The way out of this mess for DC.

1. Sack Monk to avoid relegation.  Obvious to anyone weeks ago, he's done. 

2. Appoint a short term manager til the end of the season. Pulis, Warnock  Would even consider Carlos. 

3. Sell the club and fuc.k off. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Beholder said:

2. Appoint a short term manager til the end of the season. Pulis, Warnock  Would even consider Carlos. 

1. Easy to do, don’t know if it would achieve much.

2. Carlos, not for me, Warnock ok but would split the fan base, Pauli’s or even Big Sam with loads of ££££’s bonus might work.

3. Nice thought, nigh on impossible. My big fear is he completely loses interest because of abuse and we become another Coventry. We don’t even own the Ground - just think where we could end up playing !

34 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I can only envisage option 3 at the minute....The rot is at the top...Theres no short term fix

13 minutes ago, doubleo said:

2. Carlos, not for me, Warnock ok but would split the fan base, Pauli’s or even Big Sam with loads of ££££’s bonus might work.

3. Nice thought, nigh on impossible. My big fear is he completely loses interest because of abuse and we become another Coventry. We don’t even own the Ground - just think where we could end up playing !

If 3 happens then DC will lose a fortune and I'm not sure he has it lose so for me that's a non stater.

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

If 3 happens then DC will lose a fortune and I'm not sure he has it lose so for me that's a non stater.

Thing is he’s already lost it hasn’t he ? To his credit he’s pumped Millions into this club over the years, gambling on promotion that would have given him his money back. That’s failed so in my eyes the money has gone. I don’t know about the detailed finances of the club, can’t be bothered to wade through the accounts, but I presume our outgoings are far greater than our genuine income, therefore, in one form or another he must be bankrolling the club every week. He either continues to lose money every week or cuts his losses and takes a hit. The 3rd option I suppose is to try again and throw mega bucks at it (if he can find some way around FFP), but hopefully this time get someone in to run the ship.

..thing is mate, there is a way out of it.

Things were (and possibly still are,) in a reyt tangle across the city behind the scenes.

..and they had no money

..and a bunch of pretty average and/or ageing players

..and a series of pretty sh it managers..

but finding the right manager, who has instilled a sense of discipline, has organised them properly and has got them very fit has turned them into a very effective unit....

:duntmatter:

....think I'm gonna be sick now....

42 minutes ago, doubleo said:

The likes of Big Sam is total pie in the sky for us at the minute. Why would he bother coming to a lower half championship club with a points deduction and relegation hanging over us. Absolutely no chance.

• Like 1

Why would anyone buy us when they won't be able to spend anything to actually improve the team? They would have to get rid of everyone on high wages, wait 2/3 years, hope we don't go down 1/2 leagues and only then will they be able to spend. 

50 minutes ago, doubleo said:

3. My biggest fear, what I've tried to flag a lot, but if 3 happens then it'll happen anyway, no reason for us to be doffing our cap to the master. 

7 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The likes of Big Sam is total pie in the sky for us at the minute. Why would he bother coming to a lower half championship club with a points deduction and relegation hanging over us. Absolutely no chance.

I wouldn’t be so sure ... my understanding is that, if the current crisis continues another two weeks, Doyen have identified that Sam, formerly of Bolton and England, is the man to fire fight ...you know what happens next 

DF6877AD-98E1-4382-BF50-19A1C4B83403.jpeg

There is a way out of it for DC. Accept that he hasnt got the foggiest idea how to run a football club and immediately appoint an experienced Chief Executive who knows the game and the business of football inside out. As Chairman his role would then solely be to provide that person the funds and freedom to run the whole ship properly. 

The CEO would have total control of hiring and firing managers, running the commerical side of the operation so that local businesses are re-engaged as sponsors / box holders and we are not sponsored by made up taxi / drinks firms. They would also have control of ticket prices so that the fanbase are not alienated by unrealistic pie in the sky ticket prices and unworkable season ticket schemes.

We are just at a critical tipping point where the fanbase is starting to turn on him. So far he has only shown arrogance and a my way or the highway approach so I would be amazed if he actually did something right for once. If he doesnt start making the right calls very quickly he will find himself in a gilded cage of his own creation as the owner of a League 1 club and north of 100 million spent with nobody willing to pay him his valuation to sell the club. Over to you Mr Chansiri.

1 hour ago, doubleo said:

I have invoked the Coventry scenario a few times of late: if DC loses interest but is unwilling to accept a big financial hit in selling us then he could end up charging us to play at the ground, sell the ground itself ( although unlikely to be granted any planning permission for other uses)....

Worrying times.

1. Appoint a CEO to run the club day to day. Only take the big decisions like changing manager & green lighting any big transfers. 

Make final decisions on things like new training ground or Stadium. Leave the day to day things alone.

2. Get in a director of Football in with a mandate to put into place coaching & scouting policy. Also big say on medical side and rehabilitation. Also has a say but not final say on head coach.