Morgan Fox

4 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Players like fox are ten a penny

Ok I’ll bite, I’ll spend a penny... can you please name me 10 Left Backs that would cost the same or less than Fox whilst being a proven leftback at this level. 

6 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

So 26 is now over the hill :sad: 

No the guy before said he was a player of the right age that will improve. I think at 27 you are at your peak and kind of know what your getting by now. 

7 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Clearly not but that doesn't mean we have to re sign fox hes absolute fkn garbage

So in your list of players we need to spend money on, some are past it, some have never played a championship game but sure ten a penny, players like fox... 

Good age, free, knows the squad, experienced championship player. 

Maybe leftbscks are ten a penny, but players like fox not so much. 

26 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Clearly not but that doesn't mean we have to re sign fox hes absolute fkn garbage

Probably wouldn't put it quite as strongly mate but I do agree with you.

For all his 'improvement' there is so little energy and bite to this lads game.

Gets a decent block or cross in occasionally but is so slow and ponderous. One of several regulars that simply aren't good enough.... not to progress but even to avoid relegation as things are going.

I would hold off on a new contract, he's had a decent season, much improved and well done for that. However, I feel we have been that bad that it's made him look better than he necessarily has been. 

Clearly we need a new manager and I would wait for him to assess things. 

Although he’ll not be on the wages of others, and he has improved this season, but he isn’t good enough for a first team place at championship level. As we are likely to be in League 1, it might turn out OK but, seriously, if we were to stay up this shows a lack of awareness of what we need to compete.

The whole Fox thing is an absolute myth. He was booed because he was fkn appalling. Now the sympathy vote has kicked in. We fail to win 2 out of every 3 games he plays. When will people wake up to the fact hes an absolute liability. He is part of the problem. Get rid whilst we can. A new contract is madness

7 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

So in your list of players we need to spend money on, some are past it, some have never played a championship game but sure ten a penny, players like fox... 

Good age, free, knows the squad, experienced championship player. 

Maybe leftbscks are ten a penny, but players like fox not so much.