I’d love us to sign a player that could get us out of our seats

jj_08.jpg

Who have we signed since Waddle that could get us out of our seats regularly by beating a man? I can only place JJ as that type of player and we all know that he didn’t have the end product but I’d take another JJ anytime if it meant we got a fair bit of excitement each game. 

Are there any players around that can dribble the ball and if so, could we afford to buy them? 

Guest The Horse

FF to a certain extent but he's more a tenacious street fighter / unpredictable brilliance rather than a dribbler and someone who beats his man consistently.

It seems like a dying art unfortunately and it's what I love most about football, the players that do things that get people on the edge of their seats and get replayed on videos decades later.

I can't think of any to be honest.. But it is 2am in the morning!

4 hours ago, shandypants said:

Who have we signed since Waddle that could get us out of our seats regularly by beating a man? I can only place JJ as that type of player and we all know that he didn’t have the end product but I’d take another JJ anytime if it meant we got a fair bit of excitement each game. 

Are there any players around that can dribble the ball and if so, could we afford to buy them? 

Di Canio, Carbone, Blinker (maybe for 5 games), and that’s it

Edited by Rogers

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Drenthe's probably the best dribbler we've had in recent years.

What about Murphys outside of the foot chip it down the line and run after it dribble WTF:

Forestieri? Not so much recently, but in that first season when we played fast attacking football. That’s the thing, there isn’t room to accommodate such a player, when our sole attacking ploy is to launch it up to Fletcher Its not the style of play that is likely to encourage any player who wants to entertain

7 hours ago, shandypants said:

Think youve forgotten Antonio what a gem he was. Pace and power, in reality we were just a stepping stone but was great while he was here.

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Bothroyd usually got me out of my seat. Infact, he rarely got me in it. 

On the same theme . Peter Feeley got supporters out of there seats-- and walk out . God he was awful , Colin West was Harry Kane by comparison.

8 hours ago, shandypants said:

We have plenty. Just out of our seats for wrong reasons.

Over the time I have watched Wednesday.

Terry Curran

Willie Henderson

Paulo Di Canio

Benito Carbone

Chris Waddle

Jermaine Johnson

Those are the players that when they received the ball you were on the edge of your seat anticipating something special could happen. Its called flair.