THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

From Championship twitter Feed 

Tonight regrettably. The @EFL have tonight informed #swfc @swfc that the commission has to decides in they broke rule 5 E1,3 over financial fair play and will immediately be docked 17 points and 2 points for breaking rule 4.2.  No further comment will be made at this time.

Do they get docked points for spelling mistakes?

Guest Theboylangers

From Championship twitter Feed 

Tonight regrettably. The @EFL have tonight informed #swfc @swfc that the commission has to decides in they broke rule 5 E1,3 over financial fair play and will immediately be docked 17 points and 2 points for breaking rule 4.2.  No further comment will be made at this time.

Thank goodness for that. 

I was proper confused by the first comment. 

Does this mean we are doomed? 

oh testicles I’ll delete 

I was trying to find it but yeah look at the spelling of official   "Offical"

Twitter really should ban these sorts of accounts that are clearly trying to imitation companies people or organisations.

• Like 1

Guest struckanerve
12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's a parody account mate and they write like a 9 year old off his head on spice

My first thought was it's a parody, then I saw the spelling and started to panic.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Don't worry Neil, their day trip to London will sustain them for at least another 2/3 years yet

Talking about how 'near we were' in relation to Wolves who achieved the same ambition by spending big.

Nothing to do with "a day trip to London".  

By the way, who's "Their", as in "day trip".  Assume you didn't go then? 

7 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

DC will not sell the ground to anyone else and would sell both the ground and the club as a package if he chooses to

He’d also sell the ground to whoever he wanted IF he chooses to,  steady on making statements that sound as if your the chairman’s spokesperson 

10 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

You should be used to it by now. The season they changed 2 points for a win to 3, we missed out on promotion, the old system would have seen us promoted. We qualify for Europe and Liverpool have prevented us because of the ban, then we did it again, and even, again. Swindon Town were prevented from promotion and, even though there was a precedent that should have seen us staying up, they promoted Sunderland who finished 7th in the second division. In the sixties we had 3 players jailed, yes, jailed and banned for life for something that in recent times would have been a slap on the wrist.  We managed to get relegated from the PL just before they introduced parachute payments. We even managed to rescue a french players career for two other clubs to win the league with him starring.

Nice to see you're not bitter about it though! lol

7 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Talking about how 'near we were' in relation to Wolves who achieved the same ambition by spending big.

Nothing to do with "a day trip to London".  

By the way, who's "Their", as in "day trip".  Assume you didn't go then

No, I had a Saturday exam 

37 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I just don’t see how we as fans could support him if it is his decisions that have relegated us to sh1tty league one. 

because if he pulls out ,the upto 20 million a season will be gone what he invests in us ,who would take us over in league 1? and pay that per season? and would there be a league 1 next season without supporters? i think not , tv money in league 1 is very low , no match income and then having to pay for tests etc means no league 1 and 2 unless some fairy comes and pays all the wages and bills.  we just cant go down or the situation is dire. if he sells up in future to someone what knows what there doing regards running a football club then ok , but there are much worse owners out there , charlton , hull just an example. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's Tuesday night

9pm

Everyone should be chilling out ready to relax and go to bed later

Everyone's soooooooo angry

Chill out everyone

We're all Wednesday fans here

Spread love not anger x

Maybe cut a bit of slack (or "spread love") for the guy who's spent fortunes trying to achieve what everyone was screaming for.

Wonder how many of them have already forgotten DCs attitude to refunds after trousering the cash and how any of the would be replacements they demand would have handled it.

A lot more cynically than DC did you can bet.

• Like 1

Just now, handworth52 said:

because if he pulls out ,the upto 20 million a season will be gone what he invests in us ,who would take us over in league 1? and pay that per season? and would there be a league 1 next season without supporters? i think not , tv money in league 1 is very low , no match income and then having to pay for tests etc means no league 1 and 2 unless some fairy comes and pays all the wages and bills.  we just cant go down or the situation is dire. if he sells up in future to someone what knows what there doing regards running a football club then ok , but there are much worse owners out there , charlton , hull just an example. 

It's putting 20+million a year in that has got us in this position in the first place!

We need someone who will run the finances with a rod of iron, if we don't, then inevitably sooner or later we will go bust.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

It's putting 20+million a year in that has got us in this position in the first place!

We need someone who will run the finances with a rod of iron, if we don't, then inevitably sooner or later we will go bust.

Running finances at a football club with a rod of iron will result in what though ?  

Club ticking over in league one at a guess