Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

3 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Friend of a friend reckons we are in for Borja Baston - striker from Villa. 

Hope so, okay only 13 goals in his last 80 odd games but those were at a higher level than the championship and I think he’d complement having Windass, Kachunga, Brown playing off him.  Also the right side of 30, unlike Gestede and Martin 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Shame it looks like Martin is going to Bristol City, think he is just what we need. 

Am not overly concerned, he would have been a good short term fix

Never rated Martin personally other than holding ball up struggle to think of anything else he’s particularly good at. His scoring record is average at best and he’s wrong side of 30. Not exactly young and dynamic that Monk is after. Think we could do better even with the limited budget (no idea who before anybody asks) 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Never rated Martin personally other than holding ball up struggle to think of anything else he’s particularly good at. His scoring record is average at best and he’s wrong side of 30. Not exactly young and dynamic that Monk is after. Think we could do better even with the limited budget (no idea who before anybody asks) 😂

I think we need a bit of experience up front now, we have a bit more youth in the squad but I think a bit of know how is important to bring the rest of the players in to the game up top. Martin seems like a no nonsense player, someone that will stand up for himself and not get pushed about and chip in with goals. We need something like that imo. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

I think we need a bit of experience up front now, we have a bit more youth in the squad but I think a bit of know how is important to bring the rest of the players in to the game up top. 

Don’t necessarily disagree with that but I’d be looking at someone with a bit more dynamism to their game if possible. Windass and Kachunga aren’t exactly fresh off the line and even Izzy Brown has plenty of loans under his belt.

13 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Don’t necessarily disagree with that but I’d be looking at someone with a bit more dynamism to their game if possible. Windass and Kachunga aren’t exactly fresh off the line and even Izzy Brown has plenty of loans under his belt.

Of course that would be good but I’m not sure what players are out there we could attract like that. I guess I was just thinking of Martin because he is available and has a lot of Championship experience. Windass, Kachunga and Brown are decent players, Brown especially but I just feel they need someone up top as a focal point, it really is the missing piece of the jigsaw that needs addressing ASAP imo.  We can’t wait until the next transfer window for this as Monk briefly mentioned. 

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

Chris Martin signs for Bristol City 

Chris Brunt soon to follow apparently 

When we have players choosing the likes of Birmingham City and Stoke City over us, we really aren’t going to be competing with Bristol City in the transfer market which is a shame as I think Chris Martin would’ve been an excellent signing.

Some players just don’t want to sign for a club starting the season on minus 12 points.

Cheers Dejphon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2