Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Linked again with Clarke-Salter, this time on the Derbyshire Live site. Not sure if it’s not just a rehashed old story, as I’m sure I read that Lampard wanted to keep him and involve him in the first team squad. 
Personally, I think he will go out again, maybe later in the window

3 hours ago, 83owl said:

We shouldn’t be letting players run into their final years. If they are any good then surely we will get bids for them and we let them go, if they have a good season then good that hopefully pushes us up the league. if they aren’t any good then they will leave on a free and we replace them. 

This ridiculous stockpiling of players and hero worshipping average championship players has to stop. So does 5 year contracts and huge salaries.

We are losing nearly 100k every week just on Westwood, Rhodes and Lees, 3 players who no other club in the league would take off our hands on a free transfer if they had to match their wages.

Two years with an option for the club to extend to a third should be standard imo

Guest wilyfox
14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Good news, Nathan Holland has now been told he can go out on loan Bad news is, QPR are favourites to sign him, although Burnley want him on a permanent deal No mention of our interest now🙁

FFS

23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Good news, Nathan Holland has now been told he can go out on loan Bad news is, QPR are favourites to sign him, although Burnley want him on a permanent deal No mention of our interest now🙁

Ffs typical Wednesday. We should have got him when the rumour first started. 

Guest wilyfox
9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I do wonder how many of those original targets, the youngsters that caused me to think we were heading in the right direction, will actually sign for us

I genuinely believe we’re trying. Simmonds & Leko are proof of that, but to no avail. Lubala might not have had substance anyway. Holland would have been a great alternative to Murphy. Perhaps we’ll go for a different type in Sanderson?

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I genuinely believe we’re trying. Simmonds & Leko are proof of that, but to no avail. Lubala might not have had substance anyway. Holland would have been a great alternative to Murphy. Perhaps we’ll go for a different type in Sanderson?

I still wouldn’t rule us out getting Simmonds at some stage.

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Some, like Hickey for example, were always going to be difficult, likewise Garner, who was bound to stimulate interest. We may still get Garner, and possibly Holland also. Leko I think would have been an excellent signing. Yes we do appear to still be looking at quality, and hopefully we will get a few in by the end of the window. I guess I’m just a bit wary after what happened last season, when we said similar things, and then it never happened. We’ve added some ballast to the squad, rather like we did last year, with the signings of Dunkley, Windass and Kachunga, now we need to add that extra quality.

1 minute ago, Tea Baggins said:

I still think this has got legs....

Most of the signings we’ve made over the last 12 months or so have been around the 25-30 mark. Given our current situation I’m not surprised that we’ve continued with this policy.

However I do expect us to sign more players like FDB in due course and TBH I hope we do. It’s about time we tried something different.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Most of the signings we’ve made over the last 12 months or so have been around the 25-30 mark. Given our current situation I’m not surprised that we’ve continued with this policy.

However I do expect us to sign more players like FDB in due course and TBH I hope we do. It’s about time we tried something different.

Not sure why, after last season’s results, that should still be our policy? I think we added some solid signings last year, which all clubs need to have, but failed to add the quality that might have made the difference, especially in attacking areas

Edited by gurujuan

4 hours ago, modboy said:

The development squad crashed to a thumping 8-0 defeat at the hands of Rotherham United earlier this week.

🤯🙈

Patched up team not withstanding, I think there were some surprising promotions from the U18s at the end of the season, and one or two kept on by the U23s who were maybe lucky to get another year. Really need to beef the development squad up with some outside signings

Edited by gurujuan