Sam Winnall has tested positive for Covid-19 Coronavirus

Guest Ferkorf
9 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

So in these strangest of times you’re wasting energy slating someone for the sake of it. 

Well done.

Is that not what you just did via quoting me?

Well done

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Three points

1. This was not an antibody test: This is a test to determine whether he has the disease, not has had it and is over it. According to the result he has and how he feels, he is an asymptomatic case and not someone who has had it and is over it. Very important difference. An asymptomatic case who currently has it could infect others with it... if he had had it and got over it he would not be infectious to others.

2. As someone who has (briefly) worked in an industry that deals with antibody testing, they will never be a quid on amazon. Once an antibody assay has been developed, your best-case scenario is it'll be about 10 or 20 quid (not that that's a huge cost in the grand scheme of things!)

3. That isn't reported in the media because it's not true, at least not with any certainty. We have no idea what % of people who catch coronavirus are asymptomatic, and assuming that the vast majority are asymptomatic is a very dangerous game to play and could result in many deaths. The latest in disease modelling suggests that the majority of cases might be asymptomatic, but the range of the possible % that could be asymptomatic is huge... and ultimately we won't know until antibody testing gets out there

What does that word mean?

you seem to use it a lot, is it important?

should I isolate against it?

I'm getting on a bit, should I be worried.

Signed,

Worried reader.

• Haha 1

Firstly I don't want to slag Sam Winall off. He's s bit of a daft young footballer. But...

I've had the virus. Started about March 16th and after a dodgy couple of weeks I'm completely well again. 

I could not however get tested as I wasn't badly enough to go to hospital. Millions more people who can't afford the 250 quid or whatever are now in the same position. 

My symptoms were bad enough to make me 99.9% certain that I had it. Lots of people aren't so sure and it's a terrible indictment of our society that the rich can idly make themselves feel safe but the people who really need the tests such as the NHS staff and others who want to know if they really have it or who are now probably immune to the disease couldn't get these tests in time.

Its national fxxxing scandal of epic proportions.

But glad you are ok Sam on a personal level.

Edited by Nero

15 hours ago, daleblue said:

I am getting on a bit, so when I had a cough (wrong sort) headache, and high temperature in the first week, went

through isolation, second week went back to work still didn't feel good, end of week eventually got through to 911

who informed me that I didn't have the virus, third week had pains in my left arm, slight pain in right, how ever I am a delivery driver so do a lot of heavy lifting got through to 911 again to be told I may have covid 19, but by now I didn't have the flu like symptoms or hot chest, so I don't know if I have or have not, doesn't really answer your question but tells you how the experts without test don't know.

26 minutes ago, Nero said:

Firstly I don't want to slag Sam Winall off. He's s bit of a daft young footballer. But...

I've had the virus. Started about March 16th and after a dodgy couple of weeks I'm completely well again. 

I could not however get tested as I wasn't badly enough to go to hospital. Millions more people who can't afford the 250 quid or whatever are now in the same position. 

My symptoms were bad enough to make me 99.9% certain that I had it. Lots of people aren't so sure and it's a terrible indictment of our society that the rich can idly make themselves feel safe but the people who really need the tests such as the NHS staff and others who want to know if they really have it or who are now probably immune to the disease couldn't get these tests in time.

Its national fxxxing scandal of epic proportions.

But glad you are ok Sam on a personal level.

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

What does that word mean?

you seem to use it a lot, is it important?

should I isolate against it?

I'm getting on a bit, should I be worried.

Signed,

Worried reader.

Sorry, asymptomatic basically means you're carrying the virus and can pass it on to others, but you yourself don't display any symptoms (fever, cough etc) for whatever reasons. Asymptomatic cases won't get ill or keel over randomly, but they could pass it on to others who may end up getting sick from it

10 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Sorry, asymptomatic basically means you're carrying the virus and can pass it on to others, but you yourself don't display any symptoms (fever, cough etc) for whatever reasons. Asymptomatic cases won't get ill or keel over randomly, but they could pass it on to others who may end up getting sick from it

Ok, should I take down my Anderson shelter, took me ages.

On 07/04/2020 at 20:39, owlinexile said:

It does mean Kyle Walker could have had his little party entirely risk free* for £750.

* Risk free of Coronavirus**

** Not chlamydia

He should have got tested with these lot https://yoursexualhealth.co.uk/covid-19-tests/

The one stop show for all your Coronavirus party needs. What a world we live in... 😂