Fans Vocal

Just now, S36 OWL said:

The problem is, the players don't care. They don't give a shiete if the fans are booing them. 

As someone posted in another thread, you can see most the players do care (or did).... But I can't work it out. Guess that's the problem. If we knew what the issue was, there wouldn't be one

Just now, S36 OWL said:

The problem is, the players don't care. They don't give a shiete if the fans are booing them. 

Agree. I get that part of a managers job is to motivate, but if the players don't care then that's a pretty impossible task no matter who the manager.

10 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The problem is, the players don't care. They don't give a shiete if the fans are booing them

To repeat from.another thread

Players do what's best for them and their careers. They aren't fans. Most of them do care about the club they play for and realise that they are lucky.

But they are young working class lads who are affected by the environment that they are in. And mainly that's their boss and their peers. You might think that earning more money gives them some wisdom beyond their years and life experiences. It doesnt.

Their individual attitude will not be to throw it off.  But if the whole place is under a cloud, if they are being played in systems they don't understand or don't believe in, their performance levels and confidence levels drop.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

To repeat from.another thread

Players do what's best for them and their careers. They aren't fans. Most of them do care about the club they play for and realise that they are lucky.

But they are young working class lads who are affected by the environment that they are in. And mainly that's their boss and their peers. You might think that earning more money gives them some wisdom beyond their years and life experiences. It doesnt.

Their individual attitude will not be to throw it off.  But if the whole place is under a cloud, if they are being played in systems they don't understand or don't believe in, their performance levels and confidence levels drop.

As simple as that 

They don’t believe in the manager, system or strategy 

They aren’t bad players - we have some of the best individual players in the league here. Round pegs round holes - if you get the players playing in the right way and believe in it, they’ll play for you

Monk isn’t - and has lost it completely

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

As simple as that 

They don’t believe in the manager, system or strategy 

They aren’t bad players - we have some of the best individual players in the league here. Round pegs round holes - if you get the players playing in the right way and believe in it, they’ll play for you

Monk isn’t - and has lost it completely

I want Monk gone because he cant come back from this. But I do have a bit of sympathy for him too.

He has the wrong skill set and ego to undertake a squad rebuild. He also couldn't bring in his own backroom team. It's not all his fault but I think even he accepts it's over.

Whether DC pulls the trigger is another matter....

Edited by Nero

26 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

It's difficult for anyone to come back from that. Another defeat on Saturday and it'll be absolutely toxic. 

To be fair , it was toxic when we was 3rd in league , it’s been toxic a while 

7 minutes ago, Nero said:

I want Monk gone because he cant come back from this. But I do have a bit of sympathy for him too.

He has the wrong skill set and ego to undertake a squad rebuild. He also couldn't bring in his own backroom team. It's not all his fault but I think even he accepts it's over.

Whether DC pulls the trigger is another matter....

It’s a shame no one pull the trigger on D C. He’s the problem he doesn’t have a clue or a plan. Is he ever in the country,who runs the club when he’s not here?  Does he know there’s unrest in the camp?  I know he’s too much money invested so he ain’t going to walk away and I can’t see anyone willing to pay him the money he wants to buy the club. As I see it we are well and truly screwed. 

2 minutes ago, The Claw said:

don't think its the manager, same two sat on bench as when JOS was here

Jos also had exactly the same problem with this group of players. 

Bruce also saw performances tail off towards the end of last season, reported he was frustrated he couldn't move on more players and couldn't wait to jump ship

41 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Half of the team (at least) have been told they're going no matter what.

A better manager would wipe the slate clean and tell the players to earn their new deals...

Then get rid of most of them anyway.

54 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

This has gone beyond recovery now - bullet the manager and give it someone else to the end of the season. No chance we’re going to believe in this manager getting this team to turn out a result.

I want to know which idiot was clapping... 

• Haha 8