Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

We play Boro last game of season, I think Gibbson better stay away if we get a points deduction, infact he better stay if we don't because I'm sure there's a few of ours fans that have got something to say to him.

Hopefully he'll get thrown over the bridge and into the Don, then his only saving grace is Jordan Rhodes on a dinghy who, as he approaches, then says he doesn't feel confident in saving him and sails back leaving Gibson to drown with a rusty trolley.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Can you imagine that...with our wage budget? I'd bet on an Invincible season! 

Can't wait. :wub:

If only there wasn't even more FFP restrictions in League 1 specifically on wages 

2 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I was told that as soon as you started the sale process, the asset changes from being an unvalued asset to being a valued asset, or summat like that, because an actual valuation has been arrived at, usually by an independant valuation but not necessarily. Then the valuation can be used in your accounts, which means that whether or not you have sold your valued asset, the asset now has a known value and that value is a good enough one for your acounts. The EFL base their assesments on our accounts and not on what they want our accounts to show them, so if they want to say, yes but you haven't actually sold your ground in these accounts, that could be where legal matters could get sticky, especially as the EFL were said to be working closely with us on this one. It makes you wonder if the EFL are actually stuck in the middle of a battle between Boro and SWFC.

I personally think we are going to kop for it especially with the league clubs getting together at the end of this month. With all the rubbish going on right now I half expect to see us relegated with a very heavy deduction as an example to others and half expect us to get away with a lighter points deduction as a compromise, but either way lets have it done now and move on.

I believe that for the ground sale to be back dated into the accounts ending July 2018 then an intention to sell document dated no later than 31st July 2018 needs to be in place.

Presumably in our discussions with the EFL we've provided information to the EFL that this is the case & they have accepted the accounts. The EFL are now saying they have further information that contradicts the information previously supplied. Whether that information has come from the club or a 3rd party we don't know.  Worryingly the fact that the EFL have also charged DC & 2 other club officials might suggest the EFL believe the 3 individuals haven't been totally above board in their discussions with the EFL.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 0114 said:

You said other teams have “sold their stadium in a similar fashion”. That’s not true. Hence why our charge is in regards to dates and accounting year and Derby’s charge is in regard to valuation. Very different. 

We certainly would be asking for other teams to be punished. If we had complied with the rules while others broke them we wouldn’t be looking at this situation with blue and white tinted glasses.

The similarity is the sale of stadiums.  If there weren't slight differences within that realm then they wouldn't be similar, they'd be the same.  :rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

As i said, the efl should ensure owners didnt rip clubs off (you selectively missed that off) What I mean by this is by preventing them from loaning clubs money at a disproportionate interest rate or even just by spending money the club doesn't have.. If all owners were made to put the money aside for transfers and the wages of players for the full length of their contracts; there wouldnt be a problem with any club over spending.  There is absolutely no evidence that ffp will stop clubs from getting into financial difficulties... Take bury for example. 

Why set the maximum spending at £39m over 3 years?  Ill tell you why, because it gives the former premier league club a far better chance of rejoining the premier league!

If a club doesn't turnover that amount it might just as well be £80 or £350m but no it remains £39 which I would suggest is a pittance compared to the revenue recieved through parachute payments. 

My suggestion ensures that whilst owners might, the clubs themselves wouldnt go into administration.  All ffp does is penalise clubs whos owners are willing to invest and maintain the status quo in the top division. 

To be fair I should have said on the last post that I’m not a fan of a FFP, I think it’s flawed but I can see why it was brought in.

How are owners going to put aside money for transfers and wages that’s yet to be generated? And does DC actually want to pour millions of his own money in?

There was about 40 or 50 cases of football league clubs going into administration between the year 2000 and the introduction of FFP. Since FFP was introduced, Bury and Bolton are the first to go into admin so you could say it’s been a success on that front. 

And can you imagine what the championship would be like now without FFP? There’d be some wild transfer fees and wages being thrown about. QPR would still be spending millions... Derby, Forest etc would all be going for it

51 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Anyone thinking we aren't going to get fizzed over only needs to look at Man City.

Interesting to see how that stands up with the CAS appeal , not saying Man City arnt guilty I’ve not really read enough into it to know , but it looks a bit naughty how UEFA have handled that case 

27 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I believe that for the ground sale to be back dated into the accounts ending July 2018 then an intention to sell document dated no later than 31st July 2018 needs to be in place.

Presumably in our discussions with the EFL we've provided information to the EFL that this is the case & they have accepted the accounts. The EFL are now saying they have further information that contradicts the information previously supplied. Whether that information has come from the club or a 3rd party we don't know.  Worryingly the fact that the EFL have also charged DC & 2 other club officials might suggest the EFL believe the 3 individuals haven't been totally above board in their discussions with the EFL.

In December 2018 Chansiri was deeply worried about FFP - we needed something to turn up to save us. Cue the Tardis and a bit of time travelling. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

UEFA - EFL both run by clownS along with FIFA.

Nah mate there good guys ... only have the best interests of there clubs at heart 

Just ask the Bury Fans