Sam Winnall has tested positive for Covid-19 Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Kenners3896 said:

What a joke that a professional footballer can get tested out of curiosity but a doctor that is self isolating because he/she thinks they might have it cant. 

Maybe he could use some of the 18k he has been paid this week to pay for some doctors and nurses to be tested .. you know just out of curiosity 

Why should he?

Guest Ferkorf
40 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Could go out for exercise or to buy groceries and unwittingly spread it to people. By testing and knowing he has it he can fully isolate to prevent spreading it.

So he doesn't social distance either.

Another footballer above the law I see

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
1 hour ago, unkastav said:

Be careful pal, light heartedness is dangerous:ph34r:

I think the world needs every little bit of light-heartedness and humour it can get right now. Especially after just 5 minutes of watching BBC/Sky News!

1 hour ago, punkskaphil said:

Could go out for exercise or to buy groceries and unwittingly spread it to people. By testing and knowing he has it he can fully isolate to prevent spreading it.

Let’s just hope he’s not seen out or he really will be ridiculed.

Guest Ferkorf
46 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Overpaid idiots? Bit harsh to say you probably don’t know him. 

I know him, he is an idiot 

15 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I know him, he is an idiot 

That may be true, but fortunately he's smart enough and responsible enough to take it upon himself to get tested and therefore help prevent the spread of this nasty disease.

Guest Ferkorf
1 minute ago, punkskaphil said:

That may be true, but fortunately he's smart enough and responsible enough to take it upon himself to get tested and therefore help prevent the spread of this nasty disease.

Oh if only I was so smart....

To spend £250 on a test when I had no symptoms...

Everybody clap for Sammy 8pm Thursday

Where exactly do these home tests go to get verified? 

Wherever it is...they should be doing testing for the vulnerable and nhs staff.

Not for folk who wanna pay £250.

Makes no sense at all.

Just now, trev said:

Where exactly do these home tests go to get verified? 

Wherever it is...they should be doing testing for the vulnerable and nhs staff.

Not for folk who wanna pay £250.

Makes no sense at all.

They go to private labs.

Sadly, it's a political decision, but it's no different from private healthcare which isn't exactly a new concept. Frankly, given that this is the way healthcare in the UK is split anyway, it's far better for as many people as possible who can afford to pay for private tests to go ahead and do so in order to help safeguard everybody else.

The more people that pay for these private tests the better.

If they are available and people can afford them then please hurry and go ahead and take them. 

The government can/will organise everyone else through deciding how many to do of the general public/NHS workers etc

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Large.jpg

BREAKING NEWS - Sheffield Wednesday striker Sam Winnall has tested positive for Coronavirus

Sam's not showing any symptoms yet

He used a home testing kit to discover he was positive

Two weeks! 😵

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Surely at some point Sam will develop symptoms or can anyone unknowingly have the virus without any knowledge or symptoms, scary if so . Let’s hope he gets through it ok . 

I am getting on a bit, so when I had a cough (wrong sort) headache, and high temperature in the first week, went

through isolation, second week went back to work still didn't feel good, end of week eventually got through to 911

who informed me that I didn't have the virus, third week had pains in my left arm, slight pain in right, how ever I am a delivery driver so do a lot of heavy lifting got through to 911 again to be told I may have covid 19, but by now I didn't have the flu like symptoms or hot chest, so I don't know if I have or have not, doesn't really answer your question but tells you how the experts without test don't know.

Edited by daleblue
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Surely at some point Sam will develop symptoms or can anyone unknowingly have the virus without any knowledge or symptoms, scary if so . Let’s hope he gets through it ok . 

Sam might not currently have Covid19, he could have had it and recovered already without ever knowing. Until he took an antibody test to find out. Once production is ramped up these tests will cost about a quid on Amazon.

It doesn't often go reported in the media that between 50% and 75% of those that catch Covid19 are completely symptom free