THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Just now, Ronson said:

Do you think Milan kept hold of us as a philanthropic gesture whilst he had a queue of buyers waiting to splash the cash? Are you serious?  

No, he waited until someone was rich enough to meeting his asking price. 

Worth remembering that he nearly sold us to that Mammadov chap who ended up being a complete fraud if memory serves me correct. 

• Like 1

Guest Ronson
Just now, SiJ said:

Chansiri won't be going anywhere. 

Who in the current climate is going to cough up hundreds of millions to take this shower of sh*t over? 

There's a queue apparently.

Guest Ronson
Just now, SiJ said:

No, he waited until someone was rich enough to meeting his asking price. 

Worth remembering that he nearly sold us to that Mammadov chap who ended up being a complete fraud if memory serves me correct. 

I've already mentioned Mammadov

Guest Ronson
1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Sorry, I didn't realise we had a quota on how many times we could mention him. 

Apology accepted, don't do it again.😀

Guest Ronson
2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

the thing is I never said there was. I don’t know and you don’t know. 

I know.

21 hours ago, York_Owl said:

If that’s right it looks like they want us charged before the season finishes. As in hit us with a points deduction. Feels like they’ve got us in their sights now.

I’d suggest it’s to make sure there is a definitive conclusion before the season ends whether it’s in our favour or not. 
No other reason

• Like 1

Just now, Ronson said:

Who were the Americans who tried to buy us? Cloud nine or something? My memory. 

Yeah, it was Cloud Nine, though that was during the Strafford era. 

They had some guy called er Joe? who came on here and argue with us. 

Guest Ronson
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Don't you remember Billsaja on here? 

It was mentalist on this forum back then when all the prospective buyers were fighting in the topics

lol

Probably  prior to me reading OT to be honest although I have been reading for a few years. Can't remember the American consortium, was it cloud nine?

.Some will just never take to Chansiri. His stubbornness has certainly not helped his cause. Bit of a culture clash there. I personally remain impressed by his willingness to keep pumping money into the club. I became more enamoured of him when he launched his fag and had a go at the tool spouting off at him behind the south stand. We've paid dearly for not getting promotion those first seasons. Then that terrible injury season, embargo and all that's followed. 

The EFL rules left us with no wriggle room. We can see this off and rise again, no doubt. Don't get too down.

Chansiri is not perfect but while ever he's putting money in, in this current climate, I'm backing him.

• Like 3

Just now, Ronson said:

Probably  prior to me reading OT to be honest although I have been reading for a few years. Can't remember the American consortium, was it cloud nine?

You missed a right treat

It was total carnage

All the prospective buyers battling it out getting all angrymad at each other

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, TommyCraig said:

.Some will just never take to Chansiri. His stubbornness has certainly not helped his cause. Bit of a culture clash there. I personally remain impressed by his willingness to keep pumping money into the club. I became more enamoured of him when he launched his fag and had a go at the tool spouting off at him behind the south stand. We've paid dearly for not getting promotion those first seasons. Then that terrible injury season, embargo and all that's followed. 

The EFL rules left us with no wriggle room. We can see this off and rise again, no doubt. Don't get too down.

Chansiri is not perfect but while ever he's putting money in, in this current climate, I'm backing him.

I think that's a lovely post, written in the right spirit, and with the right sentiment

In a world where everyone is just so ANGRYMAD all the time it's refreshing to read a calm measured intelligent approach

Good post and I agree with it 100%

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

For me the only reason he’s still putting money into the club is because it’s his business and he has no other choice. He’s the one that’s mismanaged the club in an appalling way and duh himself a huge huge hole. He’s the one that won’t listen to advice and has never had any long term plan or strategy for the club. It’s his reckless spending that left us with no wriggle room; all his own making. And remember when he always said he was spending money to avoid relegation to league one?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

that is a nice post. However if we where to get relegated because over the whole season we haven’t been good enough that’s one thing but if we go down because of decisions DC has made that’s a different matter imo. I don’t see how people could be so forgiving with that. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 2