THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Ronson

Sounds like the mob is baying for blood and they'll not rest until their thirst is quenched. I'm thinking 9 points could satisfy the mob, give us a fighting chance and get the EFL off the hook. Whilst 12 points, with our run in will probably relegate us. Whatever happens it'll be good to get it sorted, been going on for way too long now.

1 minute ago, Ronson said:

Sounds like the mob is baying for blood and they'll not rest until their thirst is quenched. I'm thinking 9 points could satisfy the mob, give us a fighting chance and get the EFL off the hook. Whilst 12 points, with our run in will probably relegate us. Whatever happens it'll be good to get it sorted, been going on for way too long now.

We've had a 12 point deduction already with the refs we've had this season.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Littleowl74 said:

Why don’t the EFL tell these rival clubs that are pushing for it to be brought forward that they are in charge and will be sticking to the date they have already set. 

I don't think the rival clubs have pushed for it to be brought forward? Where did you read that?

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

To be fair, the league really should have shown more urgency to start with given the ramifications, but having decided to delay it's strange that they've allowed their order of business to be dictated by a few clubs.

Is it because Middlesbrough are just outside the bottom three? 🤔

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1

Guest Ronson
1 minute ago, Dronfield Blue said:

We've had a 12 point deduction already with the refs we've had this season.

Thinking about it that could be a defence, just tell them Monk knew it was coming so decided to throw a few points away so the deductions already complete.

Just now, Ronson said:

Thinking about it that could be a defence, just tell them Monk knew it was coming so decided to throw a few points away so the deductions already complete.

Looking at Monk's substitutions on Saturday (that somehow worked out) I thought he was still trying to throw points away.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't think the rival clubs have pushed for it to be brought forward? Where did you read that?

From the article:

“Wednesday's battle with the EFL over charges of breaching Profitability & Sustainability rules is being heard by an independent disciplinary commission this week, after the dispute was brought forward following complaints from a number of rival clubs.”

• Haha 1

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

I wonder if Bournemouth and Villa will be dealt with accordingly? Both have suspended charges from the EFL hanging over them like the sword of Damocles.

I’m fairly certain that this is a bit of coup triggered by the relegation threatened clubs directly below us.