Bannan spatting...

‘Bannan been crap for months’

I really worry what other fans actually watch when they go to games. Best player we have by some distance and makes the team tick.

No coincidence that every team we come up against the manager always mentions BB. 

Guest LittleG
7 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Hold on a minute, so our Captain has been telling a few home truths to some of the players everyone has been saying are to lazy and not fit to wear the shirt for the last month. 

And we are having a go at him for it..............

Shouldnt do it in the middle of a game, especially one where he was also guilty of not watching the ball and doing his job properly. There was an instance in second half where he was too busy having a go at FF for not coming back to help(when in fairness he had been all night) and the ball bounced between him and Lees. BB didn't see at first and Lees too slow so Man City player nicked it. I like BB but he needs to concentrate on his own game. 

Barry Bannan is our most talented player. I worry that it might be his last season with us.

Seems to be getting frustrated a lot more with the players around him and its possibly his last opportunity of playing in their premiership.

Let's appreciate what we have whilst we have it because our club is in dismay and on a downward spiral. It wont be long until we have Potter and Lunt back in the middle.

8 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Shouldnt do it in the middle of a game, especially one where he was also guilty of not watching the ball and doing his job properly. There was an instance in second half where he was too busy having a go at FF for not coming back to help(when in fairness he had been all night) and the ball bounced between him and Lees. BB didn't see at first and Lees too slow so Man City player nicked it. I like BB but he needs to concentrate on his own game. 

Agree but as captain he was probably told to get stuck into players to make sure they are working hard. Just needed to pick his times to do so better.

Jesus,footballer shouting at his teamates shock horror.I've never played in a team in my life who didn'n t have at least one who did my head in with the constant whining and whingeing.

That's footy folks,problem is the one moaning is usually one of your better players so you just put up with it.

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, torres said:

He has to watch half the team hoof it out of play every 5 minutes  - i'd be doing my nut if i were him 

Unfortunately he also does that himself as well. The point of the thread was about BB berating players during the game, this doesnt help anybody if hes constantly on their backs; perhaps he should concentrate on his own game a bit more.

11 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Unfortunately he also does that himself as well. The point of the thread was about BB berating players during the game, this doesnt help anybody if hes constantly on their backs; perhaps he should concentrate on his own game a bit more.

one minute people are saying the team is weak, the next we can't see players having a go at each other??

He is the ONLY one that ever opens his mouth - yes there are ways to go about it but most of the time i agree with him.

On the flip side he is usually the only one that praises anyone if they do well.

We are like a team of mutes  - go through the team and ask yourself if you have ever seen them encouraging/shouting/advising 

It's not a kick about in the park (i know it looks like that most of the time)

Guest LittleG
11 minutes ago, torres said:

one minute people are saying the team is weak, the next we can't see players having a go at each other??

He is the ONLY one that ever opens his mouth - yes there are ways to go about it but most of the time i agree with him.

On the flip side he is usually the only one that praises anyone if they do well.

We are like a team of mutes  - go through the team and ask yourself if you have ever seen them encouraging/shouting/advising 

It's not a kick about in the park (i know it looks like that most of the time)

I like BB but he needs to cut out all this throwing his arms in the air and having a go at players. There's nothing wrong with being vocal BB seems to be constant negativity. Like you say above what about encouraging/advising instead of rollicking. He's too busy doing his thing that it's effecting his game.

11 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

busting a gut here

Been prevalent a lot this and last season .. lot of arm waving, gesturing and spitting the dummy out at others ..

10 hours ago, Mus said:

He's just passionate, for god's sake don't knock him for that!

That doesn't give him the right to berate or chastise players that f*ck up or that aren't as good..

He's like one of those players at a kick about or Sunday morning, an ex pro or semi pro that expects bums like us to be at the same level as him then goes bonkers when we mess up or don't pass them the ball or run the ball out of play. Kids are trying but they just aren't up to it

He's got to realise though that he's the captain. Nobody likes being berated negatively. Captains job is to lead by example and cajole those around him positively.

He's been woefully off form himself as well ... fed up of those shiddy pirouettes while on the ball or the useless hollywood pass that leads nowhere.

Get your head down, get driving forward and be the catalyst. Not arm waving and whinging.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vulva said:

Went on the North tonight and really noticed this for the first time. Bannan is a very good footballer but I’m surprised one if his teammates doesn’t lamp him when he throws his arms up in the air like a 9 year old. 

He sells Fox short every time and then screams him out. 

18 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Last couple of.minutes v Derby, 0-3  and he was trying to gee players up. We can pick out the negative moments but there's another side to it.

There is and you're clearly a fan, as am I. But he's not immune to criticism especially as he dishes it out regular enough. He's vice captain and getting players going is part of his job. He ought to get his head down and show us what a good player he is rather than showing us how bad his teammates are.