fan

How sad.

Indeed, anyone keeping count how many 'get thi sen to the lane' we've had so far?

2 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

If that's what it takes then fair enough. How long do you think the EFL will put up with clubs continually breaching FFP rules and effectively just giving them a slap on the wrist?

In the pst clubs have suffered massive point deductions for rule breaches regarding financial impropriety (weren't Luton docked something like 30 points 10 years or so back which saw them effectively relegated from the EFL) and in some cases even been expelled.

I honestly don’t know mate, what I suspect , is that FFP gets scrapped and football carry’s on its murky ways 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Fan vs Fan

How sad.

It is very sad, but some fans just want us to continue gambling by spaffing money (albeit with a new owner) as if that solves the problem. It doesn't. The only thing that solves the problem is running the club properly which in fairness is what 90% of owners are currently failing to do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fan vs Fan

How sad.

I really don't understand why. If we are punished, there can be no question where the blame lies surely? Even if we get away with it, it should never have come to such a shabby and dangerous gamble.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Calling it now 

IF we do go down 

Rhodes scores over 20 goals next season and is the leagues top scorer 

But probably for another team!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Don't suppose you would like to elaborate !!

Like a lot more, know how to rip things down, absolute clueless in what takes it place.

It’s all been said before. I could write for hours but after a long day I really can’t be bothered. And in reality is their and point trying because the chansiri @rse lickers for some reason won’t ever accept criticism of him. He could be a mass murderer but he’d still be great because he’s spent money.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

I really don't understand why. If we are punished, there can be no question where the blame lies surely? Even if we get away with it, it should never have come to such a shabby and dangerous gamble.

I’ve got a lot of time for the owner, but he will take full responsibility (as he should) for any guilty verdict or FFP in general ,  so the ones coming on here spouting stories to defend him or exonerate him of blame are just either on the wind up or plain daft to be honest