Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

3 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Have heard a rumour from a bloke I know who plays tennis with the wife of the EFL Chairman that Wednesday have won the case and will receive a 15pt bonus by means of an apology.

I would sooner it be automatic promotion for Wednesday to the premiershiip as we did not get a parachute payment when we got relegated. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Would it be for the club or EFL to announce though ?  God knows but for what it’s worth I did hear a whisper DC was on his way to Sheffield this Afternoon 

EFL love a ‘no comment’ 

I would imagine if it went in our favour DC would be singing it from the roof tops asap.

I don't have a good feeling about this...

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I would imagine if it went in our favour DC would be singing it from the roof tops asap.

Maybe,  id imagine decision hasn’t been made either way yet , will be leaked from

somwhere in this day and age 

Wouldn’t surprise me if Alan Nixon knows, always plays it down when asked 

1 hour ago, nethertonowl said:

The Big six in the premier league love having the likes of Watford, Bournemouth, QPR,  Fulham, Swansea, ( total  major trophies won in their history, one ! ) in there, they will never be a threat, They would love it if Brentford went up. They dont want, Leeds ,US, Forest, Brum back in there.  Major trophies won 28 !

Bigger clubs, bigger fan bases, more threat simple.

Quaking

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Maybe all parties involved will get time to read the verdict and either accept it or appeal it before it can be made public?

32 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Have heard a rumour from a bloke I know who plays tennis with the wife of the EFL Chairman that Wednesday have won the case and will receive a 15pt bonus by means of an apology.

Read the same on the internet. Forwarded the news to my mates who are Blunts, and they are getting all mardy about it.

DC has pulled a blinder here. Can't believe I ever doubted him!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Yeah seems to be done and dusted..especially with Derby ' ongoing'

Strange, no press release, nothing from either party..

Biggs suggested there would be an initial Arbitration hearing. Maybe the arbitration hearing has been held & we are waiting for a further hearing where the Arbitration panel will give their decision.

None of this gives me any confidence that this will be settled this season , is there any bottom line decision that says we must be dealt with this season ?    Way I see this .... if we lose Chansiri is gonna appeal , if we win the EFL is gonna appeal and Gibson will probably implode and try suing us at same time 

9 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Biggs suggested there would be an initial Arbitration hearing. Maybe the arbitration hearing has been held & we are waiting for a further hearing where the Arbitration panel will give their decision.

2 different things I’m lead to believe and also going on other EFL judgements

We have been charged with misconduct by the EFL under the EFL rules, the EFL can put forward what that punishment will be and will be decided upon by a panel regardless. 

The legal implications are being brought about by the club regarding the process and how the club has been dealt with, this will be an arbitration hearing. 

Very likely we will hear what the punishment is then the club will put forward to arbitration. 

I maybe completely wrong with this, are there any sport legal eagles out there? 

15 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

None of this gives me any confidence that this will be settled this season , is there any bottom line decision that says we must be dealt with this season ?    Way I see this .... if we lose Chansiri is gonna appeal , if we win the EFL is gonna appeal and Gibson will probably implode and try suing us at same time 

The EFL decision will be handed out this season. 

19 minutes ago, BrucieBonus said:

2 different things I’m lead to believe and also going on other EFL judgements

We have been charged with misconduct by the EFL under the EFL rules, the EFL can put forward what that punishment will be and will be decided upon by a panel regardless. 

The legal implications are being brought about by the club regarding the process and how the club has been dealt with, this will be an arbitration hearing. 

Very likely we will hear what the punishment is then the club will put forward to arbitration. 

I maybe completely wrong with this, are there any sport legal eagles out there? 

My understanding is the club have questioned the legality of the EFL's charges given that they had previously sanctioned the sale of the stadium & it's inclusion in the July 2018 accounts.  The club & the EFL have agreed to take the legality issue to arbitration.  As a result the EFL's disciplinary process against the club is on hold pending the outcome of the Arbitration Panel Hearing.  If the Arbitration Panel decide that the charges are illegal then we have no case to answer, if they decide the charges are legal then the EFL's Disciplinary process will continue.

Edited by mogbad

35 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

103 Challenging the Award

103.1 Subject to the provisions of Sections 67 and 68 of the Arbitration Act, the award shall be final and binding and there shall be no right of appeal or further arbitration and the parties exclude irrevocably any right to any other form of appeal, review or recourse in or by a court, judicial authority or other arbitral body, in so far as such waiver may validly be made.

2 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

The Big six in the premier league love having the likes of Watford, Bournemouth, QPR,  Fulham, Swansea, ( total  major trophies won in their history, one ! ) in there, they will never be a threat, They would love it if Brentford went up. They dont want, Leeds ,US, Forest, Brum back in there.  Major trophies won 28 !

Call it a hunch, but I don't think Liverpool will be all too worried if by some miracle we get ourselves promoted. 

The likes of Newcastle, Villa and Everton are not much of a threat to the top 6 these days and all three, arguably, are bigger clubs that us. 

Yeah, Dem Blades are having a good season, but they are likely to slide back into mid-table mediocrity before too long. 

Things are a lot different to when we were last in the Premier League. For the most part, there is an absolute chasm between the top 6 and the rest. 

Edited by SiJ

2 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

Being pedantic, the minnows listed have 2 major trophies. Both QPR and Swansea have won the League Cup

A Pedant

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Yeah seems to be done and dusted..especially with Derby ' ongoing'

Strange, no press release, nothing from either party..

Maybe clinging at straws BUT..

If the arbitration has concluded and a decision made surely there are two options:

A) we have won and consequently his work for swfc is finished.

B) we lost and we will have to defend the charges, wouldn't his work be still ongoing with us as likely would be involved in fighting the charges?