Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

Guest LittleG
4 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

no it's not, we've done it wrong so many times, it must be hard for us, and easy for sides like the dingles.

I was being sarcastic.

2 hours ago, mogbad said:

They're independent in the sense that they aren't employed by the EFL but I believe the disciplinary panel is made up of chairmen/officers of EFL clubs.

Nope

90.3 A Disciplinary Commission shall consist of:

90.3.1 a chairperson who shall be either:

(a) a qualified solicitor or barrister; or

(b) a ‘member’ or ‘fellow’ of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators,

in either case with at least 5 years post-qualification experience who shall be appointed independently by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (or such other body as the Board may from time to time determine); and

90.3.2 two suitably qualified side members one of whom shall be selected by the Claimant and the other (subject to Regulation 90.4), by the Respondent,

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Nope

90.3 A Disciplinary Commission shall consist of:

90.3.1 a chairperson who shall be either:

(a) a qualified solicitor or barrister; or

(b) a ‘member’ or ‘fellow’ of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators,

in either case with at least 5 years post-qualification experience who shall be appointed independently by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (or such other body as the Board may from time to time determine); and

90.3.2 two suitably qualified side members one of whom shall be selected by the Claimant and the other (subject to Regulation 90.4), by the Respondent,

Let's hope we get Aticus Finch and not Rumpole.

We have an unsustainable wage bill, which must be addressed in the summer, by a lot of big earners leaving the club. Otherwise we will forever be under the scrutiny of the EFL. With FIFA wanting to ban Man City from Europe for two seasons, we may have a little less chance of ducking this one now. We have broken the rules and the odds are that we are going to pay for it. Will the club be proactive and be preparing now for a short term, or long term solution (to reach DC's aim of being an established prem club).

The only short term solution that I can see involves selling off more of the club's assets. The only asset that may have a big enough value that I can think of is the training ground. This was valued at £10M just prior to Ken Bates interest in us back in another of our financially troubled eras. So not really worth the bother for another sticking plaster job, in my opinion anyway. 

Wouldn't we be better taking the points hit now though, whichever way the club is plannng on going? If we are ever going to compete properly for a long promotion push we need to go for a long term solution, so dragging this point deduction out is surely counterproductive? Our team needs a rebuild and DC needs to make our outgoings match our incomings so that we have the funds in place to continue fighting for promotion. Luring players to us with high wages should no longer be our policy. If DC had told Carlos to buy a team for promotion for £50M in 2015/16, I reckon we would have gone up with a couple more high quality players, but even if we hadn't, as long as enough of the players were younger players, we would have been able to spend money on new recruits 3 years after, ie 2018/19 and have another go, although I personally don't think teams thrown together this way have a great chance of succeeding, although DC nearly did it first try!

Hopefully younger players will be signed on long term contracts. Players should only be signed if they fit in with our wage structure, otherwise the wage bill deficit remains until the end of their contract.

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

We have the same legal expert as Derby.

Trouble is we go first..before end of the month.

So he might use us as a training exercise to try and get fit for the big match.

lol

Do we actually know who our legal counsel is for the arbitration proceedings?

i couldn’t find any mention of it anywhere