Westwood & Hutchinson

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It's a right mess.

I have no idea what sins Westwood and Hutchinson have committed - Monk must be well miffed because they are worth a place in the side atm on ability, in my opinion of course.  But well miffed doesn't mean right or that he isn't partly to blame. I simply don't know. Just as I don't know whether Monk's behaviour at the clubs who have bombed him out - and they weren't simple sackings there was a lot of bad blood that went beyond normal football firings - was in any way dodgy and means we shouldn't employ him. The fact that it has happened more than once doesn't make him guilty in my eyes. 

I do think he's been short changed. For a start we could have employed him a lot earlier - instead we waited weeks and then announced him at the most low key, energy free press conference in history.  Managers nowadays always come in with their own teams of coaches they feel they can rely on. It helps them build a team in their own image. he's looking a bit like a lost soul without the usual support network and that is down to Chansiri presumably not being able to employ extra people because of his mismanagement of the club and the squad.

I think the players are largely "trying". Lack of confidence makes it look like you are half-hearted. I know we'd all "bleed for the shirt" and put in 100% we think but the reality can be very different.  And it's Monk's job - as well as the players amongst themselves - to build that mentality. If he can't do it from a position of strength when we were 3rd in the Division that doesn't bode well. The players have to show character but so does the manager. 

Basically I think they are all to blame and with a points deduction we are probably fizzed.

Happy Days.

Were is this points deduction that people seem to think is nailed on ??? Anyone seen owt to suggest it’s actually going down ?   I thought the EFL had a case ? Why can’t they get on with it 

19 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Monk managed senior pros at Swansea, Leeds and Birmingham.

Did he have problems there?

Don’t know the answer he might have a history for it.?

Or are these two special!

You've got to be a bit special if you can forget all the problems alleged between three of our recent mansgers and these two special players! 

Monk stuck up for Westwood when the fans and the press were criticising him, but surely by now he has have not only heard about KWs antics but has learned first hand what a nasty customer he can be. I have only heard rumours and stories from some of the young lads at the club, but lets ju most say that Westwood and Hutchinson have issues which they do not seem to be able to control. The fact that at least three of our managers have had big bust ups with them is no big surprise. 

The fact that each manager that comes in, gives the players a clean sheet, including Monk, despite the problems that exist with several players and that Monk has tried to diffuse the situation when things got a bit tricky, says a lot about his good character. The fact the two in question always revert to type and go so far that they get dropped says everything about their character yet so many idiots at the club blame the list of managers stucj with these brats rather than the players causing the trouble. The managers are not the only people at the club affected by this either. The atmosphere at any club can be spoiled by just one player with a bad attitude.  

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Unbelievable.

Starting to see a campaign to blame Monk, to deflect from DC's failings.

I wonder if DC is thinking about pushing the bottom to save himself.

Why would he have to sack Monk to save himself? 

He owns the Club and the ground lock, stock and barrel.

The only way DC will leave is when DC wants to leave.

Just now, Royal_D said:

Were is this points deduction that people seem to think is nailed on ??? Anyone seen owt to suggest it’s actually going down ?   I thought the EFL had a case ? Why can’t they get on with it 

I'm not saying it's nailed on. According to Biggs the first stage should be resolved this month - whether EFL are doing something lawful. Wednesday presumably have slowed it down by their actions challenging the lawful nature of the charge.

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I'm not saying it's nailed on. According to Biggs the first stage should be resolved this month - whether EFL are doing something lawful. Wednesday presumably have slowed it down by their actions challenging the lawful nature of the charge.

Havent Derby also challenged it ? 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hutchinson needs to be playing. We need his leadership and battling qualities in that weak midfield of ours. Monk needs to swallow his pride and get him back in the 11, it could just save his job. 

Yep.

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Unbelievable.

Starting to see a campaign to blame Monk, to deflect from DC's failings.

I wonder if DC is thinking about pushing the bottom to save himself.

I mean, yeah sure they both could and should have been moved on by now....but that still doesn't change the fact they're both the best players at the club in their respective positions. 

I'm more understanding on why Westwood isn't starting, but one big reason for our TERRIBLE run of form is that we're dominated in midfield every single game. Totally bizarre why Monk refuses to play our best CDM.

Just now, rickygoo said:

Here we go again - two clubs have challenged it so it must be unlawful.

lol

They would wouldn't they? And maybe they're right.  And maybe they're wrong.

Was just asking !  Calm urself down ... keep that blood pressure low I don’t wanna be concerned for your health if it comes out the EFL charge is unlawful 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Was just asking !  Calm urself down ... keep that blood pressure low I don’t wanna be concerned for your health if it comes out the EFL charge is unlawful 

I'm fine. Phlegmatic in fact - not getting irate about Westwood, Hutch or Monk. A plague on all their houses. It's assumptions, suppositions and libel that rile me a bit.

I hope the charge is unlawful. I quite enjoyed Div 3 but I've had my fill over the years.

Westwood and Hutchinson are not the long term future of this football club. 

They have also been binned off by two managers for one reason or another. 

Quite remarkable that people can't see the issue with kowtowing to players like this. 

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Here we go again - two clubs have challenged it so it must be unlawful.

lol

They would wouldn't they? And maybe they're right.  And maybe they're wrong.

I don't believe the sale was unlawful at all. Read an article the other day, saying as such.

What im more interested in is when it was sold and for what year it was filed in the accounts. That's a different thing altogether.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Am I right in thinking that Westwood has made far more mistakes when he has been selected than Dawson and Hutchinson hasn't exactly set the world alight with his performances in midfield?

Your right about Westwood  but Hutchison is a massive miss..... He could stand still in the middle of the pitch and have more presence than the rest of CM

15 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Sets no example playing players just because they boot off about being dropped. 

Love them both here but it’s time to move them on asap. 

We've too many players that have been here too long and hold too much sway and over entitlement in and around the club. We need to freshen things up and get rid allowing new players to settle in and create their own dynamic within the squad. 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

If these two have the audacity to down tools after the platform Wednesday have given them both plus the support from fans, they should not be selected again. This squad of players cannot be defended anymore. This past month they've chucked yet another season. Clear the decks. Get rid of these over-paid privileged wánkers. 

So you are itk then 

Where has it been said they have downed tools 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

If these two have the audacity to down tools after the platform Wednesday have given them both plus the support from fans, they should not be selected again. This squad of players cannot be defended anymore. This past month they've chucked yet another season. Clear the decks. Get rid of these over-paid privileged wánkers. 

giphy.gif.8d29f78ed1ffd36d1f0ab51c780ea9f5.gif

19 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Yep.

I mean, yeah sure they both could and should have been moved on by now....but that still doesn't change the fact they're both the best players at the club in their respective positions. 

I'm more understanding on why Westwood isn't starting, but one big reason for our TERRIBLE run of form is that we're dominated in midfield every single game. Totally bizarre why Monk refuses to play our best CDM.

Another possible scenario is that Monk wanted them to go in the last window so he could bring his type of players in for those positions but they refused.