Celtic & Rangers away

Guest Garryswfcowl72

16 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

I’m also a Rangers fan (most people in Northern Ireland support a local team, an English team and either Rangers/Celtic!). I wasn’t at either of those games, but I did go to the friendly in 2017. I am biased, but there is definitely a friendly relationship with Rangers. The atmosphere was phenomenal that day, and I often find myself on YouTube watching highlights of the crowd! I’ve promised mates I’ll take them to Hillsborough, if we play again. They want to wear their Rangers tops though!

I know a few Celtic/Wednesday fans and im one of them.

17 hours ago, Garryswfcowl72 said:

Went to both games back in the 90’s had our coach smashed up at Celtic afterwards was a 1-1draw also remember woods getting dogs abuse of the Celtic fans . Rangers was more friendly with fans swapping scarves at the end think It was 2-2 after being 2-0 up typical 🙄WEDNESDAY Di canio got plenty of stick that night also remember a WEDNESDAY fan wearing a Celtic shirt & the coppers telling him to take it off 😂. Anyone else go to one or both these games ? 

Yeah I think it was a Saturday afternoon before Celtic Park was rebuilt and im sure Chris Morris was playing for Celtic. I can’t remember as I spent most of the afternoon looking for bricks to throw at passing busses.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Those happy go lucky Rangers fans who smashed up the North stand, lovely fans? To be fair got talking to some Rangers fans in town and they were very friendly and we had a good laugh with them.

I also went to the Celtic game for the weekend and I have never meet such friendly fans.  We went in to some real dives of pubs (if you can call them that more like huts).  Soon as they heard our accents, which we tried to hide as we were pooing ourselves they invited us over for a chat and drinks flowed. 

I have never seen so many drunken fans either saw them literally falling off coaches and laid in the street. 

It was the same at night, round the pubs people just wanted to chat where ever we went.  Had a great time.

I wonder if the OP has an ulterior motive Woods got dogs abuse but Di Canio only got plenty of stick?   Apologies if I have misread your words.

One of the beauties of Sheffield, South yorkshire and England is that we have stemmed the religious hatred in our communities.  Let Glasgow bask in the glory that they live in a city where they hate their neighbour for no other reason than they follow a different interpretation of a fictitious book.

Let them keep their poison we don't need it here.

Celtic is not about religion mate, Celtic fans are a mixture of all faiths. We do not discriminate anyone’s religion. Celtic fans are Political and are not sectarian.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, John O'Brien said:

Celtic is not about religion mate, Celtic fans are a mixture of all faiths. We do not discriminate anyone’s religion. Celtic fans are Political and are not sectarian.

Been to Millwall in 70s west ham chelsea and man city and a few more dodgy places but Celtic park that day was appalling proper scum

Just now, John O'Brien said:
9 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Been to Millwall in 70s west ham chelsea and man city and a few more dodgy places but Celtic park that day was appalling proper scum

Just now, John O'Brien said:
9 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I take it you you won’t be going back up again anytime soon then. Things are a lot different now.

7 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

It's easy sat in Celtic supporters club 3 piece band comes on starts playing a song about shooting a soldier obviously all hell brakes out 

Is that clearer for you

Actually no, not really. I wouldn’t imagine all hell breaking loose in a Celtic Supporters Club. 

Just now, bladeshater said:

I would venture up there again if Wednesday played em in a competitive game

Decent. It’s not nearly the same as before. The younger generations have come through now and a lot of the bitterness has definitely gone from the support 

16 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

No not saying that at all, but I cannot imagine Celtic fans going nuts unless you mean they went wild with delight with the songs the band played and not a scrap between fans.

Here's it pal we were having a beer and mixing with the Celtic fans the band came on and the atmosphere turned toxic the Celtic fans were clapping and tapping the table when the song was sung about shooting the soldier

Wednesday fans responded with rule brittania and God save the Queen then scene from the wild west started

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
14 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Spitting in our girls faces on turnstiles. Sorry but keep them up north where they belong. 

Sorry sweetcheeks, but we’re all from Northern Ireland (not “up north”) and probably have better etiquette than you have in your fairy dust 😘

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
4 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Here's it pal we were having a beer and mixing with the Celtic fans the band came on and the atmosphere turned toxic the Celtic fans were clapping and tapping the table when the song was sung about shooting the soldier

Wednesday fans responded with rule brittania and God save the Queen then scene from the wild west started

No point arguing with them. Neither set of  fans are angels, but Celtic fans are brainwashed in certain ideologies from a very young age. Just look at the angelic “Green Brigade”. :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

No point arguing with them. Neither set of  fans are angels, but Celtic fans are brainwashed in certain ideologies from a very young age. Just look at the angelic “Green Brigade”. :ph34r:

Is this the same Green Brigade that’s fundraising for the NHS and regular food banks drive donators? Because Celtic fans are mostly left wing and Political they certainly help all members of society if they need help. Don’t confuse politics with sectarian bigotry.

32 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

You do know that Rule Britannia has slavery connotations and there’s a verse of God save the Queen that has a line about booting the sh*t out of the Scots. Maybe not a good choice of songs to sing in Scotland. Agreed?