The striker situation

Courtesy of Covid, we don't even know if or when this season will finish, let alone the next season starting. If a second wave happens fairly quickly there could be no professional football of any meaningful description for several seasons.

Until that situation resolves anything is pointless speculation.

10 hours ago, room0035 said:

Instead of paying silly money for Taylor why not spend a couple of grand a week on Brett Pitman a free at the end of the season only 32 and has a good scoring record in all leagues. he has a 1 in 3 record across his career and has a lot of experience of the championship for me would be a better squad striker option and who not cost a great deal.

Sooner sign richard pitman!!! Could he do a job

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 03/06/2020 at 08:47, We are all Wednesday said:

Mellor didn’t score 20 in a season for us did he? Saw this in The Star recently too and didn’t ring true then... Wasn’t Steve MacLean the last person to score 20 in a season for us?

Yes he did but some game in the Johnstones Paint rounduns so don’t really count. Think Maclean was the last one to get 20 league goals in a season.

Southampton are prepared to let Che Adams leave, but won’t sanction a loan. A lot on here were suggesting a reunion with Monk, perhaps recreating the sort of pairing used by the manager at Birmingham. I would imagine they will want more than we paid for Rhodes, so I think we can rule that one out

If Boro sign Lyle Taylor, will any of Assombalonga, Gestede or Fletcher become available? Monk signed Fletcher when he was there, and tried to take him to Leeds as well. Problem is, would Boro deal with us?

11 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Yes he did but some game in the Johnstones Paint rounduns so don’t really count. Think Maclean was the last one to get 20 league goals in a season.

MacLean only scored 18 league goals, the others came in cup games

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

If Boro sign Lyle Taylor, will any of Assombalonga, Gestede or Fletcher become available? Monk signed Fletcher when he was there, and tried to take him to Leeds as well. Problem is, would Boro deal with us?

Taylor won't go to Boro, he'll end up at Celtic or Galatasaray - he's after a massive payday

Guest Kagoshimaowl
37 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

MacLean only scored 18 league goals, the others came in cup games

Hmm. Would have to check my stats but I’ll trust you on that.

12 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Was a massive fan of Maclean. Saw him a few times for Scunthorpe and always hoped we would sign him. Was really pleased when we did. The last player whose name i had on the back of my shirt 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Southampton are prepared to let Che Adams leave, but won’t sanction a loan. A lot on here were suggesting a reunion with Monk, perhaps recreating the sort of pairing used by the manager at Birmingham. I would imagine they will want more than we paid for Rhodes, so I think we can rule that one out

Needs to play in a front 2 which limits his options , our neighbours might be a possibility.

5 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

We wont be signing 5 strikers of that I am sure. 2 or 3 at best. 

I’d be happy with only signing two or three, but we need to forget about playing with two up front then