Morgan Fox

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

To be fair I am very surprised anyone is considering signing at this stage. Would you sign for a Championship club when they have the prospect of a points deduction hanging over them that could see them relegated? 

you would if you were offered decent terms relative to your ability 

17 minutes ago, torres said:

you would if you were offered decent terms relative to your ability 

He's been linked with other clubs and I am sure that as a free agent he would be able to get himself another Championship club in the summer. I doubt he is one of our bigger earners. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He's been linked with other clubs and I am sure that as a free agent he would be able to get himself another Championship club in the summer. I doubt he is one of our bigger earners. 

Players always seem to be linked with decent clubs once they are coming to an end of a contract - I may just be too cynical 

2 minutes ago, torres said:

Players always seem to be linked with decent clubs once they are coming to an end of a contract - I may just be too cynical 

I'm sure plenty of that kind of bluster is hyped in order to generate better contract deals but I am still sure if he was a free agent he would have takers in the Championship this summer.

2 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Players like fox are ten a penny

We should put you in charge of scouting and transfers. All our problems with the EFL would be solved in an instant.

It wouldn't matter if they embargoed us anyway, we could have a whole new team and still have change from a quid.lol

Edited by prowl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, prowl said:

We should put you in charge of scouting and transfers. All our problems with the EFL would be solved in an instant.

It wouldn't matter if they embargoed us anyway, we could have a whole new team and still have change from a quid.lol

Good call...i couldn't do any worse than the current recruitment team

22 hours ago, 0114 said:

I’m glad he’s improved, he’s a decent player not exceptional. I still don’t think he’s a first team player in a side that wins promotion. Still a position that needs strengthening regardless of him signing a deal. 

None of our players are good enough to go up, proved that over the last 4 seasons.

But there are players there at the right age to build a squad that may be good enough, given time.

2 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

None of our players are good enough to go up, proved that over the last 4 seasons.

But there are players there at the right age to build a squad that may be good enough, given time.

I agree regarding our squad not being good enough. Hence why I think we should be aiming to improve all areas. Morgan Fox is 27 this year. Hardly a young lad and I doubt you’ll see much else than we haven’t already seen over the last 3 years. Should be nothing more than a squad player and keeping players just out of fear you may not find better is not the right way to go. 

His form this season shows he is actually a better full back that the much respected Pudil. A good footballer not without skill who was given an absolutely torrid time in the two semi-final games against Brighton. .... and in several other games against better Championship teams when the opponents saw to play balls into the huge spaces he often vacated when pressing forward.

Fox is good enough to be in a team which achieves promotion.

48 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I agree regarding our squad not being good enough. Hence why I think we should be aiming to improve all areas. Morgan Fox is 27 this year. Hardly a young lad and I doubt you’ll see much else than we haven’t already seen over the last 3 years. Should be nothing more than a squad player and keeping players just out of fear you may not find better is not the right way to go. 

So 26 is now over the hill :sad: