Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

10 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Chris Martin signs for Bristol City 

Shocked me that they’re signing a striker like him - maybe changing tact with a new manager.

Chris Brunt soon to follow apparently 

They got Joe Williams from Wigan as well. Brought together good group of players. 

24 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

When we have players choosing the likes of Birmingham City and Stoke City over us, we really aren’t going to be competing with Bristol City in the transfer market which is a shame as I think Chris Martin would’ve been an excellent signing.

Some players just don’t want to sign for a club starting the season on minus 12 points.

Cheers Dejphon.

We were never in for Chris Martin.

5 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

We were never in for Chris Martin.

No,No,No,thats not it,how dare a player choose Brum or Stoke or even Bristol City before at least having the opportunity to refuse swfc (even tho we have shown no interest),that way the chairman/club bashing can continue.........................ya get me ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

A 2yr deal with an option of an extra year on his money ??

Nah, not for me cheers 

would you have been happy if we kept Fletcher? A player 2 years older than Martin and probably on more money? Fletcher was one of our better players the last couple of years imo and did a very good job. I think we need someone to come in and replace Fletcher. Martin imo would have done a good job. 

Guest wilyfox
40 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Chris Martin signs for Bristol City 

Well there goes the most suitable championship freebie to suit our needs, in my opinion. Just have to hope we have the money to sign better.

Just now, wilyfox said:

Well there goes the most suitable championship freebie to suit our needs, in my opinion. Just have to hope we have the money to sign better.

exactly this. As a realistic signing I think he would have been a very good option. Some of the players people are suggesting unfortunately we won’t be able to attract now imo. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

would you have been happy if we kept Fletcher? A player 2 years older than Martin and probably on more money? Fletcher was one of our better players the last couple of years imo and did a very good job. I think we need someone to come in and replace Fletcher. Martin imo would have done a good job. 

Nope,  Fletcher is one of the best on his day at this level but unfortunately injuries are a major issue with him , we was far far too reliant on him and it needed to change 

Absolutely no dramas with him been at Stoke,  he’s on 25 a week easy aswell ,  if Bristol bring in Brunt along with Martin that’s gotta be circa £50k a week.... for a 31yr old and a 35yr old ?  I’ve had enough of been that club who deals out last big pay days 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I think our best hope is a loan to be honest. Not many good players will sign for a club on -12 points. As realistically its 2 years before you can even hope to play premier league football.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I think our best hope is a loan to be honest. Not many good players will sign for a club on -12 points. As realistically its 2 years before you can even hope to play premier league football.

yes I think you might be right with that. We have signed some decent players but a player with the added quality we need imo won’t tie them self to a club that are in our position. A loan player that can go back at the end of the season if the worst does happen is probably the most realistic. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I disagree, our business has been encouraging so far this window. I just think it’s a competitive market, we’re not throwing silly money around anymore which makes the competition that bit harder.

• Like 1

Bristol City talked about wanting to continue their policy of finding younger players but Martin on a 2/3 year deal and Brunt to follow is more akin to our approach under carlos. 

Maybe they feel it is the missing ingredient to help some of their younger players. But if it doesn’t work this season then it gets harder and they will be on ok money too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

If you don’t believe that this 12 point deduction is having a negative affect on our attempts to bring in new players, you aren’t living in the real world.

I highlighted the examples of Stoke and Birmingham because we WERE interested in the services of Fox, Fletcher and Leko next season and they chose them over us. Under normal circumstances nobody will convince me that those clubs are more attractive destinations than Wednesday.

What our chairman has done is made the managers job ridiculously difficult in trying to attract players to the club. You might not want to hear it because you had a nice day out at Wembley a few years ago but that’s the reality of the situation.

Fox- I bet he couldn’t wait to move after the dogs abuse he got from the fanbase 

Fletcher- offered a better deal from Stoke than we were prepared to offer, and I honestly don’t think we should have tried to match their offer. 

don’t know about Leko 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

If you don’t believe that this 12 point deduction is having a negative affect on our attempts to bring in new players, you aren’t living in the real world.

I highlighted the examples of Stoke and Birmingham because we WERE interested in the services of Fox, Fletcher and Leko next season and they chose them over us. Under normal circumstances nobody will convince me that those clubs are more attractive destinations than Wednesday.

What our chairman has done is made the managers job ridiculously difficult in trying to attract players to the club. You might not want to hear it because you had a nice day out at Wembley a few years ago but that’s the reality of the situation.

Fox and Fletcher chose Stoke because they offered more ££££££

And if you believe owt else your deluded 

7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Fox took dogs abuse from a large section of the fan base for the majority of his time with us. Many still argue he’s not good enough.

Steven Fletcher was offered a huge wage reduction by us. Hardly surprising he moved on.

22 year old Leko opted to stay in his home city with a club who, for the majority of his life will have been seen as a bigger club than ourselves.

Dunkley had numerous suitors in the Championship. Brown could have moved to half the division. The young lad from Man City had options. 

Some players may see the deduction as a reason not to sign, I’d argue the vast majority won’t. We still have an extremely competitive core of players and, a huge fan base. We have pulling power like many others in the division. 

• Like 1