Those Celebrations

1 hour ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

The players celebrated like we scored the winner in the Champions league final,  promotion back to the premiership or more likely know the players are getting a bonus in their paypacket 

That was a big goal tonight. Wasn’t pretty but we needed that.

Great to see those celebrations

11 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Fletcher came over to the North Stand at the final whistle. He was loving it.

Fletcher reignited his dislike with their keeper ... He was possessed when celebrating ... like if any of us had scored that winner, his face was a beautiful mixture of joy and utter rage

im 48 and I really should be too old for screaming utter vitriol at (If I remembermy words correctly) bent nosed bar steward cockney van car bowyer and scruffy pikey carnt Johnny Jackson ... thank goodness I’m not ... UTFO

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes
  • Haha 4

I love the sheer incoherence of those moments...Folk just make noises....God Knows what I look like...Me lad says I just do some sort of daft "Dad" dance an' shout "ODIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or summat.

I'm 62 FFS!.....I could easily die from overexuberance...but its just..I mean..... Charlton............ for the sake of f.ookery....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's so important for us to realise how different those awesome scenes would be if we had VAR. The goal was completely fine, but there is absolutely no way under VAR that the players or fans could know that. 

We need to make our voices heard to stop it coming to the championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

I love the sheer incoherence of those moments...Folk just make noises....God Knows what I look like...Me lad says I just do some sort of daft "Dad" dance an' shout "ODIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or summat.

I'm 62 FFS!.....I could easily die from overexuberance...but its just..I mean..... Charlton............ for the sake of f.ookery....

Haha know what you mean I’m 62 and overdo the celebrations sometimes and go dizzy and have to sit down , Don’t care who it’s against though 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, sturutter said:

It's so important for us to realise how different those awesome scenes would be if we had VAR. The goal was completely fine, but there is absolutely no way under VAR that the players or fans could know that. 

We need to make our voices heard to stop it coming to the championship.

Good point.

But to do that, we need to cut down the moaning at the refs, and accept that they’re doing their best in difficult circumstances.

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Heard hutch, westwood, Winnall and Rhodes were in Charlton end, and threw their bovrils on the floor when we scored and stormed out.

Hope not, it will have scolded the concrete!

Was saying to the old man on the way down the only way to deal with the form that we’ve been in is try not to get angry and try to laugh at it, otherwise it’s just depressing. When that goal went in I celebrated like a mad man and honestly thought I’d broke a rib or punctured a lung. I just completely lost control

on the way back was saying to him that I had a massive lump in my throat celebrating the goal, because deep down as much as you try to laugh the form off and take the p*ss deep down you still care and the sheer relief of a win finally in the last bloody minute was flippingbrill!