Bannan spatting...

He was a great player a few seasons back.

He has had his moments since, but I think a lot of the praise he receives is for the clear ability he possess rather than what is happening on the pitch on a week by week basis.

I'm increasingly of the view that Bazza doesn't know how to get the best out of himself. Can be only explanation why season after season he seems more content with dropping deeper and deeper.

Yes, every now and then he will turn it on and Sky will give him MOTM. But for a while now he's been absolute rubbish and Pep Guardiola giving him some lip service wont convince me otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He was a great player a few seasons back.

He has had his moments since, but I think a lot of the praise he receives is for the clear ability he possess rather than what is happening on the pitch on a week by week basis.

I'm increasingly of the view that Bazza doesn't know how to get the best out of himself. Can be only explanation why season after season he seems more content with dropping deeper and deeper.

Yes, every now and then he will turn it on and Sky will give him MOTM. But for a while now he's been absolute rubbish and Pep Guardiola giving him some lip service wont convince me otherwise.

Sij knows better than Pep WTF:

10 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The OP wasn't about his talent....It was about not utilising that talent and f.ookin' shoutin' at another player at a time we need that talent cos the sodding balls still in play!

He's a little, balding, ginger haired Jock.....I'm not sure what you expect to be honest.

• Haha 4

Just now, SiJ said:

No, he doesn't, but Bannan has been crap for a while now.

No, he hasn't. He's been below par but crap is just lazy talk. He was very good at Birmingham as an example and was also good against Charlton. That's two of his last four games.

Tonight he was up.against some of the best midfielders in Europe with headless chicken Da Cruz in front of him, Mr Invisible alongside him. Would love to know what you expected him to do tonight?

But yeah, let's all.get the face on because he berates Tom Lees for passing the ball into touch for the umpteenth time in the last month.

Was chewing FF’s ear off in centre circle after their goal. FF’s head just dropped completely after that, then got subbed. People are different, sometimes a different approach is needed to get a better reaction from someone. Not just kicking off at someone for a f.uck up... 9/10 time that person will know they f.ucked up. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mole said:

Noticed this last week against Charlton. He's a very angry man and the captain? Not sure I'd be fully behind the main man (on field) dishing out absolute pelters like he does

A captain should be highly vocal and full of encouragement ... the complete opposite of the two current incumbents 

and a guaranteed starter 

Fletcher for me 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

A captain should be highly vocal and full of encouragement ... the complete opposite of the two current incumbents 

and a guaranteed starter 

Fletcher for me 

Players I’d rather captain us than Lees/Bannan.... in no order: Fox, Fletch, Borner, Iorfa, Dawson, Palmer

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Players I’d rather captain us than Lees/Bannan.... in no order: Fox, Fletch, Borner, Iorfa, Dawson, Palmer

we’re on a similar hymn sheet 

using that list I’d have the following order of preference 

Fletcher, Iorfa, Fox, Palmer (I wouldn’t have Dawson (for no reason other than it shouldn’t be a GK) and Borner only because he shouldn’t be a guaranteed starter (though he’s both vocal and encouraging)) 

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Whenever we okay really we’ll then Bannan is having a good game. The problem is that he’s surrounded by a sea of sh ite at the moment and he’s getting frustrated. He’s a great player in a great team but needs players to move, make runs and want the f**king ball. 

Oh come on, let’s be honest.  He’s not a great player and he wouldn’t get in a great team - much like Hutchinson, who you also seem to regard quite highly.  He’s one of our best for sure, but unfortunately not Premier League quality.

Hold on a minute, so our Captain has been telling a few home truths to some of the players everyone has been saying are to lazy and not fit to wear the shirt for the last month. 

And we are having a go at him for it..............

Bannan was poor, outclassed and the game passed him by which is forgivable against a quality side like Man City but the issue is ever since Christmas our midfield have been making the likes of Wigan; Luton, Blackburn, Birmingham and Derby, etc look like top sides.

What was most noticeable to me, was how much Bannan and Lee dropped back, whilst we began pressing and passing forward when young Alex Hunt came on. Hunt's ball into the box, that just eluded Fletcher, was the type of cross into the box that Bannan should be doing and was doing before Christmas and during our failed play off campaigns.

When the chips are down, players like Bannan seem to go missing or drop back, when they should be driving the team on or taking charge, like the likes of Iorfa; Fox, Forestieri and Hunt did or tried to do at times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’d be pissed off if I saw my defenders weeing about with it in the penalty box rather than getting it up the pitch.....much like we did for 90% of the time we had the ball 

sometimes it’s unwarranted but, from what I saw, Bannan was well within his rights to have a go 

I'm gonna go with Peps opinion on Bannan over a load of idiots on owlstalk who wouldn't know a footballer if he smashed a ball in their faces, most of whom who got their opinion watching the match on TV