Celtic & Rangers away

Guest Garryswfcowl72

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Rod Stewart ain't..lol...and Sean Connery...though he did switch when he fell out with the Celtic ticket office

Correct. Celtic also had a Tory on the Board at one point and there was regular demos to remove him and banner protests.

1 minute ago, John O'Brien said:

Wasn’t bait at all, and the Wednesday fans i was with confirmed the chant of “ F the IRA”. 

Yep but I'd say the same about any Protestant terrorist group. A group who go about/went about killing British subjects isn't going to be popular amongst British people.

Most fans who sing it do it as its just another chant, one of many to wind up the opposition, nor is sang by any organised political faction. 

It's also a chant which is getting heard less and less thankfully. 

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yep but I'd say the same about any Protestant terrorist group. A group who go about/went about killing British subjects isn't going to be popular amongst British people.

Most fans who sing it do it as its just another chant, one of many to wind up the opposition, nor is sang by any organised political faction. 

It's also a chant which is getting heard less and less thankfully. 

I’m in total agreement with you and that is Political chanting and not sectarian.

5 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

Before anyone accuses me of favouring one religion, im Atheist. I renounced my faith a long time ago.

Some would argue that professing to be an atheist is not the renunciation of faith, just a different kind of it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, John O'Brien said:

I’m in total agreement with you and that is Political chanting and not sectarian.

No its a chant by fans in the main that have very little connection with the troubles and just sing it to wind up other fans mainly Leeds fans.

In no way do I say its sang as a political song regarding Wednesday fans.

6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Some would argue that professing to be an atheist is not the renunciation of faith, just a different kind of it.

That would be a stupid argument to make and as its obvious that you aren't stupid I know you won't be making such a claim.

Unless you're going to disappoint me.

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

That would be a stupid argument to make and as its obvious that you aren't stupid I know you won't be making such a claim.

Unless you're going to disappoint me.

It's a well known philosophical debate and depends how you define 'faith' I suppose. But I have no strong views on the matter and was just being an arse to mock one of our very obviously non-sectarian guests.

:biggrin:

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No its a chant by fans in the main that have very little connection with the troubles and just sing it to wind up other fans mainly Leeds fans.

In no way do I say its sang as a political song regarding Wednesday fans.

Mate, it’s a Political chant no matter how you dress it up.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

It's a well known philosophical debate and depends how you define 'faith' I suppose. But I have no strong views on the matter and was just being an arse to mock one of our very obviously non-sectarian guests.

:biggrin:

And whom would that guest be?🤔