The striker situation

Guest wilyfox
11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If Lyle Taylor would be a coup for us, and I agree, he probably would be, it shows you how difficult it’s going to be if we need to recruit 4 or 5 strikers

Biggest offer gets Taylor, and I don't think it should be us this time. We've done big wages on 30yr-olds in the past. I'm hoping we go down a different road this time. He's spent half this season out injured too, which is another warning. 

10 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Taylor would be decent but wages probably more than we want to pay 

Not sure about this. I’m not sure how much he will be on at charlton but will be much less than all out strikers. Assuming winnall and Nuhui leave this world leave plenty of room financially.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sefton owl said:

Not sure about this. I’m not sure how much he will be on at charlton but will be much less than all out strikers. Assuming winnall and Nuhui leave this world leave plenty of room financially.

Agree  suspect that's why there is so much interest in him. His current contract relatively cheap comparatively with other championship strikers, however his new wage demands may not be. 

Wouldn't want to be held to ransom for him, he ain't that good  

Taylor has apparently Galatasaray after him. If that is true he ain't coming to S6

With transfer prices likely to be severely reduced and clubs looking to recoup as much as they can we may be able to revisit someone like Clark-Harris who we were supposed to be in for in January. He certainly isn't going to commanding the 2m transfer price target anymore. Add to that Bristol Rovers recently announced debt of 24m 

7 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Taylor has apparently Galatasaray after him. If that is true he ain't coming to S6

With transfer prices likely to be severely reduced and clubs looking to recoup as much as they can we may be able to revisit someone like Clark-Harris who we were supposed to be in for in January. He certainly isn't going to commanding the 2m transfer price target anymore. Add to that Bristol Rovers recently announced debt of 24m 

He may be someone we look again at, and might be worth a punt. Wages presumably wouldn’t be an issue, but the fee might still be. Is he better than Fletcher, I’d say not but I would imagine we’d be downgrading in most areas. I’d be happy with him, but people would have to be realistic, he isn’t the type of player who will be setting the division alight Unless of course, we are in a different division

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally I think our strikers next season will consist of Fletcher, Nuhiu, FF and Rhodes. Absolute crap. 

FF won’t sign. We’d be utterly nuts given his record over the past 3 years.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree  suspect that's why there is so much interest in him. His current contract relatively cheap comparatively with other championship strikers, however his new wage demands may not be. 

Wouldn't want to be held to ransom for him, he ain't that good  

That was my thought, he’s clearly wanting a big wage..... knowing our luck we’d beat off the competition then he’d snap his hammy

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally I think our strikers next season will consist of Fletcher, Nuhiu, FF and Rhodes. Absolute crap. 

And yet if you asked half the clubs in the championship they’d snap your hand off for that quartet. Strange really

Guest wilyfox
30 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I can't see that. Monk has reiterated the need to evolve the squad. 

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

What do you know Sefton ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

If Lyle Taylor would be a coup for us, and I agree, he probably would be, it shows you how difficult it’s going to be if we need to recruit 4 or 5 strikers

If we had Nuhiu, Fletcher, Taylor, Young loanee, potentially Borukov it would only really need two signings. 

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

You just know the next deal announced will be Nuhiu staying. 2 players that should have been the first out the door. I would rather Winnall stay and let Nuhiu leave if I had to choose. Actually I would rather we got rid of Nuhiu, Winnall, and FF, send Wickham back and get rid of that waste of space Cruz, and bring in some new strikers. 

In terms of how long he’s been here I can see why it might be tempting to refresh but if we wanted a “big man” type who could get between 5-10 goals if played often enough then how much would he cost to replace? We’d be looking at people like Smith at Millwall, the other Smith at Rotherham or hoping a foreign gamble paid off. Whereas keeping Nuhiu on a similar or lower wage we know what we are getting as an impact player and we can focus our finances on a regular striker.

Ive quite liked Winnall and I don’t think he gets a fair go here but I think it makes less financial sense to keep him over Nuhiu. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, unkastav said:

And yet if you asked half the clubs in the championship they’d snap your hand off for that quartet. Strange really

well maybe 3 of those 4. We know though that the fact is they aren’t good enough. We need our choice of striker freshening up. I would have no problem if Nuhiu, Winnall, Rhodes and FF left. Infact I hope they do. 

Guest LondonOwl313
52 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Monk has resigned Pelupessy. That tells you how much the squad is going to evolve. Everything that comes out of his mouth is hot air 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

after yesterday’s news of extending the Pelupessy contract I doubt we will see much evolving of the squad, more likely we will extend the majority of out of contract crap. Only ones I think are certain to leave imo will be Hutch, Westwood and Winnall