Morgan Fox

I think he’s a very good defender at championship level. Attacking wise, he’s just pretty average. I’m also impressed with his professionalism given his torrid start and the abuse he’s got from the boo boys. To turn his career around like he has at swfc, full credit to the lad. 

Happy with him been tied up for another 2 years. No brainer. 

58 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Signing average will make us...average

Signing over-rated players that were good a couple of few years ago, poor recruitment and not selling players on like other clubs, as made us below average. There have only been a few positives this season, Fox is one of them, along with Iorfa, Fletcher and some of the youngsters. I think it's harsh on the likes of Fox to say he's average or we need better to succeed at this level, when we've only had a few bright sparks or consistent performers this season, one of which has been Fox.

Apart from that we've been very poor this season, again, and have stagnated and gone backwards, ever since the Wembley play off final and the Huddersfield semi final. We need to rebuild but at the same time, we need to get real about our own squad, get behind our own players; especially the improving and younger players, push them on and starting being more sensible as a club on and off the pitch. Yes, we need competition for places  to strengthen areas of the team that have needed strengthening ever since Wembley but we also need to bring through more of our own players. We also need to get even more out of our better or more consistent performers, by building around them and pushing them on with competition for their place in the team.

Can remember a lot of our fans, saying how average or poor some of the Pigs players and signings were but teams like that (and the likes of this weekends opponents) have left us behind on and off the pitch, whilst we've gone backwards with players with no resale value. Fox if he signs, would have resale value, he has been one of our better players for over a year and he's not far off a place in a decent Welsh squad too. If we let him go or sold him, more than a few clubs would gladly take him, whereas we can't get rid of the likes of Rhodes, etc.

Edited by The Night-Owl

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Even promotion sides don't have 11 top 6 standard players. They probably have 2 or 3 exceptional players, 5 or 6, top 6 team players and the rest are mid championship standard.

I'd say Fox is good enough, better than a lot give him credit for. Not a world beater but neither will he let you down. Let's face it we aren't going to be promotion standard next year anyway. It's going to be a transition year, a year of settling a lot of new players in and maybe the year after we might challenge.

Tend to agree, but I’m a little worried about where our exceptional players are coming from.   Not sure many / any of our current squad would survive in the Premier League.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Signing over-rated players that were good a couple of few years ago, poor recruitment and not selling players on like other clubs, as made us below average. There have only been a few positives this season, Fox is one of them, along with Iorfa, Fletcher and some of the youngsters. I think it's harsh on the likes of Fox to say he's average or we need better to succeed at this level, when we've only had a few bright sparks or consistent performers this season, one of which has been Fox.

Apart from that we've been very poor this season, again, and have stagnated and gone backwards, ever since the Wembley play off final and the Huddersfield semi final. We need to rebuild but at the same time, we need to get real about our own squad, get behind our own players; especially the improving and younger players, push them on and starting being more sensible as a club on and off the pitch. Yes, we need competition for places  to strengthen areas of the team that have needed strengthening ever since Wembley but we also need to bring through more of our own players. We also need to get even more out of our better or more consistent performers, by building around them and pushing them on with competition for their place in the team.

Can remember a lot of our fans, saying how average or poor some of the Pigs players and signings were but teams like that have left us behind on and off the pitch, whilst we've gone backwards with players with no resale value. Fox of he signs, would have resale value, he has been one of our better players for over a year and he's not far off a place in a decent Welsh squad too. If we let him go or sold him, more than a few clubs would gladly take him, whereas we can't get rid of the likes of Rhodes, etc.

I actually agree with much of what you say but for me he's not good enough. I prefer full backs that can defend and attack. Fox is really poor going forward imo

10 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

I actually agree with much of what you say but for me he's not good enough. I prefer full backs that can defend and attack. Fox is really poor going forward imo

Fair enough and I would like that from them too but seems to me out of our full backs, Fox as not only improved his defending but this season, he's had the most end product or attacking threat out of any of them? He's played good enough for us this season and partly last season to be in Ryan Giggs' thoughts and without our drastic dip in form as a team after Christmas, he may have made the Welsh squad for the Euro's but still might be not far off it?

For me he's been a positive this season but we haven't had enough positives this season or ever since the failed play off campaigns. Personally, I'd rebuild around the likes of Fox; Iorfa, Fletcher, Luongo and some of the younger players, and try and bring in more athletic; aggressive, creative and pacier players, plus players on the rise or yet to make a name of themselves, with resale value.

Edited by The Night-Owl

2 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

We are average, we are middle of the table and sinking. If we don't buck up we will be lucky to have a player of Fox's calibre.

1 hour ago, Steve Down South said:

Tend to agree, but I’m a little worried about where our exceptional players are coming from.   Not sure many / any of our current squad would survive in the Premier League.

We've got Fletcher who is exceptional for this division, this season. Next season? Who knows?

Even Fletcher couldn't quite hack it in the Premiership. In his day he was good enough but eventually he had to drop to the Championship. If he is our best player then none of the others would be good enough unless Iorfa can step up or one of the U23's starts to shine.

1 hour ago, meggoisgod said:

If only we had a team that can defend and attack! 

Fox is a solid player and to sign someone of equivalent quality would cost us more than we paid for him and/or cost more than the 2 years worth of contract 

To sign better is, as much as this pains me, unrealistic at present

7 hours ago, torres said:

You can not fault his attitude and desire to succeed here at this club, that i applaud.

Personally, if our ambitions are to get promoted, i think we need better as our starting left back.

Agree with this. I think he has earned the offer of a new contract this season but he needs proper competition for a place in the side. 

21 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The bigger worry for me is they have been discussing his contract since before Xmas 3 months to sign a player. Fletcher could be in his 40's before DC resigns him at this rate. lol

To be fair I am very surprised anyone is considering signing at this stage. Would you sign for a Championship club when they have the prospect of a points deduction hanging over them that could see them relegated? 

3 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Average is wishful thinking at the moment, we have been largely awful for over 2 months.