Jacob Murphy

17 minutes ago, GHS said:

Only real shining light from yesterday.

Got his head down and worked hard down that right hand side. Didn't shirk from tackles and was our only attacking outlet.

Credit where credit is due.

Agree, but a couple of decent balls in as well that were there to be attacked and put away... Would have been ideal for fletcher. 

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Don’t come on here talking about the bloody football, the club is falling apart for God’s sake. At least have a rumour or a story of doom to relate.

lol

Just adding a smidge of positivity to a guy who has received some flack this season.

only JM, FF and Liam Palmer looked decent yesterday and bothered.

Just now, GHS said:

Just adding a smidge of positivity to a guy who has received some flack this season.

only JM, FF and Liam Palmer looked decent yesterday and bothered.

I voted for Murphy as MOM btw.

Thought Nuhiu put the effort in before going off too. Though lacking in quality.

Just now, theowlsman said:

I voted for Murphy as MOM btw.

Thought Nuhiu put the effort in before going off too. Though lacking in quality.

‘Although FF played well I feel the smart move would have been Murphy starting with Da Cruz playing off Nuhiu. He was too far away to link up sitting on the wing.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

That chance from the left side if he'd dived for it either with his foot or his head he had a tap in IMO (at least it looked that way live and with the replays). So no praise from me for his performance!

Murphy did well yesterday.

Especially considering Monk's bizarre decision to leave 2 men up front and expect Murphy to cover the entire right side by himself. Bizarre that instead of moving Forestieri wide after the red card (either to the right wing or to the left with Harris switching) he was left to toddle around upfront barely seeing the ball whilst Reading had 2 men against Murphy on the right side.  Surely that's basic tactical nous?