ADTHE NUHIU - All posts on Nuhiu in this thread

13 minutes ago, Jim said:

If we let every forward go then we’re left with Rhodes. We’d probably be looking to sign around 3 strikers and as we know they are the games most expensive commodity.

If we keep Rhodes which we may or may not be able to do, one of the strikers we sign has to be a target man to play alongside him.

The club may feel it’s more cost effective to keep either Fletcher or Nuhiu. So the question is who would you keep a player who on his day is by far our best forward but ageing and injury prone or younger player not by much granted but one that would probably cost less wages, generally fit and available and even though is not so much of a goal threat is an effective player particularly when used from the bench?

Difficult choice but I think the club will go with Nuhiu?

If we keep him it shows the ambition or lack of it from the club. He has had chance after chance and has only had one good half season in the 7 he has been here. The good half season was when he was playing for a new deal so make of that what you will.

He’s spent all of his prime years as a footballer with Wednesday when he will have had many chances to go elsewhere. He’s always been fit and 100% committed to play when given the shirt, more than can be said for many of the current squad and players before him. Not sure how many managers we’ve had while he’s been here but all of them have seen value in him, particularly in the dressing room he’s everyone’s favourite. Whatever your opinion on him he has to be respected for the way he’s served our club. Personally unsure about a new deal. If Fletcher, Nando, Wickham etc aren’t here next season then we may have to with P&S constraints.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

If we keep him it shows the ambition or lack of it from the club. He has had chance after chance and has only had one good half season in the 7 he has been here. The good half season was when he was playing for a new deal so make of that what you will.

I think it depends on a lot of factors not least what Division we’re going to be in next season. I think Nuhiu is more likely to want to play for the club in League 1 than Fletcher? Financially we’re not going to be in a position to spend that type of money to revamp the squad that is necessary whatever division we’re in and that’s not because I think the chairman’s skint, it’s because the rules prevent him from spending his money in the way he would like?

Nobody really knows how much the chairman is worth but if you’re buying a club for your very young son which the chairman effectively did then you’ve got a lot of money and I think we would’ve seen continued investment in the club over the last two years from him but haven’t because of the EFL. If we were ever to get promoted under this chairman, I really do think this club would change dramatically?

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think it depends on a lot of factors not least what Division we’re going to be in next season. I think Nuhiu is more likely to want to play for the club in League 1 than Fletcher? Financially we’re not going to be in a position to spend that type of money to revamp the squad that is necessary whatever division we’re in and that’s not because I think the chairman’s skint, it’s because the rules prevent him from spending his money in the way he would like?

Nobody really knows how much the chairman is worth but if you’re buying a club for your very young son which the chairman effectively did then you’ve got a lot of money and I think we would’ve seen continued investment in the club over the last two years from him but haven’t because of the EFL. If we were ever to get promoted under this chairman, I really do think this club would change dramatically?

Whether we are playing in the Championship (which we will be) or League 1 Nuhiu has had his time and needs to move on. He will offer nothing and I would much rather see a youngster get a chance than persevering with what we know is a failure. 

7 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Whether we are playing in the Championship (which we will be) or League 1 Nuhiu has had his time and needs to move on. He will offer nothing and I would much rather see a youngster get a chance than persevering with what we know is a failure. 

I’m not arguing with you. I agree with what you’re saying to a large extent. To bring in 3 replacement forwards of a decent standard is going to cost us the type of money that I don’t think we’ll be able to spend. It would help if we had a promising forward or 2 coming through?

We seem to have goalkeeper’s, defenders and midfielders coming through but no forwards apart from maybe John O’Briens lad?

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1

We can't afford to waste money on a player that is not good enough to start games.

How is it wise to spend money on someone who is only useful for 10-15 minutes now and again. 

His supporters will say but he's cheap. I bet if you work out his wages per minute played he's not going to be that cheap.

He's never been a regular starter under the 6 managers and 7 years he's played under here. All of them realised we needed better.

Our record when he starts games is woeful. In the last 2 seasons he has started 26 games in which we won 6.

I would rather spend the money on a young forward with potential from league 1 or 2. Surely there must be a better option to be found.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

We can't afford to waste money on a player that is not good enough to start games.

How is it wise to spend money on someone who is only useful for 10-15 minutes now and again. 

His supporters will say but he's cheap. I bet if you work out his wages per minute played he's not going to be that cheap.

He's never been a regular starter under the 6 managers and 7 years he's played under here. All of them realised we needed better.

Our record when he starts games is woeful. In the last 2 seasons he has started 26 games in which we won 6.

I would rather spend the money on a young forward with potential from league 1 or 2. Surely there must be a better option to be found.

Agree, appears to be a nice bloke to have around, but never been a fan of his footballing ability.  

I accept he's had an impact occassionally as a sub, a purple patch over a couple of months to earn his last contract, but averaging 6 goals a season for us over his career is not good enough. 

Whether he's cheap or not (and I dont think he's that cheap) time to let go of the past and look to the future.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, striker said:

Agree, appears to be a nice bloke to have around, but never been a fan of his footballing ability.  

I accept he's had an impact occassionally as a sub, a purple patch over a couple of months to earn his last contract, but averaging 6 goals a season for us over his career is not good enough. 

Whether he's cheap or not (and I dont think he's that cheap) time to let go of the past and look to the future.

Pretty much spot on

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gizowl said:

Think I wrote I would have him in my squad but some of you think theirs a que of quality strikers waiting to join us, Aguero and Salah are on their way as soon as the season ends. LOL.

WAKEY WAKEY

I'll carry on sleeping if you get your way ta 

• Like 1

On 22/06/2020 at 11:17, the monk said:

Think I wrote I would have him in my squad but some of you think theirs a que of quality strikers waiting to join us, Aguero and Salah are on their way as soon as the season ends. LOL.

Think I would rather him go than have him in the squad full stop. He is a proven failure at this level and we could blood youngsters as they would want to prove their worth to the team and club. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Think I would rather him go than have him in the squad full stop. He is a proven failure at this level and we could blood youngsters as they would want to prove their worth to the team and club. 

Disgusting, sickening and almost criminal comments on a club legend.

• Haha 1

Guest gizowl
3 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Quick stats (also posted in FF thread)

FF 

Signed 2015 for £3m. Assume £15k pw for first season. £25k for next 4

Total cost wages c. £6m. Total cost with transfer fee £9m

Goals. 40 (all comps)

Atdhe Nuhiu

Signed 2015 - free. Assume £15k pw for 7 seasons (possibly less in reality) 

Total cost wages c. £5.5m. Total cost with transfer fee £5.5m

Goals. 47 (all comps)

PS. I think it likely that both are leaving. Time for a re-boot. (and I like the big man)

We will need him next season, best case scenario for when we're playing Sunderland and Posh or for when we play Chesterfield and Wrexham. 

3 hours ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Quick stats (also posted in FF thread)

FF 

Signed 2015 for £3m. Assume £15k pw for first season. £25k for next 4

Total cost wages c. £6m. Total cost with transfer fee £9m

Goals. 40 (all comps)

Atdhe Nuhiu

Signed 2015 - free. Assume £15k pw for 7 seasons (possibly less in reality) 

Total cost wages c. £5.5m. Total cost with transfer fee £5.5m

Goals. 47 (all comps)

PS. I think it likely that both are leaving. Time for a re-boot. (and I like the big man)

You reckon Forestieri came here to be on the same money as Nuhiu !?

I've no inside knowledge, but I'd be astonished if that was the case.

• Like 1