I’d love us to sign a player that could get us out of our seats

I still love to see FF get the ball. He is the only player since Antonio who I genuinely go to the ground and get excited to see play. Far too many times he hasnt played for various reasons but different managers not choosing him has been criminal imo...alas I think it's the end for him whilst complete average dullards like fox are offered new deals...I despair

1 hour ago, coe_22 said:

To be honest, the players we have get a lot of people out of their seats. It’s usually when we concede a third!!! :1276983839_MonkHome:

My uncle always use to tell me when people got out of the seats they would chuck cushions on to the pitch to express their displeasure at the side's performances.:tango:

Waddle 

Carbone 

Di Canio

Owen Morrison

JP McGovern

Frank Songo’o

Jermaine Johnson 

Michael Antonio

Ben Marshall

Marco Matias

Fernando Forestieri 

Kadeem Harris

They’ve all performed that outlet role in the team at some stage. We missed it a bit in the more possession based style under Carlos but you can’t beat a good winger in my view.

46 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Waddle 

Carbone 

Di Canio

Owen Morrison

JP McGovern

Frank Songo’o

Jermaine Johnson 

Michael Antonio

Ben Marshall

Marco Matias

Fernando Forestieri 

Kadeem Harris

They’ve all performed that outlet role in the team at some stage. We missed it a bit in the more possession based style under Carlos but you can’t beat a good winger in my view.

You can’t have a list that long and not mention Hirst and Atkinson

Guest LondonOwl313
54 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Waddle 

Carbone 

Di Canio

Owen Morrison

JP McGovern

Frank Songo’o

Jermaine Johnson 

Michael Antonio

Ben Marshall

Marco Matias

Fernando Forestieri 

Kadeem Harris

Owen Morrison? Lol

I’d add Royston Drenthe, Gerald Sibon and Chris Brunt

9 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Antonio.

Even Helan could regularly beat his man. 

Yep. Antonio to a certain extent. 

7 hours ago, Rogers said:

Di Canio, Carbone, Blinker (maybe for 5 games), and that’s it

Of course Di Canio - how could I forget him?!!

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Waddle 

Carbone 

Di Canio

Owen Morrison

JP McGovern

Frank Songo’o

Jermaine Johnson 

Michael Antonio

Ben Marshall

Marco Matias

Fernando Forestieri 

Kadeem Harris

Referring back to my opening post and in relation to the above post (and some others on this thread), I don’t think I explained myself clearly enough. When Waddle, Di Canio and JJ received the ball, everyone (and I mean that literally) in the home stands would stand knowing 9 times out of 10, something brilliant, magical or downright amazing was about to happen. Waddle’s well known comment about him hearing the Hillsborough seats clattering when he got the ball can only really be fully applied to him, Di Canio and JJ. When any of those three received the ball and you knew that something was going to happen, I used to get a proper rush of excitement; they would then take the roof of Hillsborough if they finished their brilliance with a goal or an assist. 

29 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Owen Morrison? Lol

I’d add Royston Drenthe, Gerald Sibon and Chris Brunt

That first season he broke through he had some great ability to go past his man and a decent range of crossing and shooting. Before the ale took hold 

Guest Garryswfcowl72

All the current squad get us off our seats especially playing Blackburn & Derby at home & getting off our seats leaving after 30 minutes 

27 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Yep. Antonio to a certain extent. 

Of course Di Canio - how could I forget him?!!

Referring back to my opening post and in relation to the above post (and some others on this thread), I don’t think I explained myself clearly enough. When Waddle, Di Canio and JJ received the ball, everyone (and I mean that literally) in the home stands would stand knowing 9 times out of 10, something brilliant, magical or downright amazing was about to happen. Waddle’s well known comment about him hearing the Hillsborough seats clattering when he got the ball can only really be fully applied to him, Di Canio and JJ. When any of those three received the ball and you knew that something was going to happen, I used to get a proper rush of excitement; they would then take the roof of Hillsborough if they finished their brilliance with a goal or an assist. 

You must have a very rose tinted and selective memory to be putting Jermaine Johnson alongside Waddle and Di Canio!

Yes he scored a few worldlies but was frustratingly inconsistent, for every one of those there must have been 25 which finished halfway up the Kop. He may have been unpredictable, and was certainly great to watch on his day, but there's a reason why he was never more than a second and third tier player. I liked him, but he was never in the same class as Antonio and Forestieri,  let alone Waddle and Di Canio.