Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

We need to sign a winger with pace and that can actually create chances and a striker to put the ball in the net before the window closes. We still look so weak going forward, if we don’t address these problems there is only one way the season will go and the club will only have themselves to blame. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

A LWB that can cross is essential. If we did get Zahore we would play him with Patterson and that would mean Windass would move to RWB, would have to see if that would work out

Penney? :ph34r:

(I'm not sure Windass will ever be a wing back)

4 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

A LWB that can cross is essential. If we did get Zahore we would play him with Patterson and that would mean Windass would move to RWB, would have to see if that would work out

We have a lwb that can cross played yesterday? Give reach a run of games there were he is comfortable and sure that will be one problem solved? He isn’t and never will be a striker of cm left hand side all day long? Wotever funds we have gota be someone who knows where the back of the net is

• Like 3

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful
51 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Did you not notice how many players we released in the summer  including the U23s?

We have

1 out and out striker 

2 wingers 

3 goalkeepers 

6 central defenders

6 central midfielders 

The squad is dangerously unbalanced and I think we will need another fire sale next summer before it starts getting better.

1 hour ago, Night King said:

It’s not going to be the one from Watford he’s on about 100k per weekend half of the league will want him if he becomes available in a wage split deal. Delusional if you think he’s a possibility. 

Agreed, adding to this why would he want to sign for a side currently 8 points from safety when he could have his pick of quite a few sides sat far above us in the league.

Guest wilyfox

Would take Green. We need someone with end product to put pressure on Harris for his place, who is getting away with producing fookall. 

15 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Would take Green. We need someone with end product to put pressure on Harris for his place, who is getting away with producing fookall. 

have to admit I don’t know a great deal about Green? Would he be signed as a wing back to rival Harris? Is he a creative player? Completely agree with you about Harris. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Guest wilyfox
14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

have to admit I don’t know a great deal about Green? Would he be signed as a wing back to rival Harris? Is he a creative player? Completely agree with you about Harris. 

younger version of. Good age. Reasonably quick. A bit taller. Quite strong. Can cross, can finish. Needs to step out of his comfort zone at Villa and forge a senior career somewhere before it passes him by. 

15 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

younger version of. Good age. Reasonably quick. A bit taller. Quite strong. Can cross, can finish. Needs to step out of his comfort zone at Villa and forge a senior career somewhere before it passes him by. 

has he played as wing back before? I always thought he was more of an out and out winger. Something we don’t seem to play with

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

has he played as wing back before? I always thought he was more of an out and out winger. Something we don’t seem to play with

Reach & Harris aren’t wing-backs either - nor was Murphy, but we try to convert them which is fine so long as they’re prepared to get up’n down and get stuck in. Reach had his best game for a while yday which is encouraging.

I like Harris, but he needs challenging for a lack of end product. Green may push him.

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Reach & Harris aren’t wing-backs either - nor was Murphy, but we try to convert them which is fine so long as they’re prepared to get up’n down and get stuck in. Reach had his best game for a while yday which is encouraging.

I like Harris, but he needs challenging for a lack of end product. Green may push him.

Personally think Reach is the best option for wing back (given a run of games) than anyone we currently have a the club. He provided a good outlet yesterday and an assist.

Palmer - no good in the final third.

Odubajo - no good at defending in the box.

Harris - end product often lacking.

Penney - not experiences enough.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Personally think Reach is the best option for wing back (given a run of games) than anyone we currently have a the club. He provided a good outlet yesterday and an assist.

He kinda was alright yesterday, but the link up with our left sided centre back, VanAken, was non existent, and really should have been exploited more by the Londoners. Going forward isn’t an issue, sure he isn’t dynamic, making lung busting runs, but he does get up and down, and can deliver a good cross. It’s further back where I have an issue with him in this position, he is defensively unaware of what might be going on behind, and of course, can’t tackle to save his life

• Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox
21 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

With Murphy gone, Reach is our most potent wing-back. No doubt about that. The pleasing thing was him asking to go back there and put in a determined performance to prove himself again. That’s what he needs to do - and what we need him to do. At his best, his contribution is comparable to what Murphy gave us.

Still need another winger good in 1v1s. We’ve only Harris who can square up a defender and take him on. Need someone to compete with him.