The way out of this mess for DC.

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I may have misunderstood you mate

lol

I thought you were trying to say a chairman is better because they spend millions and millions of pounds

That's the thinking I can't abide, especially when you can point to the millions spent on SWFC and the three steps back we have taken in virtually every department since

Fair enough. I am grateful for the money he has pumped in but I have always had a nagging doubt as to his reasons. I’ve said it on here before, it’s like me winning the Euro lottery, buying a 2nd division ice hockey team (a sport I know nothing about) thousands of miles from home in A town I have no connection with. Then I sort of justified it in my own mind by thinking, if successful he could get his money back via the Prem and enjoy the prestige in the meantime. I fear the future, and I’m not just talking about the possibility of relegation this season either.  WAWAW

12 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

We will be in deep kaka if DC gets fed up with all the dogs abuse he gets.

He can't recoup his financial outlay by selling the club, so then decides he's not putting in a penny more.

The lack of understanding of financial matters here at this club, especially from people generally supportive of the Chairman is absolutely staggering

The fact Chansiri has quite so much skin in the game actually means he has to keep funding us on a month to month basis - or we become unable to finance the club, and when we can't fund our commitments a winding up order would be served. The most likely would once again be HMRC.

And if that happens Chansiri loses pretty much everything he's put in.

So, the debt to him continues to grow, just to fund his incompetence. 

We are in a huge mess of the Chairman's making

10 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The lack of understanding of financial matters here at this club, especially from people generally supportive of the Chairman is absolutely staggering

The fact Chansiri has quite so much skin in the game actually means he has to keep funding us on a month to month basis - or we become unable to finance the club, and when we can't fund our commitments a winding up order would be served. The most likely would once again be HMRC.

The short version of this in all businesses is:

If I owe a supplier £10k it's my worry

If I owe a supplier £10m it's their worry

I wouldn’t want to be in a relation where I couldn’t have view or a voice, because the other might get angry and remove their finances.

If he walks, he walks - that’s a matter for him. As was buying in, in the first place.

The sycophancy and suplicancy of some, even at this stage, is sad.

The Clubs been for many generations - before and after him and me.

22 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Don't disagree with any of this.

It's the extra money needed for funding signings etc. That bothers me.

1 minute ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Don't disagree with any of this.

It's the extra money needed for funding signings etc. That bothers me.

Do you think if everyone keeps quiet, keeps the criticisms to themselves, it will all be OK?

He’s had a free hand so far - and that’s gone well? Fan against fan.

It’s now the least attractive Club in the City for recruiting and retaining a new fan base.

Whereas, Liverpool fans stood up to their owners in 2016, they backed down and actually apologised - look at how they have suffered?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/10/liverpool-back-down-ticket-prices-77

I’ve never understand the complete acceptance - (it’s worse than that, it’s support) - for this Master and Servant relationship.

10 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Do you think if everyone keeps quiet, keeps the criticisms to themselves, it will all be OK?

He’s had a free hand so far - and that’s gone well? Fan against fan.

It’s now the least attractive Club in the City for recruiting and retaining a new fan base.

Whereas, Liverpool fans stood up to their owners in 2016, they backed down and actually apologised - look at how they have suffered?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/10/liverpool-back-down-ticket-prices-77

I’ve never understand the complete acceptance - (it’s worse than that, it’s support) - for this Master and Servant relationship.

Not only that - but the absolute red faced anger directed at anybody who has the nerve to suggest anything other than he being the Messiah.

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Not only that - but the absolute red faced anger directed at anybody who has the nerve to suggest anything other than he being the Messiah.

I wouldn’t have thought our fan base could have behaved like that initially. The reaction and hostility on here, to certain posters and whistle blowers, was staggering. Wednesday fans behaving like that.

Have a couple of pints a week less, or stop smoking. Or, Get T’ Lane.

Contrast that as to how the Liverpool fans behaved.

Its shameful. Well, we reap what we sow.