Westwood & Hutchinson

42 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Am I right in saying that both were immediately brought back into the team by Bullen when Jos was finally despatched? And that a proper manager like Bruce never had a problem with them?

Sorry mate, but two managers have seen fit to drop them now. Rings alarm bells for me. 

No point comparing to Bruce either - he was here 3 months. 

Westwood needed to be sold in January and we didnt manage it. Not sure if that was lack of interest or our bizarre lack of moving players on. 

Ironically i think Dawson suffers because he was also not allowed to leave the club on loan to gain experience (same for Wildsmith). Our issues are all down to recruitment in my opinion. Stale, bloated squad. We have added some decent players but it only makes the set up worse as we didnt move any out the door!

• Thanks 1

Is it true Westwood and Hutchinson are well paid professionals that should give 100% for any manager 'proper ' ( whatever that is supposed to mean) or not?

Luhukay and Monk have had success at clubs, that's why they are in the game and still are/will be after managing us. They are not Guardiola or Klopp but they have done well in the right environment for them. 

If two managers regardless of how good/bad they may be have dropped them then there is obviously a disciplinary issue. Both have not been great this season but are easily solid players, so to completely drop them from the match day squad is a big signal. You'd have hoped with their experience and passion (Hutchinson especially) they would be backing the younger players as much as possible like true professionals regardless of their relationship with the manager. Just shows they are in it for themselves and not the club. Obviously we are all making assumptions but it doesn't look good for either of them.

Guest LittleG
11 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Do you think Monk was correct in dropping Westwood? As for Hutchinson he isn't as good as many make out.

No problem with Westwood being left out, although cannot really say that Dawson is an improvement. As for Hutch, he may not be the player he was but would sooner have him in the team than Pelupessy or Lee. Out on the pitch no one can question his commitment. 

Guest wilyfox

If these two have the audacity to down tools after the platform Wednesday have given them both plus the support from fans, they should not be selected again. This squad of players cannot be defended anymore. This past month they've chucked yet another season. Clear the decks. Get rid of these over-paid privileged wánkers.