Season Ticket news coming this week from Sheffield Wednesday

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, vulva said:

Sorry, I don’t agree. I don’t need the money but on principle I want it back. Why do people consistently let football get away with it?

Well if I get access to games on the streaming service and there is a credit for future tickets then i haven't lost anything value wise.

26 minutes ago, vulva said:

Sorry, I don’t agree. I don’t need the money but on principle I want it back. Why do people consistently let football get away with it?

But of a shocker but I agree with you

lol

I did think at first that I wasn’t bothered and they need the money etc but the longer it’s gone on I just think of all the money down there being swallowed up by a lot of poor players (and a few good ones). I don’t even bother with games on the red button so can’t imagine I’ll bother much with iFollow games in an empty stadium. 

32 minutes ago, vulva said:

I completely agree with you. We’ve had the Mick taken out of us for far too long. The club is not a charity. I’m not going to “donate” my money or my tickets. I paid £555 for 23 games. I got 18 (and most of those were rubbish but that’s a different issue). I want refunding for the remaining 5. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Great work from the club

If it proves to be just a straight swap of I-follow for live tickets then it isn't great work in my opinion, the equivalent value is not the same and does not take into account families that have bought 2,3,4 or 5 season tickets in the same household and will use the same access to I-follow. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If it proves to be just a straight swap of I-follow for live tickets then it isn't great work in my opinion, the equivalent value is not the same and does not take into account families that have bought 2,3,4 or 5 season tickets in the same household and will use the same access to I-follow. 

You can get a refund though and buy I-Follow with that?

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You can get a refund though and buy I-Follow with that?

Fair point, at £10 per game that could be an option for some and would also help households with multiple season tickets.

Wouldn't be surprised though if our club was to somehow make it that if you take a full refund then you become ineligible to access swfc on I-follow this season! :Chansiri:

3 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

I’m confused have I missed something?

Haven’t the club confirmed refunds will be available?

It seems that way yes, worded as though it is likely to be a pro-rata refund if that is what you want or I-follow, or a credit note, or a donation, or merchandise points.

It seems to me that swapping live tickets for I-follow viewing is not a fair swap but as Neil then pointed out, it may be possible to get a full pro-rata refund then purchase the 9 games on I-follow at £10 per game.   

26 minutes ago, Loxley Owl said:

I completely agree with you. We’ve had the Mick taken out of us for far too long. The club is not a charity. I’m not going to “donate” my money or my tickets. I paid £555 for 23 games. I got 18 (and most of those were rubbish but that’s a different issue). I want refunding for the remaining 5. 

To be fair the statement on the club website suggests this will be an option. 

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair point, at £10 per game that could be an option for some and would also help households with multiple season tickets.

Wouldn't be surprised though if our club was to somehow make it that if you take a full refund then you become ineligible to access swfc on I-follow this season! :Chansiri:

Unbelievable!

3 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Unbelievable!

It was mostly a joke, hopefully! 

I have been telling people on here to stop panicking all week when they have been looking at what Sunderland have offered and getting their knickers in a twist. 

2 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

How about waiting for the actual announcement with full details before we start moaning?

Or they could not moan at all because before the full statement he’s already said he will offer refunds

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Or they could not moan at all because before the full statement he’s already said he will offer refunds

Yeah but he's probably lying about that too, just to make it worse when he announces that there'll be no refunds and we'll have to pay for next season's tickets with our first born child's blood.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It seems that way yes, worded as though it is likely to be a pro-rata refund if that is what you want or I-follow, or a credit note, or a donation, or merchandise points.

It seems to me that swapping live tickets for I-follow viewing is not a fair swap but as Neil then pointed out, it may be possible to get a full pro-rata refund then purchase the 9 games on I-follow at £10 per game.   

Yeah from how I read it they will ‘incorporate’ EFL’s offer of ifollow passes into the options they provide 

So you could have the option of ifollow passes + whatever’s left to refund or just a full refund 

5 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Yeah from how I read it they will ‘incorporate’ EFL’s offer of ifollow passes into the options they provide 

So you could have the option of ifollow passes + whatever’s left to refund or just a full refund 

I had that down as 'incorporate' meaning it will be one of the various options - If they do offer some money in addition to the I-follow pass for season ticket holders then I don't see how anyone can complain. 

The doom and gloom merchants who were expecting us to offer I-follow or nothing else and lump it will have to find another angle.

Edited by Guest

Guest Grandad

Looking at the statements released by others it seems that there has been a collective agreement amongst Championship clubs

It also looks like all options have been catered for (until we see the devil in the detail)

I don't think anybody can really complain at this stage, and it's good to see that clubs have worked together to deliver (hopefully) something for everybody

You have to say well done to them all. Fair play