Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

Just now, darra said:

Wouldn't the appeal be heard by the independent board of sports arbitration?

Who appoints that independent board though ?  

Genuine question nowt else 

25 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

The arbitration has got to be nearing an end

What makes you think that? FA Rule K arbitration cases are supposed to take no longer than 17 weeks.

Can't find anything about expected timeframe for EFL arbitration but I'd have thought they'd be simillar.

Our process started around 27 December so its moved fast if its moving towards the hearing.

Was surprised to see Biggsy, claiming club sources, saying it was due by end of this month.

On 14/02/2020 at 22:46, BrumBlue said:

I don't think it will be more than we got. So the max you will get is maybe 6-9 points. 

Whole thing is a farce & i hope we are not one of the clubs pushing for it. 

Im all for controls on spending & wages. But do it for everyone not just a select few. Make a transfer & salary cap. 

FFP is just a way of keeping the big clubs at the top. None of the smaller clubs now can spend their way to glory. 

There is no way that our dear friends aston villa should be able to spend 80-100 million & get away with it while others get punished for half as much. 

The Big six in the premier league love having the likes of Watford, Bournemouth, QPR,  Fulham, Swansea, ( total  major trophies won in their history, one ! ) in there, they will never be a threat, They would love it if Brentford went up. They dont want, Leeds ,US, Forest, Brum back in there.  Major trophies won 28 !

Bigger clubs, bigger fan bases, more threat simple.

• Haha 1

Am I reyt in saying the EFL are appealing Bolton’s suspended points deduction from this independent panel ?   If so that doesn’t appear to point towards a bias panel ? 

14 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Who appoints that independent board though ?  

Genuine question nowt else 

98 Appointing the Arbitrators

98.1 Subject to Regulation 98.6, the League Arbitration Panel shall comprise 3 members.

98.2 Within 14 days of service of the Notice of Arbitration, each party shall serve written notice on The League and all other parties to the arbitration of the details of the individual they wish to appoint to act as an arbitrator in the arbitration requested.  Any nominee must be:

98.2.1 a solicitor of no less than 10 years’ admission or a barrister of no less than 10 years’ call; and

98.2.2 independent of the party appointing him and able to render an impartial decision.

98.3 Within 14 days of service of the Notice of Arbitration The League shall appoint (or shall ask the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (or such other body as appointed by the Board from time to time) if The League is a party) to appoint) the third arbitrator who shall be a legally qualified person who shall sit as chairperson.

98.4 If a party refuses or fails to appoint an arbitrator when it is obliged to do so in accordance with these Regulations the Board (or the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (or such other body as appointed by the Board from time to time) if The League is a party) shall make the appointment giving notice in writing to that effect to each party.

98.5 Members of a League Arbitration Panel shall be entitled to receive from The League a reasonable sum by way of fees and expenses, as determined by the Board from time to time.  Where a party seeks to appoint an individual whose costs exceed those determined by the Board, that party will be responsible for any additional fees and expenses in any event, and such excess amounts cannot be the subject of an order for costs under any circumstances.

98.6 Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 98.1, the parties shall be at liberty to appoint a single arbitrator (who must be qualified in accordance with Regulation 98.2.1) in which case written notice of such agreement shall be provided to The League.  This Section of these Regulations shall thereafter be interpreted on the basis that the League Arbitration Panel comprises a single arbitrator who shall undertake the duties of the chairperson.

Just now, Burnsie said:

Doesn't that point towards the opposite?

Would think so,  on separate note it baffles me what the EFL think is the benefit in further punishing Bolton 

3 minutes ago, BrucieBonus said:

Suggests that his work with us is done...has the hearing already been held, maybe Chansiri knows the outcome so do the players hence why their heads have dropped...announcement held until the chairman’s returned. 

892A3D31-1F7A-4A6B-94D9-F6E36E6ABB79.png

Surely it's not us to us to a announce? The EFL would publish it 

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I guess as a warning for other clubs to keep within the rules.

What affects the integrity of the game more ? A club in administration , or a club making up the numbers in a league on - 20 odd Getting spanked 5-0 week in week out playing 15yr olds in first team 

17 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

The Big six in the premier league love having the likes of Watford, Bournemouth, QPR,  Fulham, Swansea, ( total  major trophies won in their history, one ! ) in there, they will never be a threat, They would love it if Brentford went up. They dont want, Leeds ,US, Forest, Brum back in there.  Major trophies won 28 !

Bigger clubs, bigger fan bases, more threat simple.

Dont think the major thropies won or even the big fan bases make much of a difference now with all the money in the premier league.

20 minutes ago, BrucieBonus said:

Suggests that his work with us is done...has the hearing already been held, maybe Chansiri knows the outcome so do the players hence why their heads have dropped...announcement held until the chairman’s returned. 

892A3D31-1F7A-4A6B-94D9-F6E36E6ABB79.png

Yeah seems to be done and dusted..especially with Derby ' ongoing'

Strange, no press release, nothing from either party..

6 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Yeah seems to be done and dusted..especially with Derby ' ongoing'

Strange, no press release, nothing from either party..

Would it be for the club or EFL to announce though ?  God knows but for what it’s worth I did hear a whisper DC was on his way to Sheffield this Afternoon 

EFL love a ‘no comment’ 

35 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Am I reyt in saying the EFL are appealing Bolton’s suspended points deduction from this independent panel ?   If so that doesn’t appear to point towards a bias panel ? 

The EFL lost the arbitration appeal against the over-leniency of disciplinary commission award

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Would it be for the club or EFL to announce though ?  God knows but for what it’s worth I did hear a whisper DC was on his way to Sheffield this Afternoon 

EFL love a ‘no comment’ 

Maybe Chansiri is coming back to make the club statement? Either a) we are very disappointed by the outcome of the arbitration or b) we are pleased to hear the result of the arbitration means there’s no case to answer.  

As a Wednesday fan I know which my money is on 

:duntmatter:

9 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Maybe Chansiri is coming back to make the club statement? Either a) we are very disappointed by the outcome of the arbitration or b) we are pleased to hear the result of the arbitration means there’s no case to answer.  

As a Wednesday fan I know which my money is on 

:duntmatter:

Think that’s how we all feel,  who knows though , I’d have thought the EFL would be first to pipe up if they get the result they want but who’s to say they can’t just appeal it anyway ??