Sam Winnall has tested positive for Covid-19 Coronavirus

4 hours ago, WBridgfordowl said:

And then tell the world that you’ve done it!

the self importance of some of these overpaid idiots beggars belief 

Telling people he's tested positive without symptoms. In other words stay inside and take government advice. A lot of people will be carrying this virus without any knowledge. They are the most dangerous amongst us...

4 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

No Symptoms, No problems and no indications but tested positive...

What a load of horse p155

Honestly footballers aren't coming out of this in a good light at all.

Not only are they moaning about not being able to afford paycuts like most of us who are or will be hit by a 20% cut they are now they are also showing no symptoms at all and testing positive. Ok Sam Mate.... Ok

Wow, words fail me...

You're having a pop at him for being asymptomatic 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I am getting on a bit, so when I had a cough (wrong sort) headache, and high temperature in the first week, went

through isolation, second week went back to work still didn't feel good, end of week eventually got through to 911

who informed me that I didn't have the virus, third week had pains in my left arm, slight pain in right, how ever I am a delivery driver so do a lot of heavy lifting got through to 911 again to be told I may have covid 19, but by now I didn't have the flu like symptoms or hot chest, so I don't know if I have or have not, doesn't really answer your question but tells you how the experts without test don't know.

Well I hope you are ok mate , it’s a worry you can’t get diagnosed for sure so you know how to deal with your symptoms. 

30 minutes ago, jerseyowl said:

Sam might not currently have Covid19, he could have had it and recovered already without ever knowing. Until he took an antibody test to find out. Once production is ramped up these tests will cost about a quid on Amazon.

It doesn't often go reported in the media that between 50% and 75% of those that catch Covid19 are completely symptom free

Testing is the only way I’ve thought that from the early days before it became a pandemic. How can we possibly beat it without knowing , because without any symptoms we are supposed to be virus free I always thought !! 

5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I hope he recovers ok but not sure paying £250.00 to home test yourself out of curiosity when they is a shortage of test kits should be encouraged.

It does mean Kyle Walker could have had his little party entirely risk free* for £750.

* Risk free of Coronavirus**

** Not chlamydia

3 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

You can’t always stop people getting close to you. Or do you think that only footballers have that ability?

The oppositions centre forwards don't usually have an issue! 

1 hour ago, jerseyowl said:

Sam might not currently have Covid19, he could have had it and recovered already without ever knowing. Until he took an antibody test to find out. Once production is ramped up these tests will cost about a quid on Amazon.

It doesn't often go reported in the media that between 50% and 75% of those that catch Covid19 are completely symptom free

This appears to be one of the RNA tests rather than an antibody test.

The home blood tests are not currently legal in the UK, as the website points out.

So it will only pick it up if you currently have it, not if you previously had it.

2 hours ago, owlinexile said:

So it will only pick it up if you currently have it, not if you previously had it.

Yeah but if possitive, show no serious symptoms and recover, then end result is the same. Can you still be a carrier even after recovery? Do they know?
I suppose there are many thousands had it without even knowing.

Don't blame him, any slight cough feel a bit rough etc, or feel no symptoms at all, test, even if just for peace of mind.

Do we know for a fact Sam has paid £250 for this test and jumped the queue? You can buy tests for £6 each which work like a pregnancy test, you just drop a tiny amount of blood into it and it tells you if you have it or have had it. Just saying like.

Google Surescreen.

14 hours ago, deano said:

Don't think people should be taking tests to satisfy their curiosity. 

Why not....more tests the better, countries that are doing the most testing are fairing better than those not.

14 hours ago, Kenners3896 said:

What a joke that a professional footballer can get tested out of curiosity but a doctor that is self isolating because he/she thinks they might have it cant. 

Maybe he could use some of the 18k he has been paid this week to pay for some doctors and nurses to be tested .. you know just out of curiosity 

Why can't a doctor self test...just do what Sam did.

This is owlstalk at its finest ... even in these dark times. 

we are having a go at bloke for testing himself (which apparently is what’s needed) and telling everyone to stay inside . That’s it . Because he’s not a popular player, for That  sole reason the bloke is an idiot. If it was Westwood or Hutchinson , he’d be lauded as some kind of virus protection poster boy . Anybody would test themselves if they could 

• Like 2

Guest Ferkorf
10 hours ago, mark77 said:

Wow, words fail me...

You're having a pop at him for being asymptomatic 

Yes Im very aware of that...

Just happens to be winnall thats why Im having a pop at him. Biggest bullshi11er in South Yorkshire 

You have 1 dog he has 3

11 hours ago, jerseyowl said:

Three points

1. This was not an antibody test: This is a test to determine whether he has the disease, not has had it and is over it. According to the result he has and how he feels, he is an asymptomatic case and not someone who has had it and is over it. Very important difference. An asymptomatic case who currently has it could infect others with it... if he had had it and got over it he would not be infectious to others.

2. As someone who has (briefly) worked in an industry that deals with antibody testing, they will never be a quid on amazon. Once an antibody assay has been developed, your best-case scenario is it'll be about 10 or 20 quid (not that that's a huge cost in the grand scheme of things!)

3. That isn't reported in the media because it's not true, at least not with any certainty. We have no idea what % of people who catch coronavirus are asymptomatic, and assuming that the vast majority are asymptomatic is a very dangerous game to play and could result in many deaths. The latest in disease modelling suggests that the majority of cases might be asymptomatic, but the range of the possible % that could be asymptomatic is huge... and ultimately we won't know until antibody testing gets out there

8 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Yeah but if possitive, show no serious symptoms and recover, then end result is the same. Can you still be a carrier even after recovery? Do they know?
I suppose there are many thousands had it without even knowing.

Don't blame him, any slight cough feel a bit rough etc, or feel no symptoms at all, test, even if just for peace of mind.

Based off of how immunity to viruses works, it would be extremely unlikely you can be a carrier once you've beaten coronavirus.  You'd catch it again and your immune system would kill it before it had a chance to replicate enough to pass on to someone else... your body will be too good at fighting it off

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

This is owlstalk at its finest ... even in these dark times. 

we are having a go at bloke for testing himself (which apparently is what’s needed) and telling everyone to stay inside . That’s it . Because he’s not a popular player, for That  sole reason the bloke is an idiot. If it was Westwood or Hutchinson , he’d be lauded as some kind of virus protection poster boy . Anybody would test themselves if they could 

I’m sure there was a comment I’m here somewhere referring to him being an idiot.

Pots and kettles sprang to mind.

3 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

Yes Im very aware of that...

Just happens to be winnall thats why Im having a pop at him. Biggest bullshi11er in South Yorkshire 

You have 1 dog he has 3

So in these strangest of times you’re wasting energy slating someone for the sake of it. 

Well done.