Fans Vocal

13 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Not sure how we come back from that. 

We’ve tried the ‘heart to heart’ stuff, the telling offs, the arm around them, the desperate squad changes... 

Hope we don’t lose at the weekend is all we can do. 

Reckon Monk will see a 0-0 as a step in the right direction - not sure the fans will though.

16 minutes ago, Animis said:

Remember the fans singing it at Coventry when we were relegated in 2000. Next home game we smashed Leicester 4-0. Be careful Reading :bullen:

I'm pretty certain that we've sang it more recently and more often than 20 years ago - and then we didn't go on to win the next match 4-0!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Animis said:

Reckon Monk will see a 0-0 as a step in the right direction - not sure the fans will though.

There is that pal.

A 0 0 would be progress of sort.

But us fans will want us to win, and will complain if we dont win comfortably.

That's the world of football though.

1 hour ago, Burnsie said:

As someone posted in another thread, you can see most the players do care (or did).... But I can't work it out. Guess that's the problem. If we knew what the issue was, there wouldn't be one

I think they DO care, but so many are being played out of position it’s virtually untenable & they take the stick.

FF at wing back, Borner left of midfield or wherever he was playing???? 

If was just a mess but not ALL down to the players.

It must be frustrating, being played way out of position & then booed & slagged for it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

Agree. I get that part of a managers job is to motivate, but if the players don't care then that's a pretty impossible task no matter who the manager.

This. Why is the knee jerk reaction sack the manager?? You would have thought 11 professional players who have been playing all their lives would be able to pass a ball, tackle make runs  dawson kick a ball straght and actually try  even if the manager was not there. Not convinced we need a master tactician to beat Luton. It's the players or some of them who can't be bothered week in week out. Just get rid of the  the soon out of contract players and any one else who can't put a shift in. 

Think based on Monks previous comments he knows who the wasters are and they don't like their cushy world being questioned. So support Monk and let a manager build a team with players of his own choosing for once.

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I think they DO care, but so many are being played out of position it’s virtually untenable & they take the stick.

FF at wing back, Borner left of midfield or wherever he was playing???? 

If was just a mess but not ALL down to the players.

It must be frustrating, being played way out of position & then booed & slagged for it.

Agreed but also they played like ahsolute turd when they were in their favoured positions earlier on in the season. 

23 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Nothing will happen until we have a clear out and I cannot see DC getting shot of Monk at the mo.

. His contract is up at end of the season, think he will make an assessment then.

Waiting until the end of the season will be too late.

We need to have one eye already on next season.
Need to know the situation with the points deduction, know which players we want offer new contracts to (Hopefully none), what our budget will be and already identify targets and probably sound a few out if they are interested in coming here.

25 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Agreed but also they played like ahsolute turd when they were in their favoured positions earlier on in the season. 

Thought Borner when he was paired with Iorfa looked as solid as anything we’ve seen for ages.

The decision to draft Lees back at the expense of this pairing seems to have been the catalyst for the whole positional debacle we are now seeing.

Not defending any of the players, but I don’t but this idea that they don’t give a sh*t, I think the reasons lie elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

Guest The Claw
2 hours ago, striker said:

Jos also had exactly the same problem with this group of players. 

Bruce also saw performances tail off towards the end of last season, reported he was frustrated he couldn't move on more players and couldn't wait to jump ship

thanks for confirming my post

1 hour ago, Justbeanz said:

Losing the fans can be as bad as losing the dressing room.A bad result on Sat and Monk's finished.

Would be slightly harsh on Monk.

He has had no pre-season with the team.

One transfer window 

Has inherited someone else's backroom staff

Has inherited someone else's playing staff

Not saying it would have made any difference, but might have helped. 

Best case scenario for me, the EFL charge is resolved and we stay up. Then make a decision to clear out the squad/release players and then back the manager who ever that may be. Would even be tempted to get rid of the coaching staff.

We need to start again from top to bottom of the club.

It's gonna be interesting when Reading go 0-1 up after 5 mins on Saturday.

Hopefully the fans are finally gonna start to get a message across to Chansiri that we've more than had enough of going backwards and that his "family" needs disbanding asap (not that I expect him to be at the game)! 

Time for Chansiri & Paixo to do one, don't care how much he's spent etc etc!