Monks gone?

7 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I have to say that one shred of evidence to support Monk being a good manager would help me to understand where you are coming from.

I can't see a single achievement on his CV but I can see that he was fired at Swansea, Boro and Birmingham after relatively short spells in charge.

Results hare key and since Christmas I think we all agree these have been catastrophic.

In terms of a replacement I buy into Ash's post earlier saying that we are in a crisis situation and a short term appointment of either Warnock, Pulis plus Megson or Alladyce might work well for both parties.

Pulis most likely and is Paxo's mate.

Bad news for me as I hate him with a passion,  anyone who thought Monk's teams played boring football  jesus christ, get ready to want to scrape your own eyes out with a spoon. 

Still concerns me that we then go into our most important summer window for years without a manager and DC fannying around at Alton Towers while we yet against have to play catch up.

Warnock would divide the fanbase, DC wont know who Megson is and Allardyce wouldn't even answer the phone to DC)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

Didn’t Warnock once say ‘I’m a Blade thru and thru?’       

I’d be truly amazed if he managed you guys.

He also said if he managed us he would get us relegated and then retire. That wont stop some fans wanting him in still.

Edited by stocksyuto
  • Haha 1

Guest gizowl
23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Warnock

JESUS

CHRIST

Yep WARNOCK JESUS,  but if he'd took the job when Mandaric was chairman we might not be in this fcuking mess now. 

Guest gizowl
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Calm down sweary mary

lol

Well stop with the small minded approach, what we need right now is a strong experienced manager who short term can get some sort of response from that spineless squad we've got until the end of the season, then sort the squad out and build a side capable of moving us forward on a reduced budget. 

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Well stop with the small minded approach, what we need right now is a strong experienced manager who short term can get some sort of response from that spineless squad we've got until the end of the season, then sort the squad out and build a side capable of moving us forward on a reduced budget. 

Who would sort the squad out?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest gizowl
5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

We’ve got to get Monk out before we can debate the successor.

But they would have to be attack minded which rules out most of the afore mentioned 

Before we start been fussy on the style of play lets have a side that doesn't capitulate and lie down. Lets have one that battles and scraps and gives their all for the cause. 

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Before we start been fussy on the style of play lets have a side that doesn't capitulate and lie down. Lets have one that battles and scraps and gives their all for the cause. 

We have attacking possession based players or they used to be. I’m thinking of getting enough points to stay up !!!!

58 minutes ago, gizowl said:

The one similar to Wed night then ? 

33 minutes ago, PriceAPP said:

The one similar to Wed night then ? 

No, definitely not, Monk was manager....or Forest or Boro earlier in the season :biggrin::biggrin:

lol

(For those taking this way too seriously, it was a joke....see, I done lots of emojis!)

Never going to walk. A couple more results like the last 12 he will be sacked with a nice settlement.

He knows he is unlikely to get another gig at this level so it’s bide your time, get your cash then a stint in league 1