Celtic & Rangers away

Guest Garryswfcowl72

Guest Garryswfcowl72

Went to both games back in the 90’s had our coach smashed up at Celtic afterwards was a 1-1draw also remember woods getting dogs abuse of the Celtic fans . Rangers was more friendly with fans swapping scarves at the end think It was 2-2 after being 2-0 up typical 🙄WEDNESDAY Di canio got plenty of stick that night also remember a WEDNESDAY fan wearing a Celtic shirt & the coppers telling him to take it off 😂. Anyone else go to one or both these games ? 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I’m also a Rangers fan (most people in Northern Ireland support a local team, an English team and either Rangers/Celtic!). I wasn’t at either of those games, but I did go to the friendly in 2017. I am biased, but there is definitely a friendly relationship with Rangers. The atmosphere was phenomenal that day, and I often find myself on YouTube watching highlights of the crowd! I’ve promised mates I’ll take them to Hillsborough, if we play again. They want to wear their Rangers tops though!

16 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

I’m also a Rangers fan (most people in Northern Ireland support a local team, an English team and either Rangers/Celtic!). I wasn’t at either of those games, but I did go to the friendly in 2017. I am biased, but there is definitely a friendly relationship with Rangers. The atmosphere was phenomenal that day, and I often find myself on YouTube watching highlights of the crowd! I’ve promised mates I’ll take them to Hillsborough, if we play again. They want to wear their Rangers tops though!

"Most people"

Speak for yourself and yer mates instead.

fizz the odious old firm and we don't have a relationship with either.

Edited by Belfast Owl 2
  • Like 1

Went Rangers away was a cracking trip never seen so many pictures of the queen.

Atmosphere great and obligatory testimonial dodgy pen at the end to make it 2-2.

Ended the night nearly getting locked up in Glasgow until somebody stumped up over £400 to cover the bar bill God bless em.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

Atmosphere great and obligatory testimonial dodgy pen at the end to make it 2-2.

Ended the night nearly getting locked up in Glasgow until somebody stumped up over £400 to cover the bar bill God bless em.

Strange bunch

• Haha 1

Those happy go lucky Rangers fans who smashed up the North stand, lovely fans? To be fair got talking to some Rangers fans in town and they were very friendly and we had a good laugh with them.

I also went to the Celtic game for the weekend and I have never meet such friendly fans.  We went in to some real dives of pubs (if you can call them that more like huts).  Soon as they heard our accents, which we tried to hide as we were pooing ourselves they invited us over for a chat and drinks flowed. 

I have never seen so many drunken fans either saw them literally falling off coaches and laid in the street. 

It was the same at night, round the pubs people just wanted to chat where ever we went.  Had a great time.

I wonder if the OP has an ulterior motive Woods got dogs abuse but Di Canio only got plenty of stick?   Apologies if I have misread your words.

One of the beauties of Sheffield, South yorkshire and England is that we have stemmed the religious hatred in our communities.  Let Glasgow bask in the glory that they live in a city where they hate their neighbour for no other reason than they follow a different interpretation of a fictitious book.

Let them keep their poison we don't need it here.

3 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

Nip down to Carrickfergus on coast near Belfast. Pics of the Queen everywhere. most jukeboxes filled with Loyalist songs like The Sash and Number One Platoon.

• Like 1

Just now, Buckwheat said:

Nip down to Carrickfergus on coast near Belfast. Pics of the Queen everywhere. most jukeboxes filled with Loyalist songs like The Sash and Number One Platoon.

I can't just nip there fella theres Water in my way.

But I found that a bit strange and welcoming at the same time.

Went to both …….. Celtic game on the Saturday, Rangers midweek!

Left the Gate at 1am for the Celtic game arriving around 6:30 am …… pubs were open!

All went pretty well until the band in the Celtic supporters club started playing anti English rebel songs and a collection came around for "the cause". They absolutely did it on purpose trying to intimidate the 40 or so of us who hitherto had been enjoying a great day out. Unfortunately mayhem prevailed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Yep nip down to a paramiltary pub for a friendly and welcoming experience. See how some places are stuck in time and are proud of it

Don't bring your own gear as they will sell you some

Welcome to Carrick ( assuming you aren't catholic)

Went to both Rangers and Celtic games, though Rangers are my fav Scottish team I found majority of fans of both clubs very friendly. 

Also went to friendlies at Dundee and Kilmarnock and found the locals very friendly, must be a Scottish thing. 

22 minutes ago, PuntItLikeDielna said:

I'd really fancy Celtic as I follow them as a 2nd team but reckon some of the morons would ruin the day out by spending the day singing about the Pope and what not 

And maybe the Celtic fans would sing about shooting the soldier that was my experience from the last game

Went to the Rangers game

We toyed with them until we made a load of changes 

Thought Di Canio was going to get lynched - he was really goading them

I think he was subbed off for his own protection

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

"Most people"

Speak for yourself and yer mates instead.

fizz the odious old firm and we don't have a relationship with either.

There is no “Old Firm” anymore mate, Rangers FC died in 2012. No more guilt by association.

• Haha 3