THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest AndyOwl
2 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

What exactly has Monk done wrong?

What on earth has he done right?! 

Negative tactics, plenty of one up front at home against teams we should have been easily beating and then failed to do so (if we're doing well he'll usually change it round so we are worse.). Poor team selections, ostracised players who we really could have done with playing, brought in very average loans, (then doesn't even really use them). 

He talks utter garbage in post match press conferences and pre match ones, often blasts players rather than taking blame himself.

Has a worse win rate than Bullen, Jos, CC, Bruce. 

Why do people like this guy and trust him to build a squad, he's already destroyed the one we had. 

Is this actually true that we could have points deducted? First I heard all this and what's all this I'm reading about EFL is it because we have billionaires and they are jealous?

Just now, AndyOwl said:

Negative tactics, plenty of one up front at home against teams we should have been easily beating and then failed to do so (if we're doing well he'll usually change it round so we are worse.). Poor team selections, ostracised players who we really could have done with playing, brought in very average loans, (then doesn't even really use them). 

He talks utter garbage in post match press conferences and pre match ones, often blasts players rather than taking blame himself.

Why do people like this guy and trust him to build a squad, he's already destroyed the one we had. 

What squad , a group of ageing crocks, like Monk or not he certainly has not destroyed a squad that was already wrecked.

Guest AndyOwl
5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Either a piggy or a very silly boy.

Let me know when you've decided what you are 👍

Guest AndyOwl
Just now, Asio otus said:

What squad , a group of ageing crocks, like Monk or not he certainly has not destroyed a squad that was already wrecked.

The aging crocks that Bruce had capable of beating and team in the division and most fans believing if we'd had more time would have easily been in the playoffs and were really looking forward to this season...

Monks come in and completely wrecked the squad spirit and now half the teams gone for nowt. We won't have tuppence to buy new players with FFP. 

If all the evidence was heard three days ago, I’m pretty certain the panel will have made up their mind by now Possibly looking at the legal ramifications of any penalties imposed. If we were found not guilty, I think it would have been announced by now A guilty verdict, and a severe penalty would no doubt be challenged by Wednesday, thus delaying preparation for next season Perhaps all parties are searching for a compromise

1 hour ago, oldtawnyowl said:

It was reported, a week or so ago, that if the EFL charges were not concluded "to the satisfaction of Barnsley FC" then Paul Conway would take legal action against the EFL.

Paul Conway, Things didn't go to well for him when he took Nestle to court re the number of fingers in a Kit Kat not only did the court block Conway and his wish to increase the number of fingers to six. The court rule to increase Nestle profitability by reducing the number of fingers in a Kit Kat to four. The ultimate insult for Conway came when Nestle introduced the single fingered Kit Kat.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
  • Haha 4

Guest AndyOwl
1 minute ago, William 1867 said:

Where do you want us to start. Poor team selections, bizarre subs, dross football, not playing best defensive midfielder and goal keeper. Just to start with.

Right on, this that think we are playing well under Monk must be registered blind, even when we were winning our football was awful and it was mere luck. 

2 minutes ago, jimbob 13 said:

On Wednesday afternoon and Thursday our sports lawyer was hosting an online forum for potential new sports lawyers, so his work was done early doors

Yes I saw that, I’m certain our fate has been decided

3 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

Where do you want us to start. Poor team selections, bizarre subs, dross football, not playing best defensive midfielder and goal keeper. Just to start with.

All wrong:

Team selections were reasonable for each opposition but they are all well past their best now.

Best defensive midfielder and goalkeeper didn't want to do what Monk asked them to do.

Subs were the best that he had available but they didn't perform.

Game against Forest showed some really excellent football (watch our goal again)

Monk has had a bunch of 2016 play off final players at the end of their careers. Their legs have gone. We have no real strength or genuine pace. He couldn't bring in any decent players in January. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimbob 13 said:

On Wednesday afternoon and Thursday our sports lawyer was hosting an online forum for potential new sports lawyers, so his work was done early doors

He also did a banana and toffee cheesecake on Instagram.

I think he’s bribing the EFL with cakes and we’ll be fine.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, steelowl said:

only someone looking to have a pop at just anything would get that from what i posted 

hey fill yer boots 

Eh? I was just trying to lighten the mood like you asked! Blimey its like being at home, can't do right for doing wrong! 

😄

Will everyone just lighten the eff up please !

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AndyOwl said:

Because he's inherited a very old squad which had a go in 2016 and lost...he's not been able to bring in any new players. Everyone's 'win rate' dropped after that...it's been a downward trend for everyone. It all depends on how we fare in the EFL hearing. If we escape punishment we can sign players. If we don't he has what he's got. He's inherited this mess...it really isn't his mess. Hutch and Westwood were in open revolt and were bad apples...they had to go.

• Like 2