Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

5 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Signing the likes of Green surely means Monk is looking to go to 4-3-3 otherwise Green is a complete waste of a wage

Go get an actual centre forward with pace and a midfielder who can create

You might think So he can start by letting the development teams go back to playing 4-3-3, as none of the sides have one a game since Monk asked them to switch

26 minutes ago, OrlandoUnTrustful said:

QPR have a few major advantages over us

•A manager who has had 3 transfer windows without an embargo 
•A club that has just sold their star player for £20mill and is reinvesting shrewdly 

•A club that knows it’s style of play and buys players to suit that system 

•A London postcode 

Right now we need to be looking at QPR as our level and model.

If we are playing 3/5/2 we need to buy and plan for that formation.

Our transfer model has to be wing backs, strikers and powerful, physical and pacey central midfield players. We are craving pace and someone who can play off Paterson. Windass isn’t the answer.

They are very average, as are we. I wouldn't model ourselves on them. A team we would have beaten, despite losing 2 of our best players before the game and 3 defenders during it, had we not gone down to 10 men. 

I'll concede they sold well, money to spend and a desirable postcode, but I've been pleased with our recruitment over the last 18 months or so. 

• Like 1

If lees hadn’t gone off we’d av won that game.. but no denying it looks like it’s going to be one tough long season we’re we unlikely to score enough goals the way we are playing and set up? Just not creating or look like creating enough chances over a game?

I like others are hoping this is a typo and we are actually in the mix for Andre Gray. Getting I another player in Andre Green who’s primary position is one that we don’t use in our set up worries me a little. The only thing I can think is that the recruitment guys who used to be at Villa believe he can work in another role for us maybe?

1 minute ago, Swiss Toni said:

I like others are hoping this is a typo and we are actually in the mix for Andre Gray. Getting I another player in Andre Green who’s primary position is one that we don’t use in our set up worries me a little. The only thing I can think is that the recruitment guys who used to be at Villa believe he can work in another role for us maybe?

Possibly that, there has always been the thought floating about that Andre Green, might have the potential to be a forward, and that despite his goals record

3 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

We do seem to like taking players and trying to change their primary roles. Do we have time to do that this season? 

Since Cardiff on the opening day, we've offered very little going forward and no surprise that's where the tinkering is happening with newly assigned wingbacks and strikers. 

I’d be happy with Gray or Green.

We should’ve signed Gray instead of Rhodes before Burnley did. If he’s up for it he’s perfect for this league and I’d prefer him to Zohore.

Green is a winger but could do the Murphy role from the back end of last season. Had a lot of promise so don’t know where it’s gone wrong for him 

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful
34 minutes ago, striker said:

They are very average, as are we. I wouldn't model ourselves on them. A team we would have beaten, despite losing 2 of our best players before the game and 3 defenders during it, had we not gone down to 10 men. 

I'll concede they sold well, money to spend and a desirable postcode, but I've been pleased with our recruitment over the last 18 months or so. 

I’m saying we should buy players to suit our system and not stockpile. Like it or not they are at our level and we need to sell some players to generate funds to invest in our squad. 

Just now, OrlandoUnTrustful said:

I’m saying we should buy players to suit our system and not stockpile. Like it or not they are at our level and we need to sell some players to generate funds to invest in our squad. 

Did you not notice how many players we released in the summer  including the U23s?

Just now, OrlandoUnTrustful said:

Don't disagree, but can only sell if someone wants to buy. We've released an awful lot and have a smaller squad then we have in previous seasons. 

Completely agree about buying players to suit the system. Think we've tried to do that, but within our means to remain sustainable. When complying with FFP these are the types of players you are allowed to afford.