Westwood & Hutchinson

2 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Westwood situation obvious. Out of contract at the end of the season and weve no intentions of renewing it. Better for Dawson to play. 

Hutchinson out of contract also. However I do think he should be playing regardless of us renewing his contract. Still the best CDM at the club.

Westwood isn't out of contract. Signed a new two year deal in the summer.

Hutchinson is one that I would give a new contract too. Makes a difference when he plays, and if we do manage to get a CDM in the summer he is the best CB we have.

No individual is bigger than the club - quite recently Duffy/Lundstram at SUFC springs to mind and time and time again at Man U under Sir Alex.

I respect Monk's stance, its a shame, it would seem on current form/performances, that the rest of the squad don't see it the same way!

58 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I take a different view to many.

Westwood was playing poorly making error after error and was rightly dropped.  Monk should though have had him on the bench immediately he was fit.

Dawson has now started making inexplicable errors and a decent manager would consider a return for Westwood.

Meanwhile I thought Hutchinson was playing pretty well and should be in the team.

Monk is still young, immature and has reacted emotionally by leaving him out.  It could well be the end of Monk (hopefully).

A proper manager like Bruce would play Hutchinson if we have had to resort to JP or KL

Winning football matches is his role as manager and since Christmas we have won 1 game in 9!!!

Westwood won't sit on the bench

15 minutes ago, billyblack said:

I don't believe the sale was unlawful at all. Read an article the other day, saying as such.

What im more interested in is when it was sold and for what year it was filed in the accounts. That's a different thing altogether.

I don't think the concept of selling the ground was unlawful. I think the over valuation of it by more than double is not only immoral but could be construed as cheating.

That said, if someone offer you one million for your two up two down on woodseats you'd probably take it.

It's the EFLs fault for allowing this loophole.

Just now, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I don't think the concept of selling the ground was unlawful. I think the over valuation of it by more than double is not only immoral but could be construed as cheating.

That said, if someone offer you one million for your two up two down on woodseats you'd probably take it.

Agree yes.

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Has it been confirmed that Westwood and Hutchinson are barred/banned?

The thing is both Monk and DC need Hutch back in the side, teams are just dominating the midfield against us.

Agreed.

Don't know whats gone on, i'll give GM the benefit of the doubt as its happened before with a hard liner in Jos and thats one thing I liked about him, but it was abit TOO LATE in January to be telling arguably our best defensive midfielder to train with the 23s or whatevers happened. We are close to a scrap in the table here

We need to win a Championship match urgently.

One win in 9 games since Christmas is truly dreadful.

If I was manager and needed a win desperately tomorrow I would have Hutchinson as one the the first names on the team sheet.

Westwood's form was very poor but so has Dawson's form been recently.

Maybe then give Westwood a second chance.

Monk has to turn this around or he could be gone in the next fortnight.

28 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Westwood and Hutchinson are not the long term future of this football club. 

They have also been binned off by two managers for one reason or another. 

Quite remarkable that people can't see the issue with kowtowing to players like this. 

Whilst you are right, is there ever an occasion where our CM isn't better with Hutchinson playing ?? Does he ever not put the effort in? Does he ever wince out of tackles and hide ala Bannan ?? 

Your right about the future but for the now we could really drop into a relegation battle and that's without the points deduction. If you have someone who can help in the now you use them.

Think Hutchison and Westwood are big mates. I've seen em leaving the ground together with there kids after the match at least half a dozen times in the last couple of seasons when I've been coming out of the tap. If Westwoods had a fall out with monk stands to reason hutch will try and stick up for him. 

It’s pretty simple to me if monk wants to save his job and get to the end of the season where he has a lot of movement to rebuild with the out of contract players he has to turn results around 

he has westwood and hutchinson sat at home whilst we are getting out played by all the division 

if this is how he wants to discipline and manage the squad then he has to pay the price if he’s looking for work next year 

otherwise use what you have and manage then accordingly until you have enough to manage without them 

if I was monk I’d make a defensive midfielder or two a big target in the summer and play Sam for the rest of the season 

I don’t want to come across harsh on Dawson he doesn’t look like he’s lacking in confidence but his form as dropped as have the teams this needs addressing 

either give wildsmith a run or westwood needs to be recalled 

we can not keep having these performances and results whilst we’ve got two senior pros sat at home 

it’s the managers choice to exclude them and like jos it cost him his job 

if they are a problem then you look at the summer window to fix it but the problem isn’t the summer it’s here and now and you have to pick your best 11 or pay the price 

48 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Yes, but what we've done is the equivalent of offering yourself £Ms for your own house. I don't think that the valuation has been addressed yet?

Edited by swfc4_sufc0
Sp

Hutchinson takes his kids to a school near us and often waves to my son and his mates, always seems a nice bloke and under Monk he has improved quite a bit in some areas, like shots at goal and assists, but got worse in others like conceding free kicks and getting booked. If a player cannot deliver for his manager he will be dropped for players that can offer more. Hutch has had injury prolems galore and despite some improved form he has not always played well this season and does not have a divine right to play. Winding everybody up and being disrespectful is not going to help his case, but he has to earn his place. Monk has not frozen anybody out, all the players have the opportunity to impress the manager and when Hutchinson or Westwood do that they be in with another chance. As for Westwood v Dawson, Dawson edges the stats n his favour, does not act like a tw@t and will hopefully continue to improve, because he also turns up to training and trains hard while he is there. Players with Westwoods attitude are only ever tolerated when they are indispensible. Right now he is not.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, fpowl said:

It’s pretty simple to me if monk wants to save his job and get to the end of the season where he has a lot of movement to rebuild with the out of contract players he has to turn results around 

he has westwood and hutchinson sat at home whilst we are getting out played by all the division 

if this is how he wants to discipline and manage the squad then he has to pay the price if he’s looking for work next year 

otherwise use what you have and manage then accordingly until you have enough to manage without them 

if I was monk I’d make a defensive midfielder or two a big target in the summer and play Sam for the rest of the season 

I don’t want to come across harsh on Dawson he doesn’t look like he’s lacking in confidence but his form as dropped as have the teams this needs addressing 

either give wildsmith a run or westwood needs to be recalled 

we can not keep having these performances and results whilst we’ve got two senior pros sat at home 

it’s the managers choice to exclude them and like jos it cost him his job 

if they are a problem then you look at the summer window to fix it but the problem isn’t the summer it’s here and now and you have to pick your best 11 or pay the price 

trouble is, those senior pros don't affect the results at all

Just now, billyblack said:

trouble is, those senior pros don't affect the results at all

They did last year when Jos was sacked 

and if they don’t improve results the manager gets the sack 

if he doesn’t play them and results don’t improve the manager gets the sack 

the manager does himself no favours by losing games but getting beat in them convincingly by the divisions worst sides when he is choosing to freeze players out 

You can do it when results are going well and performances are ok but when questions start to be asked answers need to be given 

One of the many reasons I was miffed about Bruce leaving was exactly because he was able to manage players that are apparently unmanageable. No doubt because he himself was managed by the best and saw how they handled difficult players. 

Monk apparently doesn't have it.